No announcement yet.

1971 Datsun 510 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some rough engine bay work tonight with the drill and a sanding disk. Going to give the entire bay a pass with it before moving to some finer stuff by hand. Then can go about filling unwanted holes and smoothing everything out

Instagram @markrogerson
    1971 Datsun 510
    1991 Nissan 240sx

Comment

Going to try and kick this into high gear, first car show in my area is 70 days away and it's a big one! Car probably won't be running but pretty sure I can get the bay painted and the VE sitting in the bay looking pretty by then.

Got most of the bay sanded with the disc, just need to hit the rad support and a few smaller areas before starting by hand.

Also ordered my bearings finally, ACL Race standard size crank and rod for now. Going to check when they get here and maybe mix and match one standard and one plus size depending on how everything measures out.

Also grabbed another project car, a 1991 Mazda Rx7 for $200 with no engine/ trans or rocker panels haha. Welded tons of scrap sheets but never anything on an actual car so figured worst case it's welding practice best case another car. Turns out it's not too bad and have already welded some new metal in.

Anyway on to some pics!

Current engine bay

And the rx7, no idea what I'm going to do with it yet

Instagram @markrogerson
      1971 Datsun 510
      1991 Nissan 240sx

Comment

Finally got back into the car a few weeks ago, finished up the bay and finally sprayed some color! Borrowed a big 5hp compressor from work and spent the weekend laying down some epoxy primer, color, then a number of coats of clear.

After the first couple primer coats

Finally some color! Went with Subaru Hyper Blue, hard to get a good picture of it here but it's the lighter non metallic blue they have on the BRZ and a few others

Might eventually do the entire car in it, but we'll see. Started cleaning up some of the underhood odds and ends recently too, the nice bay just made everything else under the hood look like junk haha

Wilwood 1inch master came in so need to get that thrown on too. Crossmember is currently out getting flipped and waiting on some new front suspension/steering parts then the engine will more than likely get thrown in! Few final fuel system parts are in the mail then can finish that part up aswell. If only i started doing all this work in the spring instead of the fall lol
        Instagram @markrogerson
        1971 Datsun 510
        1991 Nissan 240sx

Comment

ah nice, havent seen some 510 content in a minute

Comment

Working...
          X