W115 Rear Spring removal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W115 Rear Spring removal??

Okay guys. I got my front springs cut and installed on my 1972 mercedes 220d.. Now; how in the hell do i get the rear springs out? I have regular spring compressors but they aren't much help.. anyone know how? I haven't had much luck on researching how. I want to get my mercedes movable again lol. Thanks for the help. And I'd like to do this w/o getting "mercedes" spring compressors..
    1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
    1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (traded)
    1983 Porsche 944
    1988 Dodge Omni

are you just trying to cut them? why not just cut them on the car?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanByrneJ07 View Post
      are you just trying to cut them? why not just cut them on the car?
      Tried that but only want to cut 2 coils . Best I can cut on the rear is 3.5.. which is way too much
      1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
      1983 Porsche 944
      1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

im doing my 114 this weekend. was just going to drop the bottom and cut 3 coils.
        we done a mates by leaving the springs in but yeh we cut a good 3.5 coils out of his and it scraped fuel tank at the rear...

Comment

I had the exact same problem on the weekend Pyramid. Cant get standard compressors on the rear springs and couldn't fit the grinder to only cut 2.5 coils. might try and use a oxy... or i will have to buy the proper Mercedes spring compressor.

Comment

I had the exact same problem on the weekend Pyramid. Cant get standard compressors on the rear springs and couldn't fit the grinder to only cut 2.5 coils. might try and use a oxy... or i will have to buy the proper Mercedes spring compressor.
            I tried using a sawzall and regular spring compressors and no luck. I have my eye on this 74' 280c, So buying merc compressors might be a decent investment, also have a 190e...
            1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
            1983 Porsche 944
            1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

I tried using a sawzall and regular spring compressors and no luck. I have my eye on this 74' 280c, So buying merc compressors might be a decent investment, also have a 190e...
              1993 Mazda MX6 LS (Sold)
              1983 Porsche 944
              1988 Dodge Omni

Comment

yes,buying merc compressors might be a decent investment, also have a 190e..

Comment

don't bother, take the bolt from the inner of the arm and push down, spring will pop out. Front, drop sway bar ends and the bolts either end of the wishbone. quicker than compressors and way less messing around
                  '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Till Death View Post
                    don't bother, take the bolt from the inner of the arm and push down, spring will pop out. Front, drop sway bar ends and the bolts either end of the wishbone. quicker than compressors and way less messing around

got the rears done with a grinder while they were still in the car.
                    doing fronts this week. cheers for the tips.

Comment

Working...
                    X