FS/FT 1995 BMW E34 540i/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/FT 1995 BMW E34 540i/6

1995 540i 6 speed with 118xxx original miles on it. I have owned the car since 7/2015 and it has been trouble-free since I took ownership. Cold A/C, hot heat, heated seats, and the all the accessories a $60k original MSRP car should have. No accidents or title issues.

I have both original keyless entry/alarm keys, I also have the valet key and the key blank for getting a copy made.

I bought the car from the PO who completed a proper 6 speed manual swap due to it having a bad automatic transmission at 106xxx.

Many new parts were used during the swap including: LUK e39 flywheel, LUK clutch kit, Lemfoerder guibo, center support, and trans mounts, and a new BMW trans brace. Clutch master cylinder and slave are both Febi (Bilstein). While the exhaust was off for the swap, he also removed the muffler so the car would make a little bit of sound. It's not loud at all, just enough, and sounds great.

Everything is functional with swap except for the reverse lights, however they are wired up and do work if you jump the switch. The reverse light switch on the trans is bad or simply worn. Cheap easy fix, it just never bothered me enough to fix it. But cruise control works, traction control works, no warning lights, everything is very functional and it shifts like butter. New fluid was put in the transmission as well.

As for other parts replaced. . .water pump and thermostat was done just before I got the car by the previous owner, he replaced the thermostat housing with a metal one. He also did the intake manifold and throttle body gaskets as they are a common vacuum leak areas. Belts are new. Oil pump bolts have been removed, loc-tited, and reinstalled (common for them to back out).

Also, this is the m60b40, so the engine with the better timing chain design (not to be confused with the problematic e39/e38 m62b44 timing chain tensioner design) so no worries there.

Front pads and rotors are new, rear pads are new. Struts are new as well (stock febi replacement cartridges).

It has truly been a great car to me. Fuel mileage is about 18 around town and 24mpg on the highway.

Paint and interior is in very good shape and cleans up very nice for its age. The car was clearly garaged for much of its life.

Now for the issues, the passenger side window motor is bad as it does not go down, and the rear driver's side window goes down but needs help going up (the clutch in that motor is slipping). Driver's side window and rear right window operate perfectly though. I have both window motors used in good working order to be installed, and might get to it prior to the sale.

New:

Clutch Kit / Flywheel

Trans / Motor Mounts

Guibo / Center Support

Clutch Master / Slave / Hose

Brakes

All four struts and rear strut mounts

Water Pump / Tstat / Tstat Housing / Belts

Battery was replaced in 2014 (Duralast Gold)

Both fuel filters replaced

New air filter

Headliner redone

BMW E60 wheels with brand new Continental run flats.

I also have a set of Eibach performance springs to install on the car.

Needs:

Passenger Front / Driver Rear Window Motor- I have both to replace

Reverse light switch for transmission.

The only reason for selling is to fund my two E28 projects. Or I will consider a partial/full trade for an E30 for my son. So, just let me know what you have and we can talk...Asking $6,500...Thanks.

Pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHskrSoSRV

Please shoot me a text 9199462006, very interested. Thank you.

Comment

Text sent...

Comment

Still available...

Comment

Just had a PDR guy remove the dents and polishing the paint, performed a synthetic oil change, installing a muffler with dual tips, and working on replacing the window motors. It will be ready for the next owner...

Comment

Sold...

Comment

Curious to know if you got list price? Wanting to set a good value for mine.
              Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X