Wide body, 3 piece rpf1's Mk4 Golf build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by austin2112 View Post
    I cant fucking believe you're the guy that made my camber shims. And this is borderline local to me. This is the craziest thing i've ever seen holy shit.
    haha! hey man! I'm sending shims all over the world brooo!! Windsor to Atlanta! No but seriously. You still have your golf or you end up selling it?

Comment

finished a prototype for the speaker grill today, and picked out some fabric colours and styles.

I'm still looking for some faux suede in grey but can't track any down. I'm gonna have to pick something and go with it. I'm trying to make my deadlines I've put for myself.
      Here's my best version of the access door grill border. I recessed it and it looked better. I'll probably do a carbon fiber wrap on it with actual carbon with some nice screws and formed grill will make a nice accent to the trunk!

Comment

Sick build! Love all the high quality craftsmanship, keep up the good work!
        Check me out on Facebook: Undr8d Empire: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

Check me out on Instagram
        : @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet #Project333ti by @castromotorsport @kingsautobodyshop @excel_motorsports @bimmerheads @mateomotorsports - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1493600

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          Sick build! Love all the high quality craftsmanship, keep up the good work!
          thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by filtersweeper View Post
            I ran 3 12"s off it and it just pounded! Had it for years, super reliable. 1000 watts. I just ordered one of the two JL 8W7's so I can begin sizing up the box.
            Put the other wheel on and hooked the battery up quick to see what it would look like aired out. It's wide! But at least I can see where the fenders will need to be. Things are deffo moving forward!
            Holy shit.. Easily one of my favorite builds on here. Can't wait to see the outcome!
            My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

You are crazy man o.O

Comment

Originally posted by TerenceJCruz View Post
                Holy shit.. Easily one of my favorite builds on here. Can't wait to see the outcome!
                Thanks man! I'm working everyday on it. Spring is my goal. Still have cage/roll bar, seats, and engine bay to complete

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/filtersweeper/ for instant updates or to see other projects

Small update: made up some good access panels and made a step into the side panels so these access doors would sit in about 3/8". These border things will be held in with small rare earth magnets so they will come off easily and quickly to change bulbs or trouble shoot compressor or management. You can actually get a hand in there pretty easily. I will probably paint these little things black for now until I can get some carbon fiber and wrap them up nice.

Pic of compressor and management near bulbs

Pic with door on

and with door off showing my hand as a scale to see how big it is.
                  Last edited by filtersweeper; 01-01-2016, 02:40 AM. Reason: added message content

Comment

Good stuff man!
                    Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Raarasutra View Post
                      Good stuff man!
                      Merci!

Comment

Love it!!!

Comment

Wide body, 3 piece rpf1's Mk4 Golf build

Man this is really impressive your machine work is superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                          and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                          S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
                            Man this is really impressive you machine work is superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Thanks dog! I have lots to learn still. Everyday I learn something new from someone

Comment

This is looking very impressive so far dude.

Subscribed!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                              Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisTouring View Post
                                This is looking very impressive so far dude.

Subscribed!
                                Thanks for the positive words dude!
                                So tonight I worked on the logo center piece to occupy the big empty spot that initially was for a single sub. This fills it better symmetrically and ties in the custom wheels/center caps with the theme of the car jbMAF (jbos machining and fabrication! ME haha) soooo..
                                I'm not sure if the different borders will be wrapped with fabric or painted, or carbon fiber covered. I was quoted from some girl in town that wraps stuff in real carbon and to do just the 2 access door frames she wanted 300$!! So I'm like I'll just buy supplies and figure it out. For that much I'll probably be able to do alot, plus it's something I want to get into: the vacuum infusion stuff. I'm going to put the mandatory LED light show inside obvi so I found this little strip and it looked kinda cool! Tomorrow I'm looking for more fabric samples to try before I start wrapping. The air part of my trunk build is coming close the being finished! I gave myself till monday to complete so I made good progress.

And here's a funny bash bash I made up quick using a roll-cage building technique I saw on youtube. Made things really easy so I believe when the cage time comes it will be a breeze. Bash bar is for a 03 subaru I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X