• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see some action guys!
    Thanks.
    My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Wow. This new look is something to get used to. Is there no way to implement the old style?

I feel N00by here, while I used to know almost all the ins and outs of the old one haha
      Lucas
      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
      Originally posted by LCG
      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Sorry. Unfortunately, there's no way to make the old one layout work with the updated software. Hopefully everyone finds the new digs "at home" before long.

Comment

The spam is not fixed, unfortunately.

Comment

Sadface

Untitled.jpg

Builds section and Air ride management section so far.
            Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Sorry guys, we're really, really trying. We're gonna keep taking steps to prevent this!

Lucas, did you happen to make note of the banned user's join date?

Comment

Interested to know what that users join date was...
                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                *pats Sebs head*
                there there.
                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Okay, so he was a previous user. Interesting.

Will have to look into a spam clean up. I've spoken to Mike about doing a few things on my own server and seeing what I can come up with before running scripts on this database. Until then, it seems spam account creation is definitely more difficult since the update.
                  1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                  there there.

Comment

For the time being, could you implement first topic/post authorization?

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                      Sorry guys, we're really, really trying. We're gonna keep taking steps to prevent this!

Lucas, did you happen to make note of the banned user's join date?
                      All of them had a join date the same day that they posted
                      Lucas
                      Originally posted by LCG

Comment

perhaps a limit to the amount of threads a user can create in one day?

surely no real user needs to create more than one or two threads per day?

Comment

Today I implemented a new user group for "confirmed users" and a promotion that moves users from the "registered user" group.
                          What this means is that when a new user activates his/her account, they can't create a thread until their post count is > 5.

This means we should see a lot less spam threads created. I also updated the registration process to include a written question instead of a CAPTCHA.
                          That should put us in a better spot.
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                            All of them had a join date the same day that they posted
                            Not in the case I checked the other day. I opened 3, all 3 had account created in 2016.

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                            Today I implemented a new user group for "confirmed users" and a promotion that moves users from the "registered user" group.
                            What this means is that when a new user activates his/her account, they can't create a thread until their post count is > 5.

This means we should see a lot less spam threads created. I also updated the registration process to include a written question instead of a CAPTCHA.
                            That should put us in a better spot.
                            Beautiful. Hopefully you limit where those first 5 posts can be made [forced into the intro section]? Otherwise they might just spam into other threads?

We'll see how this goes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                              Beautiful. Hopefully you limit where those first 5 posts can be made [forced into the intro section]? Otherwise they might just spam into other threads?

We'll see how this goes anyway.
                              Unfortunately can't limit to where those first 5 posts go, but I remember using a forum previously where it was more "go and investigate other threads, answer questions people have or add value and then we'll let you post your own thread" and it worked pretty well there. A lot less spammers that's for sure.
                              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                              there there.

Comment

Working...
                              X