Nice
    My car is stupid
    IG: @notmarshall

Comment

Originally posted by notmarshall View Post

Nice
      Thx daddi

Comment

Moar updates. So i showed yall those headers, i ended up getting an ebay replica AA track pipe and catback. I saw a video and multiple reviews on Bimmerforums, so i figured why not. The reviews were spot on, Great sound, meh fitment. The A-section hangs way low. It scrapes all the time, and my car isnt even close to low lol. Still trying to sort out a leak and one of the header to A section joints. Doing the headers sucked ass. Getting the stock ones off was easy, putting the new ones was another story...Anyways, heres some pictures.

The exhaust sounded great, but it had a weird tin can/rattle sound at like 1800rpm that i didnt really like. You couldnt hear it outside of the car, buy it was very bad inside. We ended up cutting the muffler open,(which was completely hollow) and packed it with this fiberglass stuff, then my buddy welded it shut. Sounds way better IMO.

Comment

I also picked up a z3 rack. I put new inner and outer tie rods in it. I also had my buddy make some 4mm rack spacers, and yes i used loctite when i installed the rods. Cleanish cooler line compared to the rack when i pulled it out. This shit was gross lol.
          I hosed everything down with brake cleaner to try to clean it up. My valve cover is leaking so it prolly looks like shit already.
          Kinda hard to tell what it is, but there was a nice big glob of super glue on the steering shaft. Im guessing it fell when the P/O was caking it onto the throttle body lol
          For only being a little spacer, id say these things worked pretty well. Its nothing crazy, but its better for sure!

Comment

The car feels so much better with the new parts. Its nice having a car where the steering doesnt feel like youre driving with your front tires flat lol. The closer it gets to spring time the more and more i think about wheels. Im so indecisive lol. Im thinking about getting Kosei k1's. I know everybody and their mother has them, but they are cheap to buy, and i think they would be really easy to resell when its time to get rid of them. My other thought is to get another set of Cosmis XT005R's. I had some on my Subaru and i loved them. Plus i think they redesigned them a little bit. Its so hard to decide ha.
            Last edited by bdesmarteauej205; 01-20-2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Small update. So i had to replace everything in the ignition system on this piece. I go to start my car to leave for work one morning, no dice. The p/o put in a shitty push start system that went with the shitty alarm system. Basically what happened is the alarm timed itself out because something in the control unit got fried, meaning i couldnt start the car. It sucked.

I showed up at my car, went to unlock my driver door, didnt work. the key slides in, but it doesnt unlock the door. Normally this wouldnt be a huge deal, but this is the ONLY key/lock that is matching. I didnt have any other key for any of the locks, and since the alarm system was fried, i couldnt unlock it that way. Luckily my passenger window motor is bad, so i was able to pry my window down with a screwdriver until i could push it down by hand. Finally i was able to get inside to tow it, but i still couldnt open the driver door, even from the inside. It was at this time that i learned about BMW'S double locking system...which was a whole other nightmare.

Comment

I started to tear apart the interior to get a better idea on what i was dealing with. i started with the driver knee panel. Under this panel is where the brain was located. The first time i saw this after purchasing the car it made me highly regret buying it. I knew it was only a matter of time until id have to deal with this rats nest. insert pic

After i disconnected the brain, it was time to start chasing wires. The majority of the mess was in the ignition harness, but there were still tons of wires going throughout the dash, center console, engine bay ect, so i had a fun couple of hours chasing those..

This is where it was at after removing the harness and alarm

This is what i pulled out

Comment

So i finally have an ignition key. Its so nice. Now that that is out of the way, i can now order wheels I plan to order them tomorrow, so hopefully they will be on the car next weekish. It should be neat. ill be sure to update after i get them

Comment

Car looks great already. Can't wait to see what wheels you're gonna go with

Comment

Originally posted by e36_Danny View Post
                      Car looks great already. Can't wait to see what wheels you're gonna go with
                      Thanks! I appreciate it. Im super excited. Im so ready to not be on stock wheels.

Comment

Car looks 100x better than when I saw it at Cars and Coffee! I had the silver e36 sedan and my brother has the swapped e30. I've got some Fikse hiding in my basement that I should probably sell if you're still up in the air on wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Slide-By View Post
                          Car looks 100x better than when I saw it at Cars and Coffee! I had the silver e36 sedan and my brother has the swapped e30. I've got some Fikse hiding in my basement that I should probably sell if you're still up in the air on wheels.
                          Hey man! Thanks alot! Its still kinda a piece, but its getting there. Just lots of little things that bug me. Those Fikse's looked killer on your car! I have my mind set on the wheels i want, but thanks though! I just need to pull the trigger on them so i quit changing my mind haha. You going to C&C next month?

Comment

Originally posted by bdesmarteauej205 View Post
                            Hey man! Thanks alot! Its still kinda a piece, but its getting there. Just lots of little things that bug me. Those Fikse's looked killer on your car! I have my mind set on the wheels i want, but thanks though! I just need to pull the trigger on them so i quit changing my mind haha. You going to C&C next month?
                            I probably will. Don't have the e36 anymore though, rocking another GTO. I'm sure the e30 will be there too though!

Comment

Originally posted by Slide-By View Post
                              I probably will. Don't have the e36 anymore though, rocking another GTO. I'm sure the e30 will be there too though!
                              Alrighty man sounds good. I think i have that weekend off, so hopefully ill be there for longer than an hour

Comment

Alrighty so my skrimz showed up. Im super happy about them, but i thougth they would be the redesigned ones Oh well. I know i had these on the Subaru, but i really like them, so i got another set.

Mounted the tires on lunch break

Then of course you have to take a shitty quiktrip photo of your car after doing something to it, so here you go

Overall im happy with the wheels, they fit just about perfect. I need to figure something out with my y pipe to tuck it up higher so i can go like another inch lower.

Comment

Working...
                                X