World's worst Tercel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New page, new wheels, you already know how it is

Sorry for not updating for a fuckin minute, bought some 18x9 Garson Ryugis cause I was planning on getting a big sedan again. Then I sold them as I do. Also sold the SSRs so now I don't have any spare wheels save the two 15x7 Manarays from a while back

Thennnnnnnnnn I bought one single 15x5.5 PIAA Jewel Heart to carry as a spare since I don't have a spare. I don't have a pic of it for some reason, but this is it

Then I bought a rope of LEDs and a controller and I lined my cabin with them. They strobe, they chase, they have 16 different colors, they'll make you breakfast the morning after... I love them so much
    I can't post videos directly and I don't wanna load them to youtube, so heres some links I posted on instagram of them going

Video 1
    Video 2
    Video 3

I saved the best part for last. Just put in the order today for a set of 13x5 TryForce Zelda Mini wheels. Yes, you read correctly. 13x5. Even the Zelda decal on the spoke has "MINI" under it
    Triple PCD drilled for 4x100, 4x110, and 4x114.3. All I;m gonna do for now is sand down the lips to get rid of the oxidation and I can get a brushed type finish, then slap on some 175/60s and run them! I'm so so so super excited to own something so stupidly rare

Other than that, car is exactly the same. I still have the turbo sitting around not doing much. I started building a gaming PC too so that's taking a bunch of money :/

man... I need some confetti recaros
    Last edited by nishy; 12-01-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I know nobody cares about this thread anymore but I'm gonna keep updating for the sake of a personal archive.

So, got the wheels in, as you could tell from the previous pics and these first pics they were not in great finish shape. Lips suuuuper oxidized.

Cool two piece Rays valve stems

Then the fun started. Went with 80 grit and a ton of elbow grease cause I don't have a power sander. All together spent about 8 or 9 hours just sanding the lips :/
      But, first pass at 80

Then another 2 passes at 80 vs old

Took a jump up to 320, did 4 or 5 passes until it looked a lot smoother. Gonna stay on 320 grit cause I like how coarse it looks while also looking smooth-ish
      Then did the second wheel

Fast forward a bunch more hours and I'm done All 4 have almost the exact same level of brish, the lighting just looks a little weird on the back ones cause I had a single overhead light on.

Long story short, I could not be happier. They are so so beautiful and perfect and I'm just in love. Gonna order tires in T minus 3 days then I'll post more pics with them on

Comment

• Yo, I **** Fedex a lot rn. I ordered tires, they were supposed to show up on 12/16. Three of them showed up on 12/16... one still MIA. I've emailed them several times and been completely cooperative and they refuse to even attempt looking for the lost tire that somehow disappeared between fedex locations. Got back in contact with the seller (simpltire.com) and they're sending me another one at no cost. HOPEFULLY here monday or tuesday but with my luck I have no idea

Here's what they'll look like though on the 175/60r13s. God I'm ready to get them on

Also got bored and decided that since I had some extra room in my engine bay with the battery moved, that I should make a new intake. So I did.
        New:

Old:

If you're curious about the rest of the car... nothing has changed. Been rolling like this for a month or two since I sold the SSRs. Very much not low, but the mirrors still make people look every now and then lol

Comment

• Comment

• yooooo those tails actually look pretty dope lol.
            And the wheels will look sick on that car! 13's are so tiny haha

I remember when I was polishing the lips on my old wheels.
            never again.

Looking good!
            Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
            The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
            it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
            My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
            My FC3S RX-7 Build

Comment

• Wheels are on finally! Take these pictures and rub them all over your eyeballs
              Got a 15mm spacer on the back, and a 50mm on the front. Dont rub at all

Comment

• Thread is kinda dead partly cause this car is a rolling dumpster, partly because its not an e36 thats been done a billion and a half times.

Last edited by nishy; 10-09-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• this are ugly rims

the previous set was much better

following this turdy thing

Comment

• yoo those zelda's look so cool on the tercel!

Comment

• This is my 2WD '86 tercel, cut springs in the front, and 15 inch pawn shop wheels. Interior is close to perfect, and exterior is quite clean too. The yakima made the biggest difference in looks. I dont see very many lowered older tercel wagons, so let me know what you guys think!IMG_3136.jpg
                      1986 Toyota Tercel
                      1979 Fiat 124 Spider
                      1981 Fiat 124 Spider

17 Year Old Automotive Engineer

Comment

• Those Zeldas look weird and amazing. All of your choices are a little off-trend for the states, but I for one am so down for all these mods you're doing. It sort of has a true JDM vibe going on. It seems like if you had a better camera everyone would be all over this. Tiny wheel gang!

Comment

Working...
                        X