Potential buyers - Beware Jordan_Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential buyers - Beware Jordan_Inc.

November 9th, I agreed to purchase a set of 19x8 / 19x8.5 AIMGAIN GIIM's from @Sensei.6 on Instragram. This is Jordan_Inc on S/W.

Wheels were described as "Completely original, no bends/cracks, some curb rashes."

However, after arrival and drop off with my wheel refinisher - he immediately noticed multiple bends in the barrel of one of the 8.5's.

My guy had already fixed the lips on the pair of 8's before noticing the 8.5 condition (unfortunately...) but said he thought he shouldn't have any problems fixing the bends.

I sent some messages to the seller through DM, requesting either a refund or reimbursement for fixing the barrel. I was offered $60, not the preferred number considering the $2000 purchase price for a set of straight and true wheels, after the seller initially said they he could not see any bends in the pictures that I just posted. He also chose to delete the posts where he had the information stored, as well as edit the original posting here on S/W to limit exposure. After I opened up a paypal dispute (for 1/4 of the payment, which is fair since I was sent 3/4 of the order...), he blocked me on Instagram to prevent me from encroaching on additional sales.

I'm posting this as a warning for people in the future, since there doesn't seem to be a "buyer beware" section on S/W.

This is the thread, correct?

The seller deleted the images and edited the thread.
    But you are right, the original description stated they were not bent.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

things happen, in this case the best way to resolve would be to get a quote to straighten the wheel and submit it via email. from most places its 60-80$ for something like that.

Not trying to defend anyone or anything just input where I can, but used wheels always come with some risks associated with it. in this case it seems like a simple enough fix. Glad its not something more serious.
      sigpic
      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Yeah, its not a huge deal, I've had a similar issue and I worked with the buyer to resolve it. I also offered somewhere around $80 to strengthen a bent wheel.
        1/4 of payment($500) seems quite extreme, but stonewalling the customer is not the best policy(almost the worst, actually) either.

Comment

agreed its never the way to deal with things, likely was just an oversight though which is why I say that.

Not sure who jordan is or who works with him, but i may assume he is middle manning like many seem to do and has no actual connection to the product being moved. Just an assumption though, no reflection on anyone if i am incorrect in saying this.
          sigpic
          1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
          1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

The 1/4 of the value was a suggestion from Paypal when applying for the "not as described" reimbursement option (there was full amount, half and a forth...)

Wheel has been fixed, but the paypal dispute is still open.

Comment

What did the repairs cost?

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                What did the repairs cost?
                $125. 3 flat sport/bends fixed. Rotates true now.

Comment

so you're asking for $500 why

Comment

Originally posted by staystetti View Post
                    so you're asking for $500 why
                    Did you even bother to read that PayPal suggests the amount... You can't type in your total request, it's full refund, half or a forth. I went with the lowest in hopes of getting a counter offer.

Comment

Issue resolved.

They came through with a partial refund to cover the cost of the repair to the barrel.

Comment

Potential buyers Beware Jordan_Inc

I think he just moved the perks to jordan and classic. Not all the other crazy stuff happening in west now.

Comment

Working...
                        X