Alfa 75 1,8 Imola Turbo #becauseracecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa 75 1,8 Imola Turbo #becauseracecar

Have been around the forums for quite some time, have 2 dutch threads for both my Alfa's (I live in holland), but never bothered to do an international one.
    Because there can never be to much Alfa content, I thought you guys might like it if I show you some pictures and a bit of story about a car that has almost taken over my life

We go back almost 8 years,at the time I drove my first car; an Alfa 33. Great car, but being wrong wheel drive, slow and rusty, I decided that I wanted an alfa 75 (for the Americans known as "Milano"), the last "real" Alfa, because it was the last one have the classic transaxle layout, engine in the front, gearbox in the rear, and rearwheel drive (well duh...)

The car was almost completely stock, the only mods were a set of 16x7,5 borbet type A's and some lowering spings in the rear,the front end having torsionbars adjusted.

The first 2,5 years I owned the car, I used it as my daily driver, driving it for about 50k km's.
    By then the original N/A 1,8 engine was getting more and more tired, drinking almost as much oil as it did petrol

In the time from buying the car to that point I had already modified quite some stuff. Converted the car from stock 4 lug to 5 lug from a V6, put on bigger brakes and got some better suspention parts, all to prepare the car for a better and more powerfull engine.
    I didn't say bigger, because the displacement hasn't changed even 1cc. I just bought an original 1,8 turbo engine and did a complete overhaul. Down to new pistons and liners (which were damn expensive )

I won't bother you guys with a lot of pictures of the overhaul, nor the pictures of all my fiddling on the car.
    I will show you what the car looks like now. If there is any interest for more pictures of anything; just ask. I have a big archive of everything

This is how the car stands today. Full coilover suspention, original evoluzione (DTM) bodykit, IMSA rear wing, 200hp/320Nm turbo engine, Sparco bucketseat w. and a 6 point racing harness.
    The only thing missing to go to competition racing instead of trackdays, is a rollcage, which will probably come next winter (2016/2017)
    Last edited by loekaaz; 12-09-2015, 04:19 AM.

Alfa 75 1,8 Imola Turbo #BecauseRacecar
    Audi A4 B6 Avant 1,8t quattro S-Line #Bagged
    Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Love those Alfas, classic.

- Renato
    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
    sigpic

Comment

Woo! More Alfa's making a show!

I had the evo kit once for mine, but plans changed and glass never lasts with low ride heights in Australia.

Beautiful car. Post more pictures!
      My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Looks sick! Looking forward to seeing more!
        89 Carb'd-Turbo Golf Cabrio

Comment

Definitely need to post more pictures of this beauty!!
          WORLD'S GREATEST MOM
          Instagram: DoranPayment

Comment

More pictures please please please

Comment

You are my hero!!! Those OZ Superleggera's just ooooooooooozzzzzzzzzz cool. Great car man I am really inspired by your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                More pictures please please please
                nooo don't do it, just search on google for pictures of rust then you seen it all
                Facebook Sander Zuurbier
                Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

Love these cars.. Definitely interested in that archive..

Comment

Neat, next time you'll need an overhaul, come to me (ik werk bij een groot revisiebedrijf in NH).
                    Old project: Suzuki Swift mk1 GTi carbs '86
                    New Project: Porsche 944 S '87
                    Follow me: Whiteknuckleride
                    My band on Spotify: Edison Road

Comment

Well,you guys wanted more pictures from the archive,i'll deliver.
                      The stock 1,8ie engine started drinking more and more oil,so i bought a turbo engine.

Cleaned it up a bit,and then put it in the motor mount.

Started taking it completely apart.

Witch left me with a completely empty engine block.

After some measurements i orderd well over €1k in parts,including original pistons and liners,a complete gasket set,timing chains and ofcourse all new bearings.

Painted the valve cover.

Took apart the head.

Had it cleaned an machined.

Did the valves myself.

Put on new seals.

And then put in all the valves,the camshafts and the chain tensioner.

I had the engine block cleaned by a workshop,and afer that,started installing parts.
                      Timing chain.

Pistons,liners,crankshaft and front timing chain cover.

After that i installed the head,and put on the valve cover for shits and giggles

New gasket and a last look at the bottom end.

And a nice and cleaned sump.

After that,i started installing installing a lot of ancilleries.

When the engine was complete,i started taking out the original engine,swapped out the wiring harnes,and then put the turbo engine in the car.

Finished the complete swap.

First startup:
                      Youtube Link

Hope you guys liked it

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

my first car was an 87 milano, here in the states with the 2.5L V6. It was a blast to drive but the timing belt snapped after i'd put only about 1000 miles on it and i moved on at that point... i miss it. yours is awesome!
                        HAI GUISE

Comment

After i drove over 1000km with the engine to break it in,i put in a modified chip,a dumpvalve,and a buddy of mine made a nice little movie.

Turbo Benzina - The 75 from MotorsportMediaNL on Vimeo.

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

The car looks very nice.

Comment

Lets get this thread up to speed.
                              I decided to remove the remains of the towbar.
                              When i used the car mainly on the street,it was a cheap reinforcement for the rear in case of an accident.
                              Now that i want to go down the racecar road,it was unneeded weight.
                              As i removed the bar in the trunk,i found some rust,wich isn't strange in a 24 year old alfa,but it sure sucks

Thank god i'm not afraid of a welding job,as you might have seen in my buddy loekaaz's thread: Zhe Gestapo Cruiser

So,took out the angle grinder,and cut out all the shit.

And put in some fresh metal.

And guess what,the other side of the trunk also had some ventilation
                              So,made a new piece.

Did some more welding.

The rear panel also had some issues,so some more welding.

And after some cleaning,sealer and paint,no one will even know

The rear bumper is back on,but i didn't take any pictures yet.

Fiat Panda 1,2 Dynamic

Comment

Working...
                              X