Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the cleanest car in the whole Walmart parking lot

Comment

I like this a lot. May I dare mention fender flares to correct the broken fenders? I think it would great on these older toyotas.

Comment

Originally posted by _peitrus_ View Post
        I like this a lot. May I dare mention fender flares to correct the broken fenders? I think it would great on these older toyotas.
        I have a set of flares sitting at home... I'm not the biggest fan of flares honestly. I like clean body lines without rivets everywhere lmao. That being said, I do need to do something to fix or cover up that section. I might just pay a body shop to re-bondo it and smooth out the other fender and make everything look new again.

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
          I have a set of flares sitting at home... I'm not the biggest fan of flares honestly. I like clean body lines without rivets everywhere lmao. That being said, I do need to do something to fix or cover up that section. I might just pay a body shop to re-bondo it and smooth out the other fender and make everything look new again.
          Or you could glass over the rivets, panel bond them on and paint them body color. Rivetless flares used to be all the rage. That's how quite a few of the VIP guys in JDM land would do it a while back instead of molding it to the body or riveting. I personally like the way it looks compared to riveted or molded.

Here's an es300/windom from the early 2000's.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
            Or you could glass over the rivets, panel bond them on and paint them body color. Rivetless flares used to be all the rage. That's how quite a few of the VIP guys in JDM land would do it a while back instead of molding it to the body or riveting. I personally like the way it looks compared to riveted or molded.

Here's an es300/windom from the early 2000's.

Honestly I have no idea what I want to do, and I do not like making rushed decisions. It strangely doesn't bother me too much so I'll fix it eventually.

Little update though, I got a new rear bumper in because the old one looked like this all across and was frankly one of the eye-sores.

Threw it on in a little under an hour and a half.... turns out it was missing about half of the retainers and bolts it should have had, so its half way ziptied on haha. It holds good, the fitment is perfectly OE, and I love how it looks. At least a million times better than that multi-colored chipping piece of crap lmao. And no, I don't think I'm going to paint it... unpainted bumpers were factory for most Tercels, and only the optioned out models got color matched. I really really like how clean it looks now

I also ordered LED plate lights, backup lights, xenon headlights blah blah blah.

I'm starting to look at tint to... what % do you guys think would look best on it? Laws are no regulation on rear window (any % is legal), and all side windows are max 25%. No regulations on colors either.

Comment

What up, small update like always.

I took the lip off. It was starting to look like shit with it being broken in 5 different places and all. I might get another one later, but for now none is okay.

Also took care of that pesky faded/peeling roof problem. 2 cans of chalkboard paint later and I have a drawable roof. The roof is only 47" off the ground as it sits currently, so its low enough for most people to be able to write on without any problem. I gues we'll see how much of a success it really is at cars and coffee this weekend This pic is also right after I finished spraying, so it was not dry there

ONE more thing. I'm saving up for some new wheels. Slightly less aggressive than what they currently are so I can go lower, but I want some opinions... white or gold?

Comment

Dope Tercel bro. Odd builds are cool. Gold BBS Rs would be tits on this!
                IG: tonygqmoney

Comment

Originally posted by tonygqmoney View Post
                  Dope Tercel bro. Odd builds are cool. Gold BBS Rs would be tits on this!
                  While some RS' would be really nice and are still a possibility, I kinda want to find some weird obscure wheel to go with this weird car haha

Comment

O ya, I also got a color matched trunk lid spoiler lip thing. Its small, but adds a very nice touch and looks fantastic. Probably the best $30 part I've ever bought.

Comment

Oh man. I saw a red tercel (and have seen many other times now) that was super clean and had the BMW style body kit all-around. It inspired me that a Tercel could be a really cool commuter car build!

Now I'm really glad to see this. You seem to have good taste and I'm intrigued to see what you continue to do with it!
                      1992 Mercedes 190 E | 2002 DTM Inspired IS300 | IG @ DAAR_CREATIVE

Comment

This is cool!

While I love the current wheels, I definitely think some weird/ off the wall wheels would be cool.

My vote is find a good wheel importer and look around on yahoo.jp for some weird cheap wheels!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Looks sick with the spoiler!

- Renato
                          TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JDMexican View Post
                            Oh man. I saw a red tercel (and have seen many other times now) that was super clean and had the BMW style body kit all-around. It inspired me that a Tercel could be a really cool commuter car build!

Now I'm really glad to see this. You seem to have good taste and I'm intrigued to see what you continue to do with it!
                            Yeah, that's called the M3 kit... as far as I know, it's only for the coupes, but I would only want the side skirts for it anyway haha

I love that y'all love it makes me feel good

Comment

So people seemed to love my car at C&C this weekend. There was pretty much always a crowd around it, and this was the result I kinda left out the left rise of the roof in that pic cause that's where people liked to draw dicks apparently

I'm also not really happy with how the car is sitting.. the fitment is okay, but its still a monster truck. I would rather be hover craft fitment and 1" off the ground than flush like I am now and 3" up :/ I might go back to my stock steelies to get the ride height down, then find some wheels thatll work there.

Oh yeah, I was going to buy some 14" Toms Spirit C3s, but instead I bought the female a very nice necklace for her birthday instead... and then I broke up with her later that same day. Yayyyyyyyyy.... So, kinda in a lose lose situation. Oh well. Shit happens
                              Last edited by nishy; 05-09-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Looks like a small pull would allow you to go down quite a bit?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Working...
                                X