Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedaddict...sounds to me like you were there for the event. thats the awesome support im talking about. since you were there, it helps to know that he may have been blowing things out of proportion.

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
    Fuck that noise. You paid to get into the show, it's your car, you shouldn't be locked in till it ends. It's just a car show at the end of the day, people should be allowed to come and go as they please. That dude is incredibly butthurt and blogging about it makes him sound soooooo cool
    yes, of course its ridiculous to think that everyone has to stay until the very end. im saying that it would be nice to have some common courtesy to help out your friends and make the show a good one, especially if there are paying spectators coming from far away. from what i read, im painting a picture of a show that was half done before the start of it. i stand by my statements, whether or not it happened at this event.
    Last edited by NegativeCamber; 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Wow, okay. I was there from 9am to ~4pm. There was already people lining up to roll in before I even got there at 9! Sure, it was fucking hot as hell, and yes, cars and people did leave, but nothing serious until after 4 which was around the time I left. There was a few (like 5 or so) people following me out when I left and I was told by Mike that most people started heading out around 5ish. I don't think a 2-3 hour window from the end of the show is a big deal if people wanted to leave. It was fucking hot, no doubt, but that's not something anyone but mother nature can control.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by 610EURO View Post
        assuming its all true, id be pissed if i was him too.

drove an hour, charged double, no clear direction to show site and most cars left before the actual start time of the show .. anyone who says they wouldnt have been frustrated is a liar.
        This

Comment

We were parked at the exit where cars would go by us if they were leaving. There weren't a lot of cars leaving...I believe this to be EXAGGERATED.

Again, if he was being charged for his son, all it takes is for him to speak up...with his voice not his blog.

supercharged GS400

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
            wait what? f no. that is a big deal. i was not there, but if this is true, thats some real bullshit. sw puts on an official event which is supposed to help build its name and rep. if you enter your car, its only right to stay and help support your team, crew, car club, whatever you want to call it....not roll out with your buddies prematurely because you want to go bs somewhere else. if you want to play that game, then why bother entering in an event like this. just have a meet in a parking lot with no show entry fees. the blogger said that he got word that a large number of people left before 1pm. again, if this is true, that is not cool.
            Fully agree. When you register for an event you are committing to do your part for the show. Rollin early is a bitch move IMO.

I've showed through some shitty heat, and showed during rain. Don't commit if you can't handle weather conditions or extreme boredom because both are likely.

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
              Car meets make me so angry i could just....i could.........BLOG ABOUT IT!!

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
              yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Sounds like he's pissed that his friends all left without him. Although if the site says gates opened at 1 and really everyone was there at 9 or whatever, that does kinda suck. Or was it supposed to be that way for the people who entered their cars so they could have some time to walk around and check stuff out before having to go be back with their rides or booths or whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                  hes old, fuck him
                  i was there, THIS! x 999,999,999

i did see cars leave but its no big deal to me, i saw what i could and dipped out afterwards. i got there a bit late due to the fact the track was so tucked away it was easy to miss, i passed it like twice.

someone who gets as heated as to blog negatively about something they didnt know much about, and AT ONES OWN FREE WILL decided to check it out only to end up disappointed, is confused and lost. opinions will be opinions and he has no real credibility for his views to make much difference to me or anyone else anyway. he should just stop being a baby about it, its immature.
                  Last edited by Vipkindaguy; 07-01-2010, 07:23 PM.

http://rivalhousegarage.com/

rivalhousegarage@gmail.com

Comment

I read this earlier today, and was taken back by it. When I did Stance of the Union, and with 512 our goal has always been to bring people together and make car shows about the enthusiasts again, instead of trophies and drama. Obviously you can't make everyone happy, but I wanted to know more so I called up Timm (gentleman who wrote the blog.) Very nice guy who just had a bad personal experience. We talked for a good while, and smoothed everything over. A negative experience turned into a positive with nothing more then a phone call and a willingness to listen. I'm looking forward to meeting Timm in person at our next event hopefully.

Couple of observations:

- Everyone is entitled to their opinion. We should all learn to better accept other people's thoughts, and also learn to communicate those opinions in a more thoughtful way. Those who post regularly, lead by example.

- Whenever we use the word "****," whether to describe someone or something, we have created a polarizing statement that will immediately divide people. Might not be the intent in mind, but inevitably that is what is being received by those reading. I would like to encourage everyone to move away from using that word. Let's be more thoughtful in delivering our opinions... we might all just shock ourselves and break the stigma that is associated with every car forum on the internet

- We need to stop jumping to conclusions and assume the best vs the worse. If you got a problem with someone's reply or thoughts, PM them.. call them.. setup a time to meet them and check out their car.. who knows? they might end up becoming your new best friend. Get out and get to know some of the members close to you. Only then will you truly know someone's character. I guarantee you the friendships I have made through this community will last longer then this forum will. This is a "good" place to identify like minded people, but it takes a willingness to reach out to people via telephone or in person, and really get to know them that will make this a "great" place.

This is a special community for a lot of different reasons... the greatest, imo, being the people. Get out behind the keyboard and get to know each other. Trust me, you will thank me later.

Ben

/ Soap box | cheesy-perspective

Comment

you iz a good man Ben...

supercharged GS400

Comment

Perfect, Ben. Perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by speedaddict View Post
                          you iz a good man Ben...
                          well said

Comment

Well said ben. I think stanceworks is really bringing people together. I've meet one or 2 people that I know on StanceWorks. Prodigee has meet maanny people on stanceworks. I met prodigee 2 weeks ago when I visited New York and he told me, "StanceWorks bringing people togetheeerr!!" in a singing voice and I agreed.
                            |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
                            Drama you are like god
                            Originally posted by SwearBear
                            Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

Good look on getting this resolved.

I actually follow that guy on twitter so that was the first reaction I had read about 512.

I am glad some of the people who responded earlier don't represent stanceworks officially...

I like em dropped.

Comment

figured it'd just be some guy ranting cause he ain't flush

Comment

Working...
                                X