World's worst Tercel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's worst Tercel

What's up guys, been a lurker on here forever, but decided to make an account so I could make this thread to keep track of where my car goes. This is gonna be a slow build...

A little back story, mid January 2015 I picked up a clean 1989 LS400... but the thread is not about that car... here is it anyway so you can get an idea of my kind of style. This is my stupid low, static, daily driven LS

Sadly on November 6th, a lady in a Jeep ran a stop sign, t-boned me, and totaled the car. I drove a rental fiesta around for almost a month, and in the beginning of December I picked up this nice 95 Tercel for $1500 on craigslist.
    For the first week I had it, I changed the brakes, got new ignition wires and coils, new spark plugs, new O2 sensors, new EGR valve, I upgraded the vacuum lines from 7/64th to 5/32nd, and I ordered all new motor mounts. That pretty much takes care of any running problems it had so I can move on to the fun stuff

also, my paint almost exactly matches the catfish haha

About a week after getting it running perfectly, I found a nice pair of 14x6 A3A's in Japan for cheap, so I picked them up... and a couple days after that I found a pair of 14x6.5 Longchamps from the same place and grabbed those too. Gonna be running different wheels for a while until I can find a full set of something haha

this was after I cleaned them up a bit and removed most of the rust and corrosion

and heres the first test fit of the Advans. I have to run a 25 mm adapter because my car is 4x100 and the wheels are 4x114.3...

Plans: pick up a set of Largus coilovers. That is what I had on my LS and I was extremely happy with them. Thinking about a pair of Bride Brix or something similar. Maybe a roof rack or basket... the roof clear coat is coming off and it looks like crap so I'd like to cover it somehow. What do you guys think so far? I need you to be patient with me as money is not a luxury I have much of
    Last edited by nishy; 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM.

I think this is rad I've always wanted to see someone stance out a tercel

Comment

I know someone selling a pair of longchamps if you're interested

Comment

This is gonna be so good

Comment

In, love something original 👍🏽

Comment

Already love this thing! BTW, I am so jealous of the advans! What kind of adapters are you going to run?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro'z View Post
              Already love this thing! BTW, I am so jealous of the advans! What kind of adapters are you going to run?
              Thanks for the kind words everyone, I hope I'm gonna be able to do this car justice!

I forgot the brand I have now... picked them up around christmas on sale for like $75 on amazon lol

Comment

This is cool, I'm sure you've seen Garlido on Instagram's earlier gen wagon?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                  This is cool, I'm sure you've seen Garlido on Instagram's earlier gen wagon?
                  I have, yes.

I don't know if you would consider this an update, so I'll just call it an "update". Test fit the Longchamps after I got my huge hub rings in from Lithuania.... 54.1 to 71.6 geez

Also, gonna try to order coilovers Friday

Comment

That's gonna look pretty cool!

- Renato
                    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm in for this.

Comment

Update: ordered tires, adjustable panhard bar, and some coilover sleeves this morning. Gonna use the sleeves as a temp thing to figure out the suspension setup I'm going to need with coilovers. Has anyone here messed with adjustable panhards before? Cause I haven't

Comment

Disappointing update time.

Got 165/55 Achilles tires on the wheels, got em mounted and everything

Got the Whiteline panhard installed, went to install the sleeves and that's where disappointment happened....front is all the way down, lowered about 2" (advert said 3), rear I can go a lot lower on, but I have to figure out some way to add camber...that's where I need your help because I've never messed with a solid axle on a FF car before. What is the best/easiest way to add negative camber to this? I need to bring the top of the wheel in about 3/4" before I can get rid of all of the wheel gap... it's already hitting the rear tires on big bumps because blown struts.

I'm gonna try to find some real coilovers next payday. I should have waited in the first place... major disappointment on my end

OOH YEAH, and one of my friends went "yeah man I can totally cut off and flatten the inside of the fender so you dont have to roll" AND THEN DID THIS. So I have to figure out how I'm gonna straighten the fender and fix the broken bondo... :'(

Comment

Just got a '94. bout to pick up some new rims as well. props!

Comment

Originally posted by nishy View Post
                              Disappointing update time.
                              OOH YEAH, and one of my friends went "yeah man I can totally cut off and flatten the inside of the fender so you dont have to roll" AND THEN DID THIS. So I have to figure out how I'm gonna straighten the fender and fix the broken bondo... :'(

that's not a friend, don't be friends with that kind of person.
                              Canadian eh,

Comment

Working...
                              X