CRZ and offset with widened fenders/over fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRZ and offset with widened fenders/over fenders

So, it was easy to modify my S2000s because the community has been around for awhile but the CRZ is another story. I need help trying to figure out what offset I can use for stancing my car if I put an extra 20 mm to the fenders. The OEM offsets are +45 mm on 16x6 (upgraded wheels are 17x6.5 with the same offset).

I'm running my rims from my S2000s, which are completely wrong for the car:
    FR 17X7.5 +48 (+3 mm spacer), BFG KDW 205/17/40
    R 17X8.5 +54 with extended studs, BFG Sport Comp 2 255/17/45

I don't want to mess with my fenders too much, if possible. I am lowered about 2 inches on Buddy Club N+s but want to raise the car about an inch. I also have a Buddy Club BBK in the front.

I'm looking for a flush look without a lot of negative camber (if any). I keep hearing I need to use 18s for it to look right. I found some rims that are:
    18x9.5 +22
    With tires 205/40 (2) 205/35 (2)

I was wondering if they would be what I'm looking for. Thank you all for your expertise.

What do you mean putting an extra 20mm in the fenders?

Fronts probably won't work.. Rears will be aggressive but can fit with fender work

But that setup is 4 inches more aggressive than stock all around, so really pokey regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by staystetti View Post
      What do you mean putting an extra 20mm in the fenders?

Fronts probably won't work.. Rears will be aggressive but can fit with fender work

But that setup is 4 inches more aggressive than stock all around, so really pokey regardless.
      I ordered a kit that replaces the front fenders with something 20 mm wider (this would eliminate any liners in the front). The back is more of a flare from what I see that adds on 20 mm.

Comment

Sounds like you have a good plan. All I'd recommend is make sure you roll your fenders pretty good and maybe pull them a bit. 18s are a good choice because they will actually raise your car a bit, and once you lower the car it'll look stanced without having to scrape and drag frame everywhere.
        Here's a picture of your 16x6 +45 wheels (yellow) and your new 18x9.5 +22 (Green).
        Use www.willtheyfit.com to see how far your wheels would stick out, and do some measurements on your car. It sure looks like a good set up though. Keep us updated and post some pics when you get wheels.
        Road to a Stanced Civic (My Build Thread)

Comment

Working...
        X