No announcement yet.

World's worst Tercel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chop the springs mate, she'll be right !! :')
    Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

Okay, so here's half of an update.

I've been super bummed about the car since the last update... I sold the wheels, put everything back to stock, cleaned out the car because I wanted to sell it.... but I'm going to keep it.

I started researching front lips that would work for Tercels because nobody makes a decent looking one I would have to source it from another car. Turns out a 90 CRX is only .4" wider than a Tercel so I bought a lip for that and I'm gonna try to make it work, that should come in next week.

I bought a set of K Sport Control Pro coilovers, have front camber adjustment, 32 way dampening adjustability, and look super cool with the anodized orange collars and top hats. I'm gonna try to install those this weekend and get rid of all of the wheel gap for now. Here's the only crappy phone pic I have now, but you get the idea. I'm sure all of you have seen coilovers before :P

Oh yeah.... and I dropped $200 on 2.3" and 2.75" fiberglass over fenders end goal is to hopefully run a 10" wide wheel in the back with 4-5" of dish. Give me suggestions for wheels!! Specs I'm probably looking at 14 or 15" 9-10 wide with a 4x100 PCD. Thougts now are Star Road Glow Stars, Equip 01s, or Rotiform USF's

Comment

I vote Techno Phantoms or SSR reverse mesh.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
          I vote Techno Phantoms or SSR reverse mesh.
          Yo, I'd love some Techno Phantoms, or ideally a set of Toscos, but 1. theyre rare and 2. I don't know if they ever made a 4x100 of either. I know the Toscos are all 4x114.3 and I will not deface them by getting a fill/redrill and I do not want to run adapters with wide wheels anyway... so unless I get hella lucky and find a set of old school 14s or 15s in 4x100 (which 99% are 4x114) I'm stuck to buying new

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
            Yo, I'd love some Techno Phantoms, or ideally a set of Toscos, but 1. theyre rare and 2. I don't know if they ever made a 4x100 of either. I know the Toscos are all 4x114.3 and I will not deface them by getting a fill/redrill and I do not want to run adapters with wide wheels anyway... so unless I get hella lucky and find a set of old school 14s or 15s in 4x100 (which 99% are 4x114) I'm stuck to buying new
            Completely missed the part where you said pcd 4x100

Phantom's were only 4x114.3 IIRC TRD reproduced the toscos back in the mid 80's in 4x100.

Maaaad rare though.

Wheels in the specs you want are super hard to come across. Check Japanese Yahoo auctions from time to time, or if you know someone out there ask them for a hookup.
            Last edited by rice4life; 02-20-2016, 02:42 PM. Reason: Too much booze last night I meant 4x114.3

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Yo yo update time

I got the CRX lip in, and turns out it was like 6" too wide for the tercel, so I whipped out my trusty hacksaw and zip tied it back together..... then zip tied it on to the bumper. Honestly, it looks a lot better than I though tit would.

Also installed the coilovers and drove home with -3 toe on both wheels.... drive that should have taken 45 minutes took 4 1/2 hours, and my front tires were 100% bald by the time I got home. Worst drive ever.

The guy who was going to buy my wheels backed out, so I'm keeping them. Slapped them on, maxed the camber on the fronts, and went way way down. Fronts need maybe 1/2" pull to fit perfect and rears need closer to 1".... I think I'll be able to do it though. Then I can lower the back another inch, and then I can level the fronts. Lip is about 1" off the ground currently and body is maybe 3". Maybe 2 1/2"

I apologize for the shitty cell phone pics. I might try to take some better ones after I get it sitting right

edit: after seeing these pictures on the computer screen, I have to say it looks pretty shitty. Way better and lower in person
              Last edited by nishy; 03-03-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Yo yo everybody, haven't changed anything yet, but I'm going to order two wheels to replace the rears on Friday. I really don't like how it sits with so much poke, and my efforts to pull the fenders have done little to remedy the situation. Gonna go with some 15x8 Apache 2's. Should be close to tucking rim, and they kinda match the Longchamps. So, once they come in I'm definitely going lower. At least an inch right off the bat.... I'm super excited

Pic for your time

Comment

Yassssssssssss...Do the old tercels have Multi Link rear suspension or? If so I'm sure you could probably find adjustable upper A arms or camber arms depending on the Alignement set up. Those coils must go lower than that right??? If so yank that lip off and get that thing body low and break the internet haha! With a light pull you could also make those front fenders fit without any issues. I don't know about the rear though.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                    Yassssssssssss...Do the old tercels have Multi Link rear suspension or? If so I'm sure you could probably find adjustable upper A arms or camber arms depending on the Alignement set up. Those coils must go lower than that right??? If so yank that lip off and get that thing body low and break the internet haha! With a light pull you could also make those front fenders fit without any issues. I don't know about the rear though.
                    The rear suspension pisses me off... beam axle and a panhard bar with a complete macpherson strut on each side. If I had multi link or IRS I would camber it and make them fit no problem, but i have nothing but a big ass bar and struts. All I've been able to do with it is add an adjustable whiteline panhard, but that just keeps everything in line.

And yeah, they can still go a lot lower, but the rears poke so much id literally be riding on tire. They're still being demolished haha. I really really **** the rear suspension on this thing and for that matter, all the front has is a lower control arm, the steering rack, and the struts. I have the camber plates on the front maxed out negative, but as you can see it's not very much still. I need more suspension components! haha

Comment

This is so sick! Love the look of those 3 spokes.

- Renato
                      TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                      sigpic

Comment

No updates, just found some pics of my car that someone took at cars and coffee

Comment

This thing is so cool!

- Renato
                          TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                          sigpic

Comment

These sexy guys came in the mail yesterday. Two Enkei Apache II's 15x8 +25 and two Toyo Proxy T1R 195/45s. Gonna put these on the rear to replace the advans because I **** poke. And I can go lower man how I wish I could camber the fuck out of it....

Also this guy parked next to me.... he's stock and almost twice as tall as I am hahaha. I love how tiny this car is... and this is the sedan version!

Comment

Ass go down yesterday. I got the tires mounted, and finally maxed out the rear coilovers... now when I say "max" I mean without removing collars or cutting springs lmao. The fitment is fucking perfect to me. Almost no rub, and tucks top of tire. Double stagger for the win! Just ignore the fucked up fender

Comment

A buddy of mine had a tercel in high school we had a lot of fun with that car haha... keep up the good work sorry to see what your buddy did to that rear fender >

Comment

Working...
                                X