Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: World's worst Tercel

Quote Originally Posted by nishy View Post
    cool

nishy is offline idk, I like Toyotas StanceWorks Visitor

See last page for big updates lol

I ordered an HKS Hi Power muffler. I am excited every review I've seen and every video I've watch sound really good.

Laguna Beach,CA Glendale, AZ Soon to be Boston

Are you doing a full exhaust from the header back or just having the muffler replaced? If I were you I would have 2 inch stainless pipe from the header back to that thing, keep a little back pressure while having good flow, these tercels have 2 liter motors in them right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Kid View Post
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Quote Originally Posted by 190Evan View Post
    Are you doing a full exhaust from the header back or just having the muffler replaced? If I were you I would have 2 inch stainless pipe from the header back to that thing, keep a little back pressure while having good flow, these tercels have 2 liter motors in them right?
    Just the muffler fow now. They barely have anything on the exhaust (just a small cat and the muffler) so I want to see how I like the sound before going to a full 2" no cat setup. If it's already real raspy, then I'll just get a resonator on there and call it a day.

I also fkn love these wheels and how it sits right now. They fit the car so well. It could be like 1/2 to 3/4" lower, but it still looks really good and tbh looks a lot lower in person. I'll be at import faceoff in Ennis, Tx on Sunday if anyone wants to see it and draw on my roof

Attached Images Attached Images

BozoBubble is offline Ride Height For What? StanceWorks Visitor

I have to agree with the treatment of the wheels-they fit the Tercel body style so perfectly. As far as the exhaust goes, my buddy had one of these on a 2.5" straight pipe with a resonator, sounded sweet but had some serious backflow issues. That car was so much fun because the exhaust was all that was done to it- otherwise, it was dead stock. People's reactions to that car were gold .

Small, but very nice. I picked up a $75 Mishimoto coolant reservoir. Fit in the stock location, and all I had to do was drill one hole for the bolt to mount it, and break off the lower plastic "shelf" that held the bottom of the stock one on the side of the fan shroud. It's underneath the new one though so you can't see it at all. I'm very very pleased with how it looks, and the quality of Mishimoto. It's a small change, but Definitely helps it look not as old.
    Ignore how dirty everything is. I didn't clean anything in the bay either before or after the install haha
    Before:

After:

I'll eventually get an all black or aluminum radiator and clean up more of the wires and all that, but I'm not in a rush lol.

I did also order a battery relocation kit so adios to that guy, going to be banished to the trunk.
    HKS muffler should be here tomorrow and I'm pumped for that

I don't really take many pics of my car anymore. I have yet to capture a single photo of how it actually looks irl, so I usually just get annoyed. Here's a decent one, still looks much better in person. Still a very fun to drive, fun to look at car. I **** how much I flip flop about my feelings for it haha

That's all for now
    Last edited by nishy; 05-15-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Me and my friend (@wilsonbr on instagram) went out to Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday and took some dope rolling shots of our cars. I absolutely love how they came out!

Then we went back to his place and put on some itty bitty mud flaps I got from Puerto Rico. They're a small detail, but really help square out the car and make it look as low as it actually is. The main problem with 90s Toyotas is that they're so rounded on the bottom, the edges are way higher than the center of the car. They really seem to complete the car. I got the muffler in the mail, so that'll go on in a week or so when I have time to go to a shop. Then I'm gonna reorder new badges for the trunk, and new door drip molding. Possibly looking for other wheels that might fill the horizontal gap these leave. It's only about 10 mmm or so, so it's not a huge deal.

This car looks familiar...

I have a fucking problem lmao. Picked up these equips for just over $600, but they're in dire need of a full refinish. Clear cost is peeling, lips are stained with some kind of spots, bolts are faded... but for that much of a deal I didn't want to pass them up.

After considering my adapters, the specs are 14x6.5 -13 for the front, and 14x7 -5 for the rear. About 2 5/8 and 3 1/4" lips respectively. Gonna run the same 155/55 tires... will be hella aggressive for a tercel but I'm excited. I've never polished a wheel from scratch before, anyone have tips or advice? I'm not in a rush, and I know it's a long process

Here's some potato pics I snapped with my phone yesterday cause I was just so excited. You can see the worst wheel is the one without a center cap

This is actually really cool for one of my least favourite body style of corolla, looking forworks to seeing it on equips!
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Ok ok ok, I'm a little bit of a bitch for posting before the wheels are on the car, but tires should be here tomorrow. Stretch the same size 155/55s

Here's why I'm so excited. Me and @wilsonbr color matched the lips with Toyota 6N7 factory paint, and the faces are the same metallic gold that my valve cover is. Way different than any set of 01s that I've ever seen, but they look so so good in person. I don't think pictures quite do it justice.

I also forgot to post a pic of the HKS on the car. It sounds amazing and isn't too loud at all. I'm super impressed. 10/10

Not entirely sold on the wheel paint. But i'll save my judgement for when they're actually mounted haha. Overall not a bad job!

Either body-color centers with polished lips or gold centers with polished lips. Grab your sandpaper and get to work!

Laguna Beach,CA Glendale, AZ Soon to be Boston

I for one like the body color lips with gold centers. Go for it and see how it looks. Polished lips and gold centers are used all of the time and it would be something new and IMO awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Kid View Post
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Do y'al like to be teased?

I'm very very happy

Nice progress.

i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by 190Evan View Post
    I for one like the body color lips with gold centers. Go for it and see how it looks. Polished lips and gold centers are used all of the time and it would be something new and IMO awesome.
    I'm with you, I think it looks awesome.
    Instagram @benseifert666
    #shitboxcolt build thread revival coming soon

Just a couple quick phone pics from car wash on Friday night. Hopefully not gonna have this car too much longer. I miss having a big car that I feel safe in and plus big bodies are the best. Thinking about getting another LS400 like I used to have... Anyway, all stickers are removed now as an attempt to hopefully keep any temptations of more mods at bay.

This was my old LS

-edited out goodbye post-

Last edited by nishy; 09-13-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Lmao only a month and a half and what a fuckin twist. Keeping the car for the forseeable future. I just can't get over how insanely good it is at just being a car and having such good fuel economy.

So... sold the equips. I think that me rubbing constantly on tire legitimately burned me out on this car for a while. Picked up this set of nice 14" SSR Formula Mesh that fit so perfect and don't ever rub and look amazing I love them so much <3

And then I got tired of the bright silver lug nuts real quick so I got a set of Greddy nuts

Aaaaaaand then the biggest change in a while, fender mirrors I love them but they definitely take a while to get used to and are pretty polarizing for most people. Either love them or **** them.

One last surprise... I'm starting to piece together a turbo system I have a Garrett T25 from a CA18DET on the way to me, and I've just been mostly planning and slowly buying once I'm sure of what I need. What an adventure!

Did a battery relocation for the first time over the weekend. Actually seems to work perfectly and I'm super happy with the results. Ran the cable down the passenger side kick panel so that you can't see it, through the firewall grommet, behind the engine, and into this nifty fuse block thing I got off of amazon. Made the job 1000% easier for sure. Hot cable goes in the top, starter and alternator cable go in the bottom. Stick a couple maxi amp fuses in and you're ready to roll

Itty bitty T25 <3

Basically like this I think

Found a manifold that'll work perfectly..... it's from New Zealand... and $425. FML hahaha, so I'll have to order it in 2 weeks when I have money :/ But it is a perfect 4EFTE T25 bolt on solution for me, and that's probably cheaper than having a manifold fully custom made, and more compact and clean than having to run a CT9 to T25 adapter because most of the manis are for the obvious turbo choice, a toyota ct9. That's also the oil feed line I have sitting on top. -4AN adapter fitting in the turbo, braided SS line to another AN adapter that goes into the tee fitting for my oil pressure sensor. I think it works out pretty clean Coolant lines I'm just going to reroute the coolant lines that go to the throttle body. I don't think that'll be a real big issue at all. I just have the feed to figure out which won't be hard because I have a spare oil pan for stance reasons so i can play around with a -8 or -10 AN fitting.

Apart from the plumbing, I need to get some NA 7MGE 300cc injectors, a rising FPR probably aeromotive unless someone has another suggestion, and looking at a TiAL Q BOV cause that sound is just... mmm.

Anyone see any glaring issues with the setup I'm planning? I'm a real big turbo noob having never turbod an NA car from scratch so I'm sure there's a lot I can learn. I'm well aware that a standalone or piggyback is ideal, but that's not really realistic for me right now. I'm only going to be running 6-7 PSI and I know the stock ECU can handle that with the fuel upgrades I listed. Piggybacks don't work on this engine for timing because of the ignition... 2 COPs and 2 wires. I don't have the money or knowledge or resources (ie: computer) to run a standalone. In the future when I get to swap internals for forged so I can turb the boost way up, then I will go standalone but it's just not reasonable for me right now like I said.