StanceWorks Magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StanceWorks Magazine?

Ive been really thinking about this one, I dont know of a U.S. based mag that represents the type of lifestyle led on forums like this.

I do know it would be alot of work but with all the great cars and photography on this and related forums ( not that I know anything about publishing ) but it seems a publication like that would rake in the revenue. Also I would love to help how I could...

What says you all
    Last edited by 6erWebb; 08-07-2009, 08:29 PM.

I think its an awesome idea, however I don't know how to go about doing it without a huge sponsorship or something.

Comment

Great idea, but it will come at the right time with right sponsors.

Comment

Holy shit i was actually thinking about this last night while reading PBMW.
        it would do well im sure, I'd love to get in on it too. I was thinking about how i'd go about doing it but came up blank

Comment

Well Id say at first the mag would be pretty thin, so the first few issues could be "designed" on a computer then e-mailed to someone with the correct printer.
          The sponsers of course would receive ads in it for the funds they provide to help with the printing/ photography/ time and effort.

Im a big can do guy and for some reason I think this is actually possible/ depending on the support availible.

Comment

Probably not the best time economy wise to come out with a magazine but it is a good idea.

I mean if a fucking Donk magazine can survive.

Actually 6erWebb has a great idea with a "zine" style mag. A lot of BMX mags started in a similar fashion.

I like em dropped.

Comment

I think this is a great idea. I have actually contemplated producing a mag as well and have researched the production/ design/ photography costs in the past. As a graphic designer and enthusiast ... i obviously think it could work, but thats not always the case. The easiest way to start this would be to create a quarterly mag as this would allow you to collect articles and cars in spurts rather then needing to constantly being out shooting and writing.

If this is something to starts to move forward, I would love to help out if possible.
              “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Yeah, you could start with something small first and sell it on the web site. You basically will need .pdf format file most likely that you will send to somebody that does printing services and they will do this for you. Usually it's pretty cheap to do. You can find those in the internet and all format info will be on their web site.
                Or you could also give it to people for free on auto meets for promotional purposes.

Comment

Online or a downsized almost newsletter type deal might be the way to start.

Flickr

Comment

This is a great idea. Start off small and work your way up to a much bigger magazine. If you can get enough vendors to buy ad space, that alone could pay for cost of production. Also I would think an online magazine would be a good start, less overhead cost and it would give a chance for the magazine to grow.

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

Wheres mike? Whats he think about this?

Comment

Sittin on the couch

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                          Sittin on the couch
                          :
                          -Brandon
                          E46 No More..
                          Her Concise History:
                          http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

How about something like this to start off with?

Or

If something like that gets big enough on the internet, you know that if you were to print it down the track it would be a success...
                            Originally posted by anth
                            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_T View Post
                              This is a great idea. Start off small and work your way up to a much bigger magazine. If you can get enough vendors to buy ad space, that alone could pay for cost of production. Also I would think an online magazine would be a good start, less overhead cost and it would give a chance for the magazine to grow.
                              true. starting small and trying to attract sponsors is the key.
                              Clinton
                              1st Aussie on here
                              Im Back!

Comment

Working...
                              X