selling wheels online and paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling wheels online and paypal

zoo, if this is the incorrect forum, i apologize. please move to where you deem appropriate if need be.

i need to sell some of my wheel stash. i've never sold items online before, just bought stuff.

i've read some stories on this and other forums about guys getting screwed w/ paypal. buyers saying they never got the wheels and getting the money back through paypal - things like that.

i know of protections for buyers on paypal, but what kind of protection does paypal offer the seller? are there any advantages to getting payment as a gift as opposed to the regular way? any other caveats i need to be aware of? tips and/or experiences are greatly appreciated.

WTB - BBS RS 020, 025, 026, 027, 177, 178, 190, or 191

I think this could go under Support/Suggestions but its ok here as well.

Most of the time, noting like you describe happens. The buyer gets his package and that is the end.
    Make sure you provide a tracking number and the package is insured and requires the buyer to sign.
    If they buyer pays as gift, he forfeits any purchase protection. Some sellers will request gift, and offer a discount to the buyer.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Pack them very well, insure them for the full selling price, and enter the tracking information in Paypal. Unlike Zoo, I rarely require a signature for delivery; it depends on the buyer's location. I make my best judgement after scoping it out on Google maps and street view.

The seller is protected by showing proof of shipping. If something happens during shipping (lost, damaged, undelivered), it's usually the recipient that's required to follow up on it.

As a buyer, I will never pay for something as a gift. Doing so gives me no protection. As a seller, I never request it because it can scare people away.

Most importantly, be honest, and make your ad completely accurate. List every little detail and imperfection. If the buyer receives exactly what they expect, you shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

Agree with the stated above, solid advice.
        I use FedEx to ship; there is no extra charge for signature.

Also, if you end up posting several(lets say 3+) sets of wheels in the same PCD, please post them into a single thread.
        Some choose to ignore that guideline. Looking at you edmorl, Jordan_inc, makukha and others
        Last edited by zoo; 12-17-2015, 09:11 AM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Working...
        X