Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W124 > w201

few things,
    does anyone happen to know whether you can fit interior from a W124 into a W201? AFAIK they didn't come in a black leather, and if they did I sure as hell wouldn't find it in Australia. However I'm looking at a super cheap W124 that already has clean black leather interior which I'd love to put in, however I won't waste my money on it if I can't transfer parts over. They look extremely similar.

Do R129 strut top mounts fit W201s like they do W124s? Again being in Australia's it's quite an expensive measure just to find out I can't do it haha

Do sunroof model 201s have the same roof structure as non-sunroof models? It seems equally as easy to just go and get one installed but I'm curious whether it's an arduous measure or not
    Last edited by Respect Till Death; 10-25-2015, 07:19 AM.
    '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

I do not think the w124 interior will fit the w201. It is too different dimensions wise.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

W124/W201 suspension is 1:1, just the difference is between spring rates and shocks I guess, because the W124 is heavier. R129 mounts should fit 1:1.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
        I do not think the w124 interior will fit the w201. It is too different dimensions wise.
        oh is it? It looks so similar haha, assuming it's wider? The dash I understand I can just get it wrapped but things like carpet/door cards/seats it will cost way too much to get redone - I'm in 2 places about grabbing it anyway, big juggle to be wrong I guess haha!

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
        W124/W201 suspension is 1:1, just the difference is between spring rates and shocks I guess, because the W124 is heavier. R129 mounts should fit 1:1.
        Hell yeah Jorgen I was hoping you would pop up haha! I wasn't aware of that but it all makes sense, being a W20_ it is technically a C Class right? If it was still technically an E Class, anything not driveline relative can I assume are the same across 124 & 201?
        '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

W201 is the predecessor of the W202. W202 just first got the name C-Class. W124 was named E-Class after 1993, during the time when W201 went out of production and was replaced with W202.
          W124/W201 share the same drivetrain mostly yes, however the only engines they share are the 2.3E and 2.6E and the 2.0 55kW diesel too.

Either way, people who lower W124's and W201's essentially use the same ways to go lower.

Building a W124 Benz

Comment

Originally posted by Jorgen View Post
            W201 is the predecessor of the W202. W202 just first got the name C-Class. W124 was named E-Class after 1993, during the time when W201 went out of production and was replaced with W202.
            W124/W201 share the same drivetrain mostly yes, however the only engines they share are the 2.3E and 2.6E and the 2.0 55kW diesel too.

Either way, people who lower W124's and W201's essentially use the same ways to go lower.
            yep I thought that would be the case. The 124 was sold before I got to it so I'm back to the drawing board for the time being. I found another cheap one but it's not got the black leather like I'm after. I figure I'll just rip the interior and have a look as to whether I can make it work. No avail I'll send it to the scrap yard I guess haha

put everything I need on order today through Bilstein, just gonna stick with B8s and a shortened shock w/ R129 strut mounts up front, to stop some of the rake in the rear I've ordered Saab shortened rears to see whether they won't be too arduous to fit, if not then I in theory should have an equally low rear, might have to take out a few coils to make it work but time will tell no doubt
            '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

well,might have to take out a few coils to make it work but time will tell no doubt .thanks

Comment

Originally posted by giaolike View Post
                well,might have to take out a few coils to make it work but time will tell no doubt .thanks
                yeah bud, your best bet is to fit them first then work it out from there. Use the fronts as a guide, if the front's too high then cut the front but from what I've seen you can get a decent low without cutting up anything (bar maybe bump stops), the rear just cut to match.
                '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

can anyone from elsewhere get the 190e roof wing? Places sell them but no one will send to Australia
                  '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

anyone trying to get low out of W201 / W124, springs from a Skyline C110 / Datsun 240K fit perfectly and is 4 coils shorter than factory!

Does anyone sell a shortened shock for the front of the 201/124? The rears I can go Saab (which model Saab? does anyone know? Assuming Saab 900, what year?) The fronts, without going E36 coilovers because I'm putting bags in soon, I'll need a shorter shock so i'm not restricting the bag
                    '87 Benz 190E

BUILD THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Till Death View Post
                      anyone trying to get low out of W201 / W124, springs from a Skyline C110 / Datsun 240K fit perfectly and is 4 coils shorter than factory!

Does anyone sell a shortened shock for the front of the 201/124? The rears I can go Saab (which model Saab? does anyone know? Assuming Saab 900, what year?) The fronts, without going E36 coilovers because I'm putting bags in soon, I'll need a shorter shock so i'm not restricting the bag
                      The Bilstein B8 front shock with and R129 shock mount will give you noth more lows and more travel over all. Does this c110 spring trick actually work? If so how stiff can you get those springs???

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Working...
                      X