Bbs rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbs rs2

Hey built a set of bbs rs2's and the hidden valve stems I've purchased have a slow air leak, is there a way to repair them without separating the wheels again?

IG: keepcalmitsken

Factory BBS RS2? What valve stems are you using currently?
    Edit: I got schooled
    Last edited by zoo; 01-18-2016, 11:18 PM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Yes, they can be repaired without removing the face.

First, find the source of the leak with some soapy water. If it's the valve core, just replace it. It's a standard size. If you see bubbles around the outside of the bolt, you'll have to remove it.

They're usually an 8mm triple square, but I also ended up with one that's 10mm triple square (and it sucks because it's easier to strip out). Take it out, clean the threads, and replace the O-ring. It'll be a metric size. For extra assurance you should seal the threads. Because the valve is also an assembly bolt it needs thread locker too. Loctite 545 is a correct selection; a medium strength thread locker with sealant for course threads. Assembly torque is 21 ft-lbs.

If for some reason you end up buying a new valve, don't buy the style shown in zoo's link with the external hex. Those are for different wheels. You won't be able to get a socket on it with an RSII. You need one with an internal triple square drive.

Comment

these are the ones I've purchased, they sit in between the face and the barrel.

Comment

sorry for the late reply yal, for some reason I get no notification when I get replies on my posts -.-

Comment

Originally posted by supremeKEN94 View Post

these are the ones I've purchased, they sit in between the face and the barrel.

Those are filler extensions, not the valve.

This is the valve:

Comment

oh whoops, so how do I go about fixing my problem bro?

Comment

Originally posted by supremeKEN94 View Post
                oh whoops, so how do I go about fixing my problem bro?

...read my first post in the thread?

tl;dr:
                Take it out and replace the O-ring and seal the threads.

Comment

Bumping this thread. Rebuilding RSii's now. What kind of sealant should be used on the valve stem. Built four of them 3 have no leaks without sealant and one has a bad leak. Tried welding and tapping and still no luck. Gonna try some of this sealant with a new barrel for safe measures.

Comment

Originally posted by xLIxPunk View Post
                    Bumping this thread. Rebuilding RSii's now. What kind of sealant should be used on the valve stem. Built four of them 3 have no leaks without sealant and one has a bad leak. Tried welding and tapping and still no luck. Gonna try some of this sealant with a new barrel for safe measures.
                    Read my first post in this thread. I list a suitable sealant+threadlocker.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
                      Read my first post in this thread. I list a suitable sealant+threadlocker.
                      I bought this,

Would that be suitable or should I buy loctite 545 like you mentioned.

Comment

It'll probably work fine to seal the leak, and you'll probably never have any issues if it's torqued to the right spec. It's best to use a sealer and threadlocker for these, since RSII (and similar) have so few assembly bolts.

Comment

Working...
                        X