Offset ain't everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is some serious lift!

Nice to see the whole process of converting coilovers to air suspension. Once again, awesome write up and damn this is cool.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• So. Long overdue update; where do I begin?

Let's split this in 3 chapters

Chapter 1:
      R34 - Falling Out Of Love.

I don't mean with the R34 itself, but with the cross factory body kit. These are the last pictures I shot with the kit on:

While it looked ultra sexy I no longer felt it and left me with wanting to sell the kit.

Luckily I found a buyer that decided it was the kit for him and so I sold it which left me with a naked R34, once more.

The reason for all of this was simply me liking the Z-tune looks so much more when slammed on the ground that it was time to do the switch.

That meant I needed new front fenders, rear fenders, side skirts and extensions.
      I got to work, genuine GTR skirts were a breeze to fit, Ztune front fenders were quite some work but expected to be and then came the rear overfenders which put me in a whole world of pain.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's ridiculous how much more it is required to make these shitty frp parts fit perfectly, I've yet to find good quality frp parts.

Either way, I painted the front fenders because they were done and before I could finish the rear fenders winter hit and I brought the car into storage. This is the state the r34 is in right now (in the background is my X5 with some 'new' 20 inch OEM shinies on)

I still gotta finish the rear fenders with a ton more custom work, the rear bumper extensions as well as the uras roof wing that recently arrived.

Oh, I also changed my rear sleeve bags to proper bellows. Sleeves are fkn horrible with a pressure based system.

I know, boring stuff. I fear that's it on the Skyline for now.

Chapter 2:

Wheels Wheels Wheels

The past couple of months no day has gone by without working our wheel endeavour. After people have seen mine in person and seen the few classic designs we've spun up with some modern execution as I like to call it, we've had quite some interest in our wheels. As such, we've decided to spend the money and work with an American company on a custom forging for our wheels - the same company that big brand wheel manufacturers use to source their forgings from.

Why an American company when we're based in Europe you might ask?

Simple, cost and flexibility.

We couldn't find a single German company, or from any other EU country for that matter, that could offer us the customization and pricing we could afford simply.
      That means we'll be getting our first set of forgings before summer and should be able to finish the first sets before the season is over.

These are our current setups:

I hope you like them.

Please understand the following: I'm not showing you this for advertising purposes. I've been updating you on the progress of making my own wheels throughout this thread. If you're not interested feel free to let me know.

We're just 2 dudes doing something we love; we do not just simply ask some Chinese company to make a 3 piece wheel for you to sell for horrendous amounts of cash - which appears to be a popular thing to do considering I could name several high profile brands doing exactly that. The research we had to do throughout the year to find suppliers has opened our eyes to many questionable business practices.

If you buy everything already finished in China, bolt it together in Germany - IT'S NOT MADE IN GERMANY.

False advertising 101.

This is happening.

That is not us.

We do shit ourselves.

On that note, before we decided to order a whole pallet of custom forgings from the US following happened: My man with the red R32 that had my BBS RS on for some time had a spot at the Essen Motor Show and he was very interested in one of my designs. Long story short we made it happen, built another prototype set and had a great time doing so. The combo looked glorious.

The response to displaying our wheels on the EMS has been so overwhelmingly positive it basically fueled our decision to go ahead with the custom forgings.

Also I now sold my prototypes and am looking at building another set that will fit better with the new kit. We're also looking at going for a 2p version, where the lip and barrel is one piece like on BBS LMs so we can further reduce costs.

Chapter 3:

Winter depression.

I'm not depressed depressed, but fuck me I'm bored in winter. I picked up a gimbal and a prime lense, tried to grab a few clips and attempted to cut stuff together. I might try to do more of this youtube stuff in the future. Here's the first try:

Ah ye, sub me. Quick.

Comment

• Some inspiring stuff, Alex

Wheel designs look spot on, some exciting stuff there. If I ever get another cool car again, I might come knocking for a set

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Hey

Nice car(s), nice story, nice works, keep going,

Your wheels are fkn madness too
          - VW Polo 6N OpenAir on Exip mesh wheels

- Austin Mini mayfair 1985

Instagram: oscar_polow

Comment

Working...
          X