Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test fitting with a different bolt pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test fitting with a different bolt pattern?

Hey guys!
    I have a set of wheels in 5x112 and I wanted to test fit them to decide of I want to redrill or just sell them. Any way I can do that without redrilling? They also have a smaller center bore so I need to bore the wheels as well.

Do you have lugnuts or lug bolts? if you have bolts it should be easy enough just to thread one in so you can get an idea of the fitment, with no weight on the wheel obviously

Comment

Originally posted by staystetti View Post
      Do you have lugnuts or lug bolts? if you have bolts it should be easy enough just to thread one in so you can get an idea of the fitment, with no weight on the wheel obviously
      sorry for the late reply I have studs/nuts now but I also have a set of original bolts. wouldnt it not fit since my hub is larger than the bore? I might try that out in the next week or two when I work on the car. and put a jack to put compression.
      Thanks
      anyone else got any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by 330xtrai View Post
        sorry for the late reply I have studs/nuts now but I also have a set of original bolts. wouldnt it not fit since my hub is larger than the bore? I might try that out in the next week or two when I work on the car. and put a jack to put compression.
        Thanks
        anyone else got any ideas?
        even if the bore was big enough, you're not going to get a x112 wheel to fit into x114 studs/hub.

2 options I see (maybe someone has other suggestions..?)
        1: wheel spacers with PCD change (which also may fix your 'bore being too small' issue).
        2: buy wheels with the right PCD.

or alternatively, you can do what I do, and not buy any cars that don't have the 5x114 hub/wheel pattern

Comment

I'm confused. So you can't use wobble bolts why?

Comment

this
            Originally posted by 330xtrai View Post
            my hub is larger than the bore?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

OP states he has studs/nuts now but I also have a set of original bolts'. So I am not sure what is going on here.

Obviously if you have lug studs you cant use wobble bolts.

Comment

Working...
              X