Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member with issue with check valve dilemma (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member with issue with check valve dilemma (PICS)

Hi guys, so I have been battle this issue with my check valve and Google didn't offer much help in this past few days.

My tank setup is a full Air Lift system with the V2 digital management, 5 gal tank with the 380 CC ViAir compressor. About a month ago, my fuse near the battery keep popping, i switched it and it popped again after when the compressor ran ONE time. I did my research and figured it's the check valve. I couldn't wait for the SMC check valve from online vendor so I went to a local part store that's specialized in hose and air equipment and got a new check valve that is rated at 400 PSI, 1/4" brass , model = EuroBlock 400 WOG DN 10. Everything was good after I changed that out. See pic below:

Fast forward till now, suddenly my compressor isn't working again, and I see that my fuse is once again popped. I switch to a new one, and got about 5-8 use of that from the compressor, then it went out again. Frustrated, I ordered a SMC check valve from Bagriders.com.

The part came in today and it look like this:

I was expecting it to be like this, which is what everyone using:

My question is, is the part I received the same as the popular SMC check valve? The model number is different. AS2000 vs. AK2000. It has the turn needle that can adjust the airflow, but I'm not sure how does that work. Bagriders is closed for the weekend so that's why I turn to you guys for help. Any help regarding the new parts is greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!

Below is a pic of my car if you are interested!

double check all grounds, i had an issue with fuses popping with my compressor and it turned out to be a loose ground.
    HAI GUISE

Comment

had an issue with fuses popping with my compressor and it turned out to be a loose ground.

Comment

that is a flow control valve, not a standard check valve which should be installed right off the head of the compressor, not on the tank.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
        X