Spam out of this world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam out of this world!

Still a frequent reader of this forum, mostly because of the awesome builds, but coming on less and less. I use "Quick Links" > Todays posts, but there are 10/15 spam threads for every actual thread. It's really getting out of hand lately. Same with the bots posting everywhere. You guys really need to look into a better/harder verification for new members asap, things like this can kill a forum.

Let me be the first to apologize. I have been lacking in moderating the forum, but have been spending time trying to rid this cancer to the best of my abilities, along with guys like pascal.

We're trying our best and hope that you hang around for many more years.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
      Let me be the first to apologize. I have been lacking in moderating the forum, but have been spending time trying to rid this cancer to the best of my abilities, along with guys like pascal.

We're trying our best and hope that you hang around for many more years.
      This is why we love you.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Maybe get a few more mods who have the time to clean this place up? It doesn't seem to be getting better.
        Mercedes:
        93' 190E Sportline
        80' 450SEL 6.9
        67' 250SE

Comment

We are trying.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

So are you guys actually trying to solve it, or just let the mods delete the topics once in a while. This used to be a great forum, now it's reduced to a few builds, and the rest is spam or wheels/cars for sale. Even seen people stop updating their build threads due to the ridicolous amount of spam.

Comment

They need more mods or something, the spam is slowly killing this forum unfortunately but no one seems to care

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

Yup, this is def, getting out of hand now...
                Lucas
                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                Originally posted by LCG
                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Is there somewhere or somebody to apply to?

I'd like to help out...

Comment

maybe this sort of thing costs money to get a different/better quality captcha? maybe that's the problem and money is hard to come by you know?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                      Is there somewhere or somebody to apply to?

I'd like to help out...
                      +1
                      Lucas
                      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                      Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Spam Bots are back in full force the last week or so.

The verification system is either not working or not stopping the issue.

Maybe it's time you guys make it a requirement to have a post count of 10 post in order to create a new thread.

Comment

I've just gone through and deleted 60 threads of spam, all posted since yesterday. I'm trying to get on daily to clear it and I've just come back to work so that will be happening [I'm on S/W all the time at work]. We have a few others who are really proactive in deleting threads too.

Making a post count limit makes it a bit harder as they will just start spamming your threads directly. That means we'd have to open every thread to clear it or wait for someone to report every post of spam.

What might work, is limiting new users to the intro section until they hit 5 posts. Most spammers don't reach 5 posts, maybe 1 in 4 do? A 5 post limit would help stop real people spamming the into threads too as 5 isn't too high. But post count minimums will all ways put some people off joining regardless.
                          My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

So instead of sweeping clean the forum, we should be saying Hello to the newbies more often until they reach 5 posts on their threads?

Seems reasonable
                            Last edited by loekaaz; 01-11-2016, 08:45 AM.
                            Lucas
                            Originally posted by LCG

Comment

Originally posted by jazig.k View Post
                              What might work, is limiting new users to the intro section until they hit 5 posts. Most spammers don't reach 5 posts, maybe 1 in 4 do? A 5 post limit would help stop real people spamming the into threads too as 5 isn't too high. But post count minimums will all ways put some people off joining regardless.
                              also spam will be limited to the intro section
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                              X