This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special water trap for V2 managment?

I was wondering what type of water trap is needed for V2. I pieced together a brand new kit with airlift struts, V2 management, an airlift tank and dual 444 compressors. I went to buy the water trap when i bought the compressors and tank and the guy selling it said that the V2 has a special 'self purging water trap' that goes between the tank and manifold and that is incorrect to put them between the compressors and tank. he sent me this little black water trap. This is correct?

Attached is a picture of what he sent me. Also, im guessing the red fitting is a 1/4" threaded female and the black is an 1/8" fitting?

Thanks

The water trap has nothing to do with the V2 in particular. But it is a good idea to have a water trap between the compressor and the tank, or the tank and manifold. The pictured water trap is a AVS water trap with 1/4" female NPT on both sides.

I don't see the problem of having the water trap between the compressor and tank, as this will prevent any water in the tank. If you have it between the tank and manifold you will get water in the tank.

Edit: Both options will work, but you will need to drain the tank more often with the water trap between tank and manifold. With your setup with dual compressors I would place the water trap between the tank and manifold.
    Last edited by Frode D; 03-08-2016, 02:08 AM.
    '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Working...
    X