Mk4 JTI broke build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk4 JTI broke build

Well, this build thread isn't gonna be updated too much seeing as how I'm poh (see poor in "The South: A Dictionary") but I'll update it when work is done.

Obsession in question:

I went ass backwards when it came to working on this car; or at least how most people with VW's or on this forum would go. I went with go first instead of show but now that I've seen the light I'm remedying all that.

Anyway the next list of mods (which with any luck could be here by next month...then again it could be in 5 months) will be the following:
    Suspension Rebuild-
    Control Arms w/R32 bushings
    Audi TT front spindles (to lessen suspension geometry fuck up)
    Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway Bars
    Adjustable Tie Rods
    Ball Joints
    WRD front lower tie bar
    WRD rear upper tie bar
    and the kicker, B&G RS2 coilovers (3.5" max drop ftw)

So yeah, that's about it for right now. Next up in the immediate "free" mods is more low in the front after the fenders get rolled, helpers come out, fender liner comes out, and the frame gets a mild notch.

Comment as you like.

Sweet baby Jesus...

I'm very unsure of how much I like the Jetta front end on the GTI, but do your thing!

Comment

I dreamed of turing my GTI into a JTI. I love that front. But it already looks good, so it can only go up from there
      -George
      flickr

Comment

Thanks guys, I love the Jetta front...and since the first time I saw it done, I knew I had to do it.

So minor update, seems I won a 20th rear lip on ebay for pretty cheap, and seeing as I can't seem to sell it, I figure I'll get it texturized and put it on. There goes the turn down exhaust for now, haha.

Sweet baby Jesus...

Comment

The more I look at it, the more I love the Jetta front end. Definitely something I've personally never seen before. I love it!
          Originally posted by da3bous
          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

The sad part is that the resulting Getta...gets the bad part on the deal if you ask me. Example:

Now a .:Retta...different story.

Sweet baby Jesus...

Comment

So I've been wanting to do this, but with roof racks costing near $200 new, a little less used and it almost impossible to find an OEM basket I figured I'd give up since it'd cost an assload. Thinks again. Just picked this all up $100 shipped.

tiny pic ftl, but it'll look a bit like this...minus the hot wheels.

Now to pick up a Thule fairing when it comes in and I'll be done. Now if only my 20th lip would come in...or if that asshat I bought it from would answer my damn emails. I may have to call the paypal police.

Sweet baby Jesus...

Comment

I like it. It's the first one I've ever seen with a jetta front end.

Comment

did the 20th lip fit? i was pretty sure the bumpers were curved different between the golf and jetta. maybe you would need the gli lip? i know its been a while since you posted and you prob got it all sorted. we did a jti on my girls fo do golf. looks good man!

Comment

^^rear lip...

Comment

That is the nicest JTI I have ever seen. It really pulls off those C5 wheels.

Comment

i like the idea of front end conversions on vw's

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

they called jettas in us ? called bora's in england

Comment

Yep they're jettas over here. I guess VWoA figured we wouldn't take to the name of our "entry level VW with a trunk" changing names.

I recognize that JTi it that the same one we had to play tetris (with the 2x4s) to get off the lift and out of Brian's Shop?

Erik

Comment

Working...
                            X