No announcement yet.

Lazy Sunday 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I really didn't get this, but the more it comes together the more I can start to understand where you're trying to take this. Props for the creativity, shame about the damaged wheel but I'm sure it's gonna look awesome once you get the full set of RPF1s on, Keep it up!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Damn thats some **** luck getting wheels delivered like that
      Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
      www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
        At first I really didn't get this, but the more it comes together the more I can start to understand where you're trying to take this. Props for the creativity, shame about the damaged wheel but I'm sure it's gonna look awesome once you get the full set of RPF1s on, Keep it up!
        Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
        Damn thats some **** luck getting wheels delivered like that

Thanks, I hope they don't try to mess with me. I don't know how they could I opened the box and messaged them the next morning. I just don't understand how a wheel that looks like that gets boxed up.

Anyways , In the meantime I picked up a cheap 98-00 ebay lip. I wasn't sure if it would fit but I didn't even have to trim anything to work.

I need to figure out a cheap ramp solution for my rolled curb driveway before I rip it off backing out

Comment

that subtle lip changed the whole look of the car in a good way.

in for this on rpf1s all around.

Comment

Are your rear doors flared shut?
            Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Originally posted by _e90 View Post
              that subtle lip changed the whole look of the car in a good way.

in for this on rpf1s all around.
              Yeah it definitely did, tbh I think i like this one more than the expensive Japanese ones. All of those I've seem like they "add on" to the bottom where this one wraps a little of the bumper. Not much out there for the '95 I like besides the Aimgain bumper.

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              Are your rear doors flared shut?
              Naw, they function just like normal. the flare rides the door line as best as I could get it.

I rotated the center point of the flares ~20-30 degrees counter clockwise to follow that door line and fit with the trim a bit better.

Comment

The fronts are on! It needs some alignment tweaks but its getting there.

Comment

So I went to get an alignment and they told me my LCA was bent, I waited around after hours until ~8:30 pm. The car went in drivable came out virtually undrivable after just a front alignment. The toe in is so bad the tires smelled wh

so I got some godspeed adjustable camber arms, cut my losses and figured I'd take it back to my normal alignment shop that knows what they are doing. I thought I'd finally made a cool contact out here that was good with custom stuff without a million lectures or questions. Well that bit me in the ass.

Only to find out that the bolts were seized to the sleeves on both LCAs and in the process one of my endlinks stripped out. I'm testing out some adjustable SC400 ones.

just missing driving it right now, I'd definitely like to get some high radius metal flares in the future.
                  Last edited by Blumagic; 03-08-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Did a little more boring work, spark plugs & wires as well as cleaned the TB and intake manifold

I checked the rest of my control arms and found another seized bolt on the toe arm so i said F*** it and got the rest of the Godspeed arms.

I also installed the SC Techno Classic endlinks. Which are really nice, i wish I would have talked to them before buying the superpros for the front.

While I was waiting for parts to come in I retrofitted my headlights with projectors. I just took a chance with the fluted lenses but the beam pattern is decent enough, plus the black housings just look tough!

I did this for ~$70

Don't mind my janky alignment here, i've fixed the toe a bit lowered the rear a tad and it is going in for a legit alignment in the morning.

Last edited by Blumagic; 03-26-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

She's looking good!
                      sigpic
                      Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

Really dig how this has come together. I get scared when LS people talk about doing a "performance build" but you're doing great with the execution. Great color too.
                        '93 190e | '83 633CSi
                        IG: @chili_tm

Comment

Where in Indiana are you?? I’m in Indianapolis/Speedway and really want to shoot some pics of this thing

Comment

Originally posted by EricT93 View Post
                            She's looking good!
                            Originally posted by chili_tm View Post
                            Really dig how this has come together. I get scared when LS people talk about doing a "performance build" but you're doing great with the execution. Great color too.
                            Thanks! I do plan to put it on the track, hopefully next year when I can replace these tires and get the upper control arms & some other bushings refreshed.

It still will probably be an auto unless I can get a move up career wise.

Originally posted by CarlW View Post
                            Where in Indiana are you?? I’m in Indianapolis/Speedway and really want to shoot some pics of this thing

I'm up in Lafayette. I'm planning on going to cars & coffee in Indy this upcoming weekend though.

Be forewarned, The exterior is far from perfect. Until I have all the mechanical bits I want, I just call the roughness character.

Comment

just some better shots, i have a gurney flap coming!

I think my next project will be to delete the clutch fan, then mount electric fans to a MK3 supra radiator.

On a more boring note I'm throwing a code, I think I need a new MAF and i'm replacing the fuel filter as well since i'm coming up on 100k.

Comment

Dig how this LS is turning out, props!

Comment

Working...
                                X