My built, widened and bagged 06 WRX Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love it John, forever loving this.

The attention to detail is way to real. Can't wait to see this for real one day.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
        I have photos of this thing from my PVW coverage of Wolfsgart last year. I was just waiting until the issue came out to post them on my own. I'll make sure to post them here when I get around to putting them up on Flickr.
        Thank you so much Brian, I love the photos!!

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
        Love it John, forever loving this.

The attention to detail is way to real. Can't wait to see this for real one day.
        Thanks man!! Sounds like an east coast trip is in order

---

Well I haven't worked on the car all that much in the last couple weeks, been busy and blah blah blah excuses I've done some boring stuff like got my exterior air line and wire routing figured out for my new management setup. I've decided that I won't have any wires or nylon airline visible in the trunk area (last time around there were two air lines and a wire loom visible), so the wires for the 3H manifold, compressor power, etc. need to run down below the management platform, out of the vehicle then back into the vehicle which I've achieved with a few carefully drilled holes hidden beneath the OEM trunk paneling. Yay! Well, no pictures of that stuff, so just close your eyes and use your imagination

Otherwise, I just about finished with prepping the MDF for carpet, now I'm just waiting on threaded wood inserts and some M6 hardware to come in from McMaster. I'm gonna try to get most of the wiring finished up tonight and that board carpeted so once the McMaster order comes in I can slap the hardware in and get this show on the road!

Last thing worth noting is that I finally got fed up with the awful 37* flaring tool I was using (the generic style from JEGS, harbor freight, etc.) that kept producing lopsided flares no matter what I did, so I caved and ordered the pricey Rigid flare tool... man what a difference this tool makes. JEGS tool on the left, Ridgid tool on the right. Results speak for themselves!!

Comment

• I finished up my air ride plumbing, sorry for hipster black and white I'll upload a legit photo at some point

My friend Cyrus got to work on new charge piping and he is absolutely killing it. He's the guy that did all the fab work on our liberty walk e92 a few years back, and is also the guy who welded the quarters on my car. Basically any major fab is done by Cyrus, he's the man.

2" piping off the turbo, expanded to 2.25" just before bend at the front of the engine-- I love this small detail!!

Tested for hood clearance and its all good! Woohoo! The hot side is just about done, hoping to have the cold side done (all 2.5") by this weekend!

Once the charge piping is all done, its just a matter of securing a few reference hoses in the engine bay, torquing down the intake manifold and filling up fluids then she's road ready once again! Very stoked!

Comment

• This is one clean detailed build. Nicely done, looking forward to seeing more of it.

1990 Honda Civic Wagon - SOLD
            1997 BMW 318i Vert
            1992 Mercedes Benz 300e - SOLD
            1970 Mercedes Benz 250
            1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

• Pipes are done! Just noticed I've got a front inner CV boot that's about to tear through so I'll be replacing that tomorrow night, but aside from that it's just fluids and its (hopefully) good to go!

I also fit up a new rear diffuser. In order to add some rigidity and probably better performance, I affixed the diffuser to the bumper cover with OEM push clips as well as to the rear crossmember by nutserting the crossmember and diffuser and connecting the two with these little rods that I made. All M6 hardware, and 3/8 airline to cover the threaded rod for a finishing touch. I like these little details that likely no one will ever see by myself... just makes me happy when I'm underneath the car

Comment

• Jesus, the engine bay is stunning. Excellent work.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  Jesus, the engine bay is stunning. Excellent work.
                  Thank you very much!

I snapped a few photos with my old DSLR. I am not a photographer lol

Comment

• John, this is still my favorite Subaru to date.
                    You sir, just keep making this car even more desirable!
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

• I wish I had the time and patience for this. Like Sebastien said, favorite subaru hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                        John, this is still my favorite Subaru to date.
                        You sir, just keep making this car even more desirable!
                        Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                        I wish I had the time and patience for this. Like Sebastien said, favorite subaru hands down.
                        Thanks for the love guys

Changing things up a bit... I picked up some 265/35's that fit perfectly with the wide body on an 18x9.5 +35

Still a bit of adjusting to do but I'm digging the look and I think it will be a huge improvement for the way the car drives. 400+ whp and smaller-than-stock stretched tires with "too much" negative camber just don't mix well. I'm getting old I think :P I'm going to adjust the air struts and try out softer spring rate with more aggressive damping and see how it feels- it will also give me more lift which is nice. I'm curious to see how these changes impact the way the car drives... always tinkering!

Comment

• Cant wait to see more shots of it with the new setup, that angle alone makes it look really good. I do like a more meaty tire anymore tho....I think I am with you on getting older hah
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by John@BagRiders View Post
                            I'm getting old I think :P
                            We're all getting old as of late. Feels like forever ago that I had a Subaru on air and 205/45's on a 10" wide wheel.
                            Meaty fitment is definitely the flavor of the year though, race car stuff is a good thing!
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              Cant wait to see more shots of it with the new setup, that angle alone makes it look really good. I do like a more meaty tire anymore tho....I think I am with you on getting older hah
                              Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                              We're all getting old as of late. Feels like forever ago that I had a Subaru on air and 205/45's on a 10" wide wheel.
                              Meaty fitment is definitely the flavor of the year though, race car stuff is a good thing!
                              Thanks guys! Seb your GC was great, I'd love to build one some day!! They're damn near impossible to find around here in anything resembling "good" condition but a man can dream!

I'll be tinkering with the car this coming week so hope to have some photos of it back on the ground!

Comment

• Got the new setup somewhat dialed. I've been testing out our new "Bags by OCD" with BC Racing BR Type coilovers. They ride nice, but I'm running the "extreme low" struts and IMO they're a bit too short for this kind of wheel setup. It was perfect on 17's with stretched tires but I think more stroke would be nice with the larger wheels/tires. Maybe I'll swap out the dampers for more R&D

Comment

Working...
                                X