Clear All

Originally posted by FRANKIBOY27 View Post
    this shit is funny
    fr I need a real car again

Comment

Fuckin love this car. Scrape scrape on everything and makes me smile

Just to give an idea of how small Tercels are

and my roof is about the same height as most stock truck beds

Oh! And I replaced my broken ass driver seat belt buckle! So nice to have it working again lol

Full mod list as of now:
      K Sport Control Pro coilovers with stock springs
      Whiteline adjustable rear panhard bar for EP91 Starlet
      nameless CRX front lip custom fit
      S13 240sx Duraflex Type U side skirts (Vertex rep)
      OEM replacement rear bumper
      Custom ram air intake made from a 302 engine kit
      5/32" larger vacuum lines
      NGK OE spec plugs and wires
      Front wheels-Honda Mobilio OEM 14x5.5 165/55r14 achilles with 50mm spacers
      Rear wheels-Manaray Vertec VR-5 Sport Cup 15x7 +28 165/50r15 achilles
      Rear fenders cut and pulled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope my "build" becomes a beacon of some sort for any future stanced Tercel owners who are looking to slam but are lost. There's not much information out there for these as far as fitment/stance... especially for the 5th gens. I tried a lot of things that nobody has done before (or at least not recorded) and learned a lot
      Last edited by nishy; 12-07-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

So.... These came in Tuesday I'm waiting on tires to arrive then they'll be mounted up! Full set of 4x100 15" LXZ's in full polish and I couldn't be happier. They're beautiful

Here's some super high quality phone pics for you guys :P

Comment

Hell yeah! Love those wheels!

Anything new done to the engine? Check out an EGR delete if you don't have smog in your area.

In preparation of an up coming smog check I cleaned out the EGR valve and Temperature Sensor. How to change or clean your EGR valve and help pass the smog. M...

Here's a video of how to clean the EGR, removal is the same but you just don't put it back and plug the holes.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
            Hell yeah! Love those wheels!

Anything new done to the engine? Check out an EGR delete if you don't have smog in your area.

In preparation of an up coming smog check I cleaned out the EGR valve and Temperature Sensor. How to change or clean your EGR valve and help pass the smog. M...

Here's a video of how to clean the EGR, removal is the same but you just don't put it back and plug the holes.
            Sadly I do have smog... I was going to delete it anyway, but my inspection is up in January so I figured I'd just wait. I've already replaced the EGR valve and the modulator trying to chase down this EGR code I'm getting lol

Comment

Car is looking good!

Volo In Timore

Comment

By all accounts I should love this car... but I don't . I don't really enjoy it at all. I was hoping that getting a dope set of wheels would fix that but it did not. I have all of the wheels up for sale rn in the DFW area of Texas if anyone is interested. Gonna get something different. Maybe some kind of wagon... anyway, rip Tercel. You were okay

Comment

sad to see her go, loved going through this thread !

Comment

Ugh god dammit... I cant stop buying shit for this car

ok, so I had the Kranze for two days, and I ended up ****** how nice they were. Wheels are a 10, car is a 5 and the fact that they had almost no lip and were full polish didn't help either. No bueno. So I gave them to my buddy that has a miata for him to do whatever with.

I went back on stock wheels, and ended up scraping the skirts in half (on each side). Separated the bottoms from the sides. The front lip was basically completely destroyed from how much it scraped on everything. The whole thing was just looking like ass so I took everything off, and even though I'm way higher it's a lot cleaner.

I'm back on the Mobilio wheels because I like them more than the stock steelies.

Oh yeah.... and I'm waiting on these beauties to arrive from Japan
                    15x6.5 +17 BBS RS, but they're 4x114 so I'm going to run a 25mm adapter up front, and 15mm adapters in the rear. Fitment is gonna be tight af. After I get them on, I'm going lower for sure. I don't know how seeing that the coils are fairly seized, but I'll figure something out. Ideally I would like to tuck the top of the wheel on the rears, and be level with the front.

No curbing, bends, cracks, peel, or pretty much anything wrong with them. Just a bit dirty

As long as I'm happy with how the wheels sit and look, I'm going to start on the interior. First order of business is going to be the front seats... thinking Bride? We'll see

Comment

• I love this little thing, those honda wheels are way too cool but the LXZ's will be nuts. Also I'm curious why you want to do an EGR delete on this thing? Unless you are having issues with the system there's no reason to delete it. A lot of kids think EGR deletes are going to make their car faster or change their exhaust or shit like that when really all it does is keep combustion temperatures down during cruising. At WOT and idle your EGR isn't operating and if you get rid of it you run the risk of pre-igntion/detonation because of excessive combustion temps. There's reasons for EGR deletes on actual racecars with programmable ECU's but on street cars with oem ECU's you'll just shorten the life of your engine.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                        Also I'm curious why you want to do an EGR delete on this thing? Unless you are having issues with the system there's no reason to delete it. A lot of kids think EGR deletes are going to make their car faster or change their exhaust or shit like that when really all it does is keep combustion temperatures down during cruising. At WOT and idle your EGR isn't operating and if you get rid of it you run the risk of pre-igntion/detonation because of excessive combustion temps. There's reasons for EGR deletes on actual racecars with programmable ECU's but on street cars with oem ECU's you'll just shorten the life of your engine.
                        Less clutter, less parts to fail, cleaner intake manifold, cleaner/clearer path for intake gasses to flow into the engine. If he tunes for it, he would also see more power, like the non EGR 5efe's made 7hp over the EGR 5efe's.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                          I love this little thing, those honda wheels are way too cool but the LXZ's will be nuts. Also I'm curious why you want to do an EGR delete on this thing? Unless you are having issues with the system there's no reason to delete it. A lot of kids think EGR deletes are going to make their car faster or change their exhaust or shit like that when really all it does is keep combustion temperatures down during cruising. At WOT and idle your EGR isn't operating and if you get rid of it you run the risk of pre-igntion/detonation because of excessive combustion temps. There's reasons for EGR deletes on actual racecars with programmable ECU's but on street cars with oem ECU's you'll just shorten the life of your engine.
                          Not sure if you had a typo, or misread, but the LXZ's were already on and then off again lol. They're too shiny and dont fit the look of the car like i want.

Reason for EGR delete is 99.9% aesthetic. I'm probably going to do it next year if I still have this thing because it'll be 25. With the whole EGR system removed, and the AC and PS deleted, the bay would be 10000% cleaner

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                          Less clutter, less parts to fail, cleaner intake manifold, cleaner/clearer path for intake gasses to flow into the engine. If he tunes for it, he would also see more power, like the non EGR 5efe's made 7hp over the EGR 5efe's.
                          Also, the 5e DIS is a pain in the ass to tune, just like any other Toyota DIS coil on plug engine. Only way to do it is get a standalone. I've heard both good and bad about piggybacks on toyota ECUs
                          Last edited by nishy; 02-17-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• front firment on both sides (you can't even stick a finger in it )

rear driver side fitment

and rear passenger fitment before pull

and after pull, it's tighter than it looks, I promise

Final specs with adapters, F: 15x6.5 -8 R: 15x6.5 +2

Comment

• One of my best friends, Cole took this pic last night I'm so happy with how it's sitting

Comment

• Ah okay, I just feel like aesthetic isn't worth possible detonation but that's just me. Sorry about the confusion with the LXZ's I totally missed the post with the on the car. Now that I see it I agree they don't match the paint and style of the car at all. New wheels look a lot better!

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                                I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Working...
                                X