No announcement yet.

Lazy Sunday 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds ganador style mirrors and some wide ass Advan RG's for the 90's Yatabe runner look.

Love the car man, glad to see something different than a VIP LS. I'm curious, how much of a difference does that wheel make on a car like this? I know the stock wheel is big, but does the smaller wheel emulate a quicker rack well?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

This looks AMAZING! Can't wait to see what wheels you're going to put on this.

- Renato
      TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blumagic View Post
        Hacked off the rear mufflers and added some temp turndowns.

Had to do it. Love the progress.
        stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          This thing neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds ganador style mirrors and some wide ass Advan RG's for the 90's Yatabe runner look.

Love the car man, glad to see something different than a VIP LS. I'm curious, how much of a difference does that wheel make on a car like this? I know the stock wheel is big, but does the smaller wheel emulate a quicker rack well?
          RGs would look nice, I keep flip flopping between big and small wheels in my head and no stretch to some stretch.

the rack sucks the steering wheel didn't help at all, but it is all part of the character of driving it. Supra and the SC racks are a bit quicker but I hear they have different mounting points.

It might be more of an annoyance once i have the suspension bushings and brakes refreshed with tires that grip though.

Comment

Not to thread jack, but when I had my LS, I had some 18" Works on there, but I had plans to go smaller wheels. In particular, some 15" SSR MK1's. I even had someone PS them on to see how it would look

Not saying you have to do it, but small wheels would be dope as hell

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
              Not to thread jack, but when I had my LS, I had some 18" Works on there, but I had plans to go smaller wheels. In particular, some 15" SSR MK1's. I even had someone PS them on to see how it would look

Not saying you have to do it, but small wheels would be dope as hell

no worry that looks cool, I think I need at least 16" on the UCF20 brakes the clearance with the stocks looks like 1mm.

The other reason is that keeps me waffling is not being able to run RCA's with 16". Do you know from experience how much they help?

Comment

Originally posted by Blumagic View Post
                no worry that looks cool, I think I need at least 16" on the UCF20 brakes the clearance with the stocks looks like 1mm.

The other reason is that keeps me waffling is not being able to run RCA's with 16". Do you know from experience how much they help?
                Yeah.... mine was an early model UCF10 so it came with 15" small brake wheels...

Sadly I do not know. Everything except for my coilovers was stock on the suspension

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
                  Yeah.... mine was an early model UCF10 so it came with 15" small brake wheels...

Sadly I do not know. Everything except for my coilovers was stock on the suspension
                  i think i'm going to go 16", leaning toward R32 GTR wheels to try it out.

this set up specifically, but with R888s

nothing too exciting.

Upcoming
                  new front brakes on the way;
                  - EBC redstuff
                  - R1 slotted rotors

I still need to order stainless lines and reman calipers.

just got poly strut rod bushings from AST

did a mediocre wrap job on my console last night. A more contemporary wood grain that I was going to use in my old genesis.

Looks okay though, I have to fix the ashtray a bit

Comment

shitty update, but I haven't seen many tint the corner lights. Gets rid of the crown vic look

now i just need to get clear bumper lenses and match the tint

Comment

I like the progress up to that last pic. Maybe it's my OCD but the corners being Yellow and the bumper lights deep amber cheapens the front IMO. Still interested to see where this goes.

progress IS a slow process

Comment

I'm going for that base model Toyota look haha, opposite of VIP. I know what you mean though I have clear ones coming this week, I tried night shade but it reacted weird with the plastic so I have to get new ones.

Properly tucked the drivers side harness this weekend

installed rebuild calipers, R1 rotors, EBC reds, braided lines and DOT 4

dipped the lower half to see what it looked like, and actually notbad.jpeg. I might do gloss black lowers with the OEM blue in the future when I can get a new bumper.

Drove all over for work, stops on a dime now

I also deleted the washer fluid, lost a little more weight but gives me easy access to fender removal which will be nice when wheel time comes.

Comment

I like this so much. Reminds me of when I started modding my A4.

More progress please.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Some quality mods you've done, keep up the good work! Those refurbed calipers will look great behind the right set of wheels.
                            sigpic
                            Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

modified a cobra lip, but accidentally cracked the passenger side. It'll do until i can get a new bumper

Comment

Oh man this is interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X