No announcement yet.

Lazy Sunday 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i ripped that lip off not long after... I just need a new bumper really.

Front suspension has new poly LCA bushings and new poly strut rod bushings in

I almost have everything for the rear brakes, only have to order the calipers.

spaced out the stock wheels with some IcePro snow tires, really good for the money! just loud but I can't complain for <$200/set

I also picked up some TL enkies for $175 w/ tires .... I am planning on putting some 595-RSR or 615Ks on these for the spring

I love these wheels they remind me of Axis Touring cups from back in the day

test fit, sorry for the dirt:

After the brakes and tires I need the rear control arms (probably Megan), i can hear the old bushings clunking back there and I get a weird lateral sway when I take corners faster.

after that I'm hoping to move to refresh some of the cosmetics
    Last edited by Blumagic; 01-30-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

New shoes look good!
      sigpic
      Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

Thanks! I've forgot to update this thread.

Did the rear brakes in and put on the TL Enkeis until next winter

Matched up with the front, R1 slotted rotors, EBC red stuff, braided lines, and bled w/ DOT4

All in with the rear 30mm spacer

sunrise pic with my dirty ass car, it needs a wash bad.

If anyone is curious about the lugs these are 1320 performance ball seat lugs that look like tuner lugs; so safe fit but look cool.

Did a head unit delete, now i just have to remove everything else associated.

Metra Kit + BMW blank plate

pulling it all out

taking it apart

nice and tidy

side shot for good measure

Comment

R32 GTR wing!!!!

now i just have to solve the problem of making little spacers to mount it and I need to ditch the emblems

I like that it has this 90's DTM look, but still Japanese. The angle in the pic below just has a 90's MB vibe IMO

Just needs a gurney flap once I figure out the mounting situation

Comment

Originally posted by Blumagic View Post
            Thanks man I slightly did the drivers side, but i didn't take the fender off so i had a hard time getting it above that lip. I didn't notice the passenger side, I'll have to check it out.

I might try some OEM wheel first to see if I can get the tire size I like to fit, I'd like to do square with 245/45/17 Direzzas, Spend the money on UCAs & RCAs for the front so i can get some camber to get the fit right.

I ran 245s many years ago on a Jetta I had and thought it looked pretty badass, I like more sidewall though now and I know more about fitment than I did back then. I have to post some photos to reminisce

My wife laughed and said the same, hopefully eventually it will fit in. I do like the wood deep corn but I'd rather do other things first.
            What wheel specs are that Jetta?? I know it's really digging back... but I am interested on 245s on my GLI.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkyoshi154 View Post
              What wheel specs are that Jetta?? I know it's really digging back... but I am interested on 245s on my GLI.

No worries, they were 18x9 et30 rota boosts w/ 245/35 s.drives

I also picked up some acrylic and was able to make a small spacer/riser for the spoiler so mounting it shouldn't be too difficult

Comment

little update;

Picked up a cheap ebay SC400 intake and it worked

Stripped more weight out sold & selling OEM parts

Added some RCA's & 235/45 595 RS-Rs

actually just made the UCA ball joint cuts yesterday

took the dip off the bumper, will probably take it off the rest, but this is as high as the front will go!

Sooooooooooooo nice to not hear that ball joint smack the frame.

i think it is getting there, the exterior is still rough but it gives it a little character

Comment

This thing is tight! I would build a heat shield for that intake and possibly extend it a little closer to the headlight, you're now pulling more hot air in that stock and it will make performance worse. Also curious about that MAF, is that the SC400 one or? I've only ever seen the metal housing MAF's and never seen a fly by used. I would be very interested to know because I **** my old 300 MAF and replacing it is a b*tch and a half.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                    This thing is tight! I would build a heat shield for that intake and possibly extend it a little closer to the headlight, you're now pulling more hot air in that stock and it will make performance worse. Also curious about that MAF, is that the SC400 one or? I've only ever seen the metal housing MAF's and never seen a fly by used. I would be very interested to know because I **** my old 300 MAF and replacing it is a b*tch and a half.

Stock '95 LS MAF, I think the one you have is what comes on the '94 and under LS which the intake came with an adapter for. I basically just bought it for the pipe because it came out cheaper than buying bends, coupling, and clamps. The smaller pipe that comes out for vacuum and idle control are terrible, I had to seal it.

It pulls great in under ~75 degree weather, it starts dropping off after that. I plan on getting a 45 degree coupler to move the filter location but i don't really notice any power loss most of the time it just sounds better, so not really a big deal to me at the moment.

Although I'd like to integrate a cold air feed, i'm thinking of using a J's type duct from the DC2 ITR

My main goals are battery relocation and I may also make my own FG hood this summer, the stock one is so heavy. I think the car would have much better balance with that weight shifted/removed.

Comment

my 7D started working again... although I let me PS license lapse so not much editing power at the moment

Last edited by Blumagic; 05-13-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I'm liking where this is going
                        Basic Bitch

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73775

Comment

yeah this is bad ass !! good choices with the interior, i woukldnt mind a pair of those seats myself
                          LIL HIGH x LIL LOW

My stage 3 Focus ST MK2 build:
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...CON-1-Focus-ST

Comment

Thanks! GT-R wing is on and EGR is blocked, what a pain in the ass that was.

First time out of the garage in a couple weeks so excuse all of the dirt, going to wash it today and take some decent pics

Last edited by Blumagic; 06-23-2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I will never understand everyone's love for EGR deletes

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                              I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Pipe busted and mine has 2 pipes instead of the normal one long one.

This is the only picture on the internet I've found that is the same as what I have, see how they meet at some type of chamber in the rear? The top is hard but the bottom is seemingly impossible

You would have to pull the whole motor to replace the broken lower pipe on mine.

I've learned my car is a California car even though it originates from NYC. My best guess at this mystery chamber is that it collects exhaust gas to warm the intake a bit better for the more strict emissions. I can't find any info on it though.
                                Last edited by Blumagic; 06-23-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X