e36 10.5" rear???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 10.5" rear???

What's going on everyone? As the title says, I need some help with my m3. I'm building AC Schnitzer type 1's and I want to go 10.5 et 25-27ish in the rear. Has anybody ran anything similar? I'm not a huge fan of camber and stretch but that seems like it's needed. Does this sound like a good idea, or should I play it safe and go with just a 17x10" et33 rear?

Goggle is your friend...

Comment

17x10 and play it safe depending on offset but 17x10.5 et 23 will barely clear inner strut and will require a mild/moderate fender pull.

Sig photo was 18x10 et17 and I once tested them with 0.5" inner barrel which made my wheels 18x10.5 et23 and barely cleared the inner strut.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Thanks for the input... I really want more lip but I can definitely see why 10's would be the more comfortable choice. I'll run 245/40's and fit them without a headache

Comment

I've done it, its aggressive for stock body E36

here are some pics

18x10.5+25 in the rear

Comment

10.5 rear reporting in
            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nguyenjemz/

Comment

wow both those cars are sooo clean and beautiful.. Are you guys static or bagged, and what's the tire specs. Is the ride that bad with the stretch??

Comment

Not my car, but they are my old wheels so I know the specs.....10.5 ET0, but a lot of pulling/flaring and a lot of camber and stretch needed to get them on there. Pretty aggressive and extreme set up.

Same wheels, same owner, different car

Comment

Can't believe he fit those with that kind of offset, that's insane. Always loved the breytons

Comment

17x10.5 fits with camber
                    IMG_58172 by Yoga Pants And Stance, on Flickr
                    IMG_3895 by Yoga Pants And Stance, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e36_Danny View Post
                      Can't believe he fit those with that kind of offset, that's insane. Always loved the breytons
                      Depends on your version of "fit" I guess It's extreme, but they're on there.....took a lot of camber, a lot of rolling and pulling, and a lot of stretch(which got all the wrong sort of attention from the boys in blue, hence the car swap once the purple one was defected). And they're 9 +6 up front just for reference. They'll be going on his E30 next.

Comment

ahahaha great way to put it

Comment

Originally posted by DakarDario View Post
                          17x10.5 fits with camber
                          IMG_58172 by Yoga Pants And Stance, on Flickr
                          IMG_3895 by Yoga Pants And Stance, on Flickr
                          saw your build on this car and have loved it ever since... never knew those were 10.5's though. Funny because I remember seeing your pss9 to broadway static coiler thread on the old bimmerforums and now I'm going to be doing the same swap soon

Comment

Working...
                          X