Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old School Japanese Wheels/Meshes for 5x114.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Japanese Wheels/Meshes for 5x114.3?

Hey guys, here's my dilemma:

I've been looking into a build inspired by the Shakotan look that was popular in Japan back in the 80s/90s, but I want to apply it to my AMC Pacer. Most of the wheels that are in the style I'm looking for, however, seem to be a 4x100 bolt pattern.

As far as Google tells me, there doesn't seem to be a cost effective way to adapt a 4x100 wheel to a five-lug application. If any of you know of a relatively cheap way of doing it, however, I'm very open to ideas.

So, with no other options, I need to find some vintage-looking Japanese rims that are adaptable to a 5x114.3 application. Would be really preferable if they were available used, and I am not necessarily looking for name brand. Any ideas?
    sigpic

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
    Hey guys, here's my dilemma:

I've been looking into a build inspired by the Shakotan look that was popular in Japan back in the 80s/90s, but I want to apply it to my AMC Pacer. Most of the wheels that are in the style I'm looking for, however, seem to be a 4x100 bolt pattern.

As far as Google tells me, there doesn't seem to be a cost effective way to adapt a 4x100 wheel to a five-lug application. If any of you know of a relatively cheap way of doing it, however, I'm very open to ideas.

So, with no other options, I need to find some vintage-looking Japanese rims that are adaptable to a 5x114.3 application. Would be really preferable if they were available used, and I am not necessarily looking for name brand. Any ideas?
    I know the AME Mesh wheels came in 5x114.3 in wide sizes. I've got a set in 15x10.

Have you looked into widening a set of mesh wheels? I know that's gotten fairly simple to do.

Comment

Have you looked into widening a set of mesh wheels? I know that's gotten fairly simple to do.

Comment

SSR formula/reverse mesh come in 5x114.3 as do quite a few of the old style wheels, like Starsharks, Equips, MK1's etc. You've just got to search for them on Yahoo Auctions....they're harder to find and will cost a little more for the unsual ones, but they're there.

Comment

You could potentially custom fit different hubs

Comment

get the hubs redrilled, its not too bad of a cost

Comment

Working...
            X