'00 FRC Hardtop - moar LS/Murica/long distance high speed cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350$ for a set of genuine LM?
    Damn that's a steal, I **** you so much right now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bojangle5 View Post
      What are your plans for those LMs? I have the exact same set of wheels (literally). Mine started off as turds too...

Not no more dough...
      IMG_0318
      Nice setup!

I plan on burning these knobby dirtbike tires down to the cords, then disassembling the wheels and powdercoating the faces. Will polish the lips myself, and possibly reverse mount the faces. The wheels are already pretty close to being flush with the fenders.

Originally posted by LCG View Post
      $350...

$350...

$350...

wait what?

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
      350$ for a set of genuine LM?
      Damn that's a steal, I **** you so much right now!

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

• Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
        ....... and possibly reverse mount the faces.....

Comment

• Basically exactly what I did (I went all black). I had big dreams of all black lips and faces with the inner barrels mirror polished....
          Needless to say that didn't happen.

Make sure your protect the wheel bolts when you disassemble them. You'll want to keep those OEM wheel bolts as fresh as possible.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
          Reverse mounting the faces yields little perceivable effect, but I did it anyways.

Comment

• I was thinking about reverse mounting only the rears to really make the "lip" effect stand out versus the standard mounted fronts.

Comment

• I dont normally like vetted, but this is an exception. Pretty Chevy.
              Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

• Friday night I began disassembling the rear BBS wheels to see if any machining or modification would be necessary to reverse mount the faces on the rear wheels. Luckily, everything bolted up perfectly!

I began by removing the hardware holding the faces to the barrels, 8mm and 10mm 12 point sockets each. Went very quickly with the help of an electric impact.

The faces came out easily with a couple taps from a rubber mallet.

Test fitting a reverse mounted face (foreground), and a standard mount in the background.

Another shot - can you tell which is which? It's a subtle but nice change.

All hardware is getting a nice soaking. Check out the factory threadlocker that was applied in Japan, in a different century!

Out doing old man Corvette things

Back on the C6 wheels for now, parked with my other daily which is lowered using much more ghetto methods.

Comment

• It just occurred to me that I never posted up the link to my LS3/L92 6.2 swap. I took apart the car in February, it was running by late May of this year.*

C5 General - DIY: L92/LS3 6.2L swap into C5 FRC - I'm nothing more than an amateur mechanic with an engineering/manufacturing background, and I love detailed build/progress threads, so here is my humble attempt at documenting my current project. Everyone loves LS swaps, but this time it's replacing the existing LS in...

Here is a general picture dump of my activities since then

Maiden voyage after the swap for some random parts

After a proper wash and cleaning, I started to put some miles on it and cruise

One of my favorite recent shots on my favorite local driving road

Feeling patriotic during the week of 4th of July

Out at the local ice cream joint

Playing with the N2MB No Lift Shift feature, which occasionally shoots fireballs (although not on command). Apparently the pressure was too much for stock junky mufflers.

Which prompted me to whip up some straight pipes

Comment

• Also made sure it was still capable of hauling things other than ass

Comment

• yo... what are your thoughts on the LS3 swap?

also, plz run the exhaust centered and together like this:

maybe even angle it up a bit.

Comment

• and what is that truck engine for? you sneaky

Comment

• On the plus side, those tires look mint.
                          2 328i e36's
                          Saabaru linear 2.5na
                          Various projects.
                          sigpic
                          Intro;
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            yo... what are your thoughts on the LS3 swap?

also, plz run the exhaust centered and together like this:

maybe even angle it up a bit.
                            I do like that look, but my trailer hitch receiver is in the way, so that's a no go.

What are my thoughts on the LS3 swap? It was expensive, but pretty simple to do in a car that already had an LS. I haven't yet dyno'd it but it pulls a lot harder, especially on the top end. I have yet to dyno it, I'm told this cam has made about 470rwhp in other cars with similar bolt ons.

Originally posted by LCG View Post
                            and what is that truck engine for? you sneaky
                            I really have no idea why I bought it. Ok, I'm lying, I bought it because it was a complete dropout minus trans and the guy wanted $400 for it. I wanted to put it into my cop car and do a sloppy turbo build, but I'm having second thoughts about tackling yet another swap. I'll hang onto it and maybe put it into a boat or something one day.

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                            On the plus side, those tires look mint.
                            Tires have a short life expectancy around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by nsogiba View Post
                              Tires have a short life expectancy around here.
                              +1 they do get pricey after awhile, however. If I were going to burn them off I'd run the spare 16s you have haha
                              2 328i e36's
                              Saabaru linear 2.5na
                              Various projects.
                              sigpic
                              Intro;
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• 2000 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe6.2L LS3/L92BTR Stage 2 LS3 camLong tube headers, cutoutsN2MB WOTBox (2-step)Playing around on some back roads, zero traction m...

Comment

Working...
                                X