No announcement yet.

World's worst Tercel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok ok ok, I'm a little bit of a bitch for posting before the wheels are on the car, but tires should be here tomorrow. Stretch the same size 155/55s

Here's why I'm so excited. Me and @wilsonbr color matched the lips with Toyota 6N7 factory paint, and the faces are the same metallic gold that my valve cover is. Way different than any set of 01s that I've ever seen, but they look so so good in person. I don't think pictures quite do it justice.

I also forgot to post a pic of the HKS on the car. It sounds amazing and isn't too loud at all. I'm super impressed. 10/10

Comment

• Not entirely sold on the wheel paint. But i'll save my judgement for when they're actually mounted haha. Overall not a bad job!

Comment

• Either body-color centers with polished lips or gold centers with polished lips. Grab your sandpaper and get to work!

Comment

• I for one like the body color lips with gold centers. Go for it and see how it looks. Polished lips and gold centers are used all of the time and it would be something new and IMO awesome.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
          I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Do y'al like to be teased?

Comment

• I'm very very happy

Comment

• Nice progress.

Comment

• i like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
                    I for one like the body color lips with gold centers. Go for it and see how it looks. Polished lips and gold centers are used all of the time and it would be something new and IMO awesome.
                    I'm with you, I think it looks awesome.
                    Instagram @benseifert666
                    #shitboxcolt build thread revival coming soon

Comment

• Just a couple quick phone pics from car wash on Friday night. Hopefully not gonna have this car too much longer. I miss having a big car that I feel safe in and plus big bodies are the best. Thinking about getting another LS400 like I used to have... Anyway, all stickers are removed now as an attempt to hopefully keep any temptations of more mods at bay.

This was my old LS

Comment

• -edited out goodbye post-

Last edited by nishy; 09-13-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Lmao only a month and a half and what a fuckin twist. Keeping the car for the forseeable future. I just can't get over how insanely good it is at just being a car and having such good fuel economy.

So... sold the equips. I think that me rubbing constantly on tire legitimately burned me out on this car for a while. Picked up this set of nice 14" SSR Formula Mesh that fit so perfect and don't ever rub and look amazing I love them so much <3

And then I got tired of the bright silver lug nuts real quick so I got a set of Greddy nuts

Aaaaaaand then the biggest change in a while, fender mirrors I love them but they definitely take a while to get used to and are pretty polarizing for most people. Either love them or **** them.

One last surprise... I'm starting to piece together a turbo system I have a Garrett T25 from a CA18DET on the way to me, and I've just been mostly planning and slowly buying once I'm sure of what I need. What an adventure!

Comment

• Did a battery relocation for the first time over the weekend. Actually seems to work perfectly and I'm super happy with the results. Ran the cable down the passenger side kick panel so that you can't see it, through the firewall grommet, behind the engine, and into this nifty fuse block thing I got off of amazon. Made the job 1000% easier for sure. Hot cable goes in the top, starter and alternator cable go in the bottom. Stick a couple maxi amp fuses in and you're ready to roll

Comment

• Itty bitty T25 <3

Basically like this I think

Comment

• Found a manifold that'll work perfectly..... it's from New Zealand... and $425. FML hahaha, so I'll have to order it in 2 weeks when I have money :/ But it is a perfect 4EFTE T25 bolt on solution for me, and that's probably cheaper than having a manifold fully custom made, and more compact and clean than having to run a CT9 to T25 adapter because most of the manis are for the obvious turbo choice, a toyota ct9. That's also the oil feed line I have sitting on top. -4AN adapter fitting in the turbo, braided SS line to another AN adapter that goes into the tee fitting for my oil pressure sensor. I think it works out pretty clean Coolant lines I'm just going to reroute the coolant lines that go to the throttle body. I don't think that'll be a real big issue at all. I just have the feed to figure out which won't be hard because I have a spare oil pan for stance reasons so i can play around with a -8 or -10 AN fitting.

Apart from the plumbing, I need to get some NA 7MGE 300cc injectors, a rising FPR probably aeromotive unless someone has another suggestion, and looking at a TiAL Q BOV cause that sound is just... mmm.

Anyone see any glaring issues with the setup I'm planning? I'm a real big turbo noob having never turbod an NA car from scratch so I'm sure there's a lot I can learn. I'm well aware that a standalone or piggyback is ideal, but that's not really realistic for me right now. I'm only going to be running 6-7 PSI and I know the stock ECU can handle that with the fuel upgrades I listed. Piggybacks don't work on this engine for timing because of the ignition... 2 COPs and 2 wires. I don't have the money or knowledge or resources (ie: computer) to run a standalone. In the future when I get to swap internals for forged so I can turb the boost way up, then I will go standalone but it's just not reasonable for me right now like I said.

Comment

Working...
                                X