World's worst Tercel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
    I've never associated ducktail spoilers to the RB crap hahahaha. More like a Diana style ducktail. That ES300/windom I posted has a Diana kit, it's old school VIP stuff.

Here's the spoiler I'm talking about on a Primera.

Oh, I wasn't sure about the wheels because they were in the post about guessing what wheels you were getting

I definitely dig the pie faces though, looks great!
    Oooh that's so much better than RB. Whatever I end up getting I'dd have to modify down in width so it doesnt really matter on application, more the shape.

Next up is some skirts though... I don't like how high the sides look.

And yeah, those are OEM wheels from a first gen Honda Mobilio I've never seen a set in the US and I really love how they look. I'm definitely starting to turn heads haha
    Specs are weak at 14x5.5 but I'm running 50mm spacers up front, and 35mm out back. The fitment is so good and I still have 2" of oil pan clearance... sadly that is the lowest part of the car besides the exhaust in the back.

The front is really low... the rest of the car is ehhhhh low

Comment

I would love to see you make a custom body kit for this out of the stock bumpers and an s13 coupe vertex rep kit or something.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I would love to see you make a custom body kit for this out of the stock bumpers and an s13 coupe vertex rep kit or something.
        Fuck. That actually looks amazing. I'll see what I can do

Here's what the valve cover looks like in the car if anyone cares

Comment

Would look better if you had headers, or the heat shield on and painted light silver. You might also pick up a few hp with the heat shield as it will keep engine bay temps down. A battery relocation and an aluminum coolant overflow would do wonders for that bay. Moving the battery would make it easier to make a cold air intake as well. The cover looks great though, reminds me of the color of the gold top sr20's.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

i dig your ambition but you really should look for some different wheels. they look good but you say "good fitment"....youre running 2" spacers. anything over 1" (25mm) is to much to me. just some constructive criticism. not trying to be a dick.

Originally posted by BozoBubble
            Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

Would look better if you had headers, or the heat shield on and painted light silver. You might also pick up a few hp with the heat shield as it will keep engine bay temps down. A battery relocation and an aluminum coolant overflow would do wonders for that bay. Moving the battery would make it easier to make a cold air intake as well. The cover looks great though, reminds me of the color of the gold top sr20's.
              Yeah, engine bay definitely isn't close to done. I took the head shield off because it had a huge crack in it and it was rattling. I'll eventually fix it and relocate the battery too...
              You have any specific recommendations on a overflow tank? I would assume nearly any universal one would be fine. The plan the whole time was to relocate the battery and then extend the intake to an actual cold air, or just a longer tube that would be farther away from the engine. I still have a lot in mind for this car , fear not

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
              i dig your ambition but you really should look for some different wheels. they look good but you say "good fitment"....youre running 2" spacers. anything over 1" (25mm) is to much to me. just some constructive criticism. not trying to be a dick.
              As for this, I personally really like the wheels, but I'm not a big fan of the spacers either. I'll change it up eventually. Thinking either RPF1s, or Equip 01s

Comment

I've always loved this generation Tercel. I almost bought a white coupe for my first car back around 2003. I wanted to do the Wings West body kit, a Weapon-R intake and some white Motegi MR7's....lol. I'm actually contemplating selling my '97 Civic HX coupe and seeking out a Tercel as it's replacement. The Civic is pretty rough around the edges on the exterior and has 215k on it so it might be time for a replacement. Keep it up man, I like the direction this thing is heading in.
                MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                  I've always loved this generation Tercel. I almost bought a white coupe for my first car back around 2003. I wanted to do the Wings West body kit, a Weapon-R intake and some white Motegi MR7's....lol. I'm actually contemplating selling my '97 Civic HX coupe and seeking out a Tercel as it's replacement. The Civic is pretty rough around the edges on the exterior and has 215k on it so it might be time for a replacement. Keep it up man, I like the direction this thing is heading in.
                  The main problem I have with my tercel is honestly that I can't go as low as I want without custom raised engine mounts, and that it has a solid rear beam instead of IRS. Other than that, it's an incredible little car albeit not very fast Mine has 207K on the engine, tranny, and body. Thanks for the compliments

A while back I bought this Hayden oil cooler off of amazon for like $35, and it sat in my living room for three months until now... but the thing is, I didn't have enough hose to properly hook it up and run everything like I wanted to so, for now AS A TEMPORARY THING it's sitting there not connected to anything. Yes, I will hook it up and have it as a fully functioning external oil cooler, but I just really really wanted to see how it would look and I love it

shoutout to my view counter for being broken af and not changing

Comment

The path this thing is going sown is awesome. Maybe with the oil cooler some Honda CBX mirrors to mount on the fenders?
                    Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
                      As for this, I personally really like the wheels, but I'm not a big fan of the spacers either. I'll change it up eventually. Thinking either RPF1s, or Equip 01s
                      Would love to see some 17" Eurolines on this if you finish off your kit.

You can get a set for under a grand, just not super low offset.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

It's cool. I think its low enough. I'd like to see the "Diana" kit on it, but I want the bumpers to match. Either both unfinished or both body matched. Not sure why, but that is really bothering me... lol

You aren't having any Ball Joint or Control Arm issues with that much spacer?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Would love to see some 17" Eurolines on this if you finish off your kit.

You can get a set for under a grand, just not super low offset.
                          I don't know about 17s, that might be too big. 16s probably, 17s maybe

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
                          It's cool. I think its low enough. I'd like to see the "Diana" kit on it, but I want the bumpers to match. Either both unfinished or both body matched. Not sure why, but that is really bothering me... lol

You aren't having any Ball Joint or Control Arm issues with that much spacer?
                          Never heard of that kit... but the unpainted rear bumper is factory on most of these cars. Paint matching was an extra option. When I get the car repainted I'll get it done

And no, I haven't had any problem with the spacers at all. They're all hubcentric so I know that helps, but it rides like it did with no spacers and everything is golden

Comment

I got no updates really, but I got a new phone, some badass higher end headphones, and am gonna order skirts for this thing next week.

I removed the badge in the grill and took off the oil cooler cause I felt like a ricer. Also got a new passenger headlight assembly cause the old one was starting to fog

I also cant really safely go lower :/ I have just about an inch of clearance from my oil pan, and this is my only car... that, and the threaded ends on the coilovers are kinda seized from dirt and crap getting in the threads so I couldn't take it apart if I wanted to.

Don't know if I want to keep this or not. Thinking about getting a first gen Odyssey and having a slam van

Comment

I don't know if there are a lot of hills where you live, but a buddy of mine has one of these tercels and it's hilarious how much speed you lose going uphill, even at full throttle... Anyhow, as far as the rear camber, don't mk4 golfs have a rear axle beam? They use camber plates to get rear camber ( I think), so couldn't you do something like that in the rear? Also, in for the slamvan idea, I've seen a couple and they are awesome, just watch out for the transmissions on those Odyssey's, they are known for failure.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Haz.:R32 View Post
                                I don't know if there are a lot of hills where you live, but a buddy of mine has one of these tercels and it's hilarious how much speed you lose going uphill, even at full throttle... Anyhow, as far as the rear camber, don't mk4 golfs have a rear axle beam? They use camber plates to get rear camber ( I think), so couldn't you do something like that in the rear?
                                Oh man... it's so slow especially with the giant spacers I have on, I feel so sketchy going anything above like 65

As far as I know, there are only three ways to get rear camber on this car... bend the axle, cut and weld the axle, or get small camber shims that fit behind the hub. What camber plates are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X