No announcement yet.

Elbenzo // Bagged '92 190E Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate it guys! My air management and associated items will be arriving Wednesday according to UPS! The first piece of the puzzle that will become the build of my Mercedes. I've been looking at other things I can do to update the look of the car. I've got something in store that I think you guys will like.

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
    I'm so jealous of American 190E's. They have basically every extras you could get. In Europe getting an automatic with electric sunroof and front windows is already a great deal.
    This car is so clean, my favourite colour and interior combination. Looking forward to this one.
    Thank you sir! While you want that stuff I'm over here in the US waiting to find myself a set of mint Euro headlights!

Originally posted by W201j View Post
    Is there a way to subscribe to this thread? I would really like to follow on the modifications you do to this car!
    Yup yup. Just scroll to the top of the page and there's an option that says Thread Tools and you can subscribe there.

Originally posted by Respect Till Death View Post
    how much did this set you back (cost?)? been looking at something similar for my 190!
    The kit that I ordered was ordered through a close friend of mine. I also ordered it on Black Friday so I saved myself a lot of money. Total out the door it was $1450.00. That includes the following
    • Air Management
    • 5 Gallon Air Tank
    • Dual 444cc Viair Compressors
    • Power Kit for both compressors
    • 3/8's Air line
    1992 Mercedes 190 E | 2002 DTM Inspired IS300 | IG @ DAAR_CREATIVE

Comment

Some boxes showed up to my house! A day early! Woot woot.

And this was about 7 hours ago but I still haven't opened them. Been busy too busy working on designing to get around to busting open the boxes. Tomorrow will be the unboxing!

Comment

Great, what wheels are you planning though?

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

In for this! Pretty sure I follow you on instagram, this is your first 190 right? Do you have a hookup with rear bag brackets or are you fabricating them yourself?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
          I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Subscribed because Mexican username. Keep up homie

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
              Great, what wheels are you planning though?
              I'm honestly not sure. With my Subaru it's super super easy for me to choose wheels because I know what fits and what style works with the car since I've morphed in to exactly what I want. With this, it's hard. Not sure if I want to go with a newer design or go retro.

Whatever wheel I end up going with, it'll be something unique. Not to bash on any of the 190 builds I've seen but I've seen so much of the same. Doing the same shit over and over again is boring. Safe is boring. I'll probably be running a japanese wheel with some wobble bolts.

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
              In for this! Pretty sure I follow you on instagram, this is your first 190 right? Do you have a hookup with rear bag brackets or are you fabricating them yourself?
              Yes sir! It's even in the title of the thread! Haha. I'll be going with the Charged Dubs UK brackets and suspension kit. I reached out to one of the individuals with the company and I have full confidence in the kit that they are providing. It's the best option compared to some of the others I've seen.

Originally posted by LCG View Post
              Subscribed because Mexican username. Keep up homie
              Ayyyyyyeeee

Comment

Dug in to the boxes today! Really excited about this management and the quality of the products I received. I can't wait until I allot the funds to buy my suspension kit (bags, struts, mounting plates, etc). Not trying to break the bank all at once and I've got a trip to Cancun coming up in January that I need to allot funds to.

Anyway, pictures! This will be a very very picture heavy thread for those that haven't taken a gander through my RS build thread.
                Airlift 3P Unboxing by David Arellano, on Flickr

Comment

Subscribed, watching this.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMexican View Post
                    I'm honestly not sure. With my Subaru it's super super easy for me to choose wheels because I know what fits and what style works with the car since I've morphed in to exactly what I want. With this, it's hard. Not sure if I want to go with a newer design or go retro.

Whatever wheel I end up going with, it'll be something unique. Not to bash on any of the 190 builds I've seen but I've seen so much of the same. Doing the same shit over and over again is boring. Safe is boring. I'll probably be running a japanese wheel with some wobble bolts.
                    Yeah I know that, I was stoked on being the first one with a W201 on RF's this year and then a guy in Germany decided to put RFs on his bagged Benz. I wasn't really amused
                    But true, most 201s run on either Futuras, some OEM Benz wheels or RS's. Tannerevans on his Breytons and the Gnar_Low (from IG) running on Epsilons were a nice addition.
                    JDM wheels sound great.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Please describe the installation step by step. Like some sort of How-To if you can?
                      Lucas
                      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                      Originally posted by LCG
                      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                        Please describe the installation step by step. Like some sort of How-To if you can?
                        I'll definitely give it a shot. I've done a few DIY's on the Subaru forum before. My natural knack for taking pictures of absolutely everything definitely helps out.

Comment

In other news. I've started looking at my options for headlights and I'm not entirely sure which option to go with. Perhaps you kind people can help me make a decision.

(In no particular order)
                          1st option
                          Depo Euro Style headlights & clear corners
                          Price: $210 - Free shipping
                          Like: That they're OEM quality and seem to be reliable for many people. Full plug and play
                          Dislike: The clear corners don't quite match the internal housing color to the headlights.

2nd option
                          Bi-Xenon HID Euro Style headlights & clear corners (I'd get the white bulbs, no blue)
                          Price: $315 - Free shipping
                          Like: I'll get better illumination solely due to the HID. Clear corners seem to match better.
                          Dislike: Not sure how reliable the xenon beam pattern will be. Haven't seen any user-experience reviews. Not "name brand" items to rely on. Also doesn't include full harness to enable foglight

3rd option
                          Crystal Chrome headlights & matching corners
                          Price: $240 + $189 shipping (Holy crap I didn't see that until just now. No thanks)
                          Like: It could provide a unique look to the car. Or it could make it look cheap and chincy
                          Dislike: That price is bananas for a no-name brand and they have a crappy description

I feel like thse are more "clear" than any of the above listed options. The clear corners seem to match the headlight much better, though it may just be the picture.

These look fantastic and I feel like they have a more updated OEM look to them. Almost looks like they just painted the housings on the headlights and the corner lights.
                          Last edited by JDMexican; 12-12-2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

My 2cts;

Get the depo ones. Dump the clear corners, mount back the original amber ones
                            In the long run, the ambers will look best. You'll get bored about the modern ones. trust me
                            Last edited by loekaaz; 03-15-2016, 11:35 AM.
                            Lucas
                            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                            Originally posted by LCG
                            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

the one on the borbets is PERFECT for me

and youre 190e is really clean!

Comment

get the depo and get the oe amber turns.
                                Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X