No announcement yet.

My built, widened and bagged 06 WRX Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that it wasn't really nice before, but I really dig this new look!

Comment

• Those bags are super trick, I'll have to look into those for my air set-up. I love that you chose to build a wagon, it looks great!

Comment

• I tidied up my hard lines a bit

Those meaty tires didn't fit the way I was hoping for an would rub pretty bad in the rear around corners, so I ended up putting them on my daily specB.

The reason for the overfenders is that the quarters were all rusted out, and I didn't want pay for (2) proper QP replacements, nor could I do them myself as we don't do any body work or painting in our shop. So, I cut out the rust, hammered up the quarters, welded it shut and POR15'd and seam-sealed the crap out of them. No more rust, and the overfenders look.... well, they're overfenders ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Haha they came out good, I'm just not really a fan of them in general... oh well, functional at least!

Comment

• I think the right wheels make overfenders look good. I.e. TE37s, Meisters, etc. I think the car looks good though.

Comment

• nice build, why you change a wheels? :O

Comment

• Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
              I think the right wheels make overfenders look good. I.e. TE37s, Meisters, etc. I think the car looks good though.
              Thanks! Yeah I agree, certain wheels help pull off overfenders much better than others. This whole scenario was me being indecisive and just working with what I had.... I tried the splits on the Legacy which looked like hell, then the meaty set didn't fit very well on the WRX so I said to hell with it and them on the Legacy where they fit much better. The Legacy is far from a looker but its a fun car to drive and gets me from A to B consistently so I can't complain I have a downpipe sitting in my garage that I've been waiting to put on which will net some decent WHP and I've got no desire to mod it any further than that aside from some little aesthetics.

Originally posted by mik333 View Post
              nice build, why you change a wheels? :O
              Honestly I just wanted to run something meatier with less camberz, but that didn't work out so the splits are back on now. The 17's allow the car to drive super slammed which looks awesome (imo) but detracts from its driveability which was what I wanted to address by running 18's with a bigger tire. I need to end up somewhere in the middle, so the plan is to sell my 17" splits and build a set of 18's with a more reasonable offset (thinking a 10j +25-30ish which will be an easy fit compared to the 10j +6/+12 on there now) and run less stret. With a setup like that I'd tuck the lip just behind the fender with minimal camber which IMO looks good and is a bit more driveable than the more aggressive lip to fender fitment I'm running now.

Comment

• Functionality FTW!!

Comment

• Holy Hell. Speechless

Comment

• Couple shots I snapped last night hanging at our shop

Comment

• It just looks so damn good.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Had a great time at Wicked Big Meet this weekend! I wasn't working at our booth for once so I was able to wander about and check out the show, good times!

Here's a few shots I've been tagged in

Davey Photography

Krzysztof

Cody @ Air Lift

Comment

• I really like the fitment and stance of this. Not over done, but so well done.

Comment

• Comment

• Perfectionist to say the least, beautiful bay and amazing fitment.

lemme see that spec b!!

Comment

• good golly this thing is beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                                X