No announcement yet.

Sketchy E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL putting river water into an M3 must be the most ghettofabulous thing ever

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
      cracked windshield gang checking in
      Yeah the wind grabbed a hold of it and kinda flung it into the windshield since i don't have hood struts. oops haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        LOL putting river water into an M3 must be the most ghettofabulous thing ever
        Got me home, thats all i care about haha. the water was super clear too, so i didn't feel bad about it. I flushed the cooling system and it now has proper coolant in it.

Comment

• Switched the clutch out this past week. Ive been trying to drive it to put a couple hundred miles on it before i romp on it. So i took a little drove down highway 410 by Mt. Rainer. Only part of the highway was open due to large amounts of snow farther in the pass, so i couldn't go as far as i was hoping to, but the drive out there was super fun. Ill for sure go back after its all open. I pulled off on a viewing point to look at a waterfall on the other side of this river. I wasn't able to get high up in the mountains by car, but this was still pretty cool.

This past weekend a couple of us cruised out to a burger place called XXX to meet up with some friends. One of my friends took this photo

Not really an update for the car, just where I've taken it i guess. Taking my car to cool places has always been a big thing for me. There just wasn't many places to document that in Kansas. I have a list of places i want to take this in Washington, so ill see what i can do,

I picked up an oil cooler locally on the low, but it doesn't have a thermostat. so i have to get one and re do some of the lines before i can put it all together. Ill have an update with that within the next couple weeks .

Comment

• love seeing drift cars out on the streets, and back roads. taking them to scenic spots really be hittin sometimes, keep the sauce coming

Comment

• this drift MiSsLe sure is neat, glad to see you driving the crap out of it
              My car is stupid
              IG: @notmarshall

Comment

• rig looked good the other day
                My car is stupid
                IG: @notmarshall

Comment

• No major updates, but i got sent this photo from the last event i really like

I had a friend make a little turn down muffler for me sometime last year, so i finally got that welded on, it looks way cooler, but i need to get a big muffler to put like halfway through the exhaust. I'm tired of having a loud car.

I was able to make it out to leavenworth for the drive the other weekend, which was pretty cool. Most of the cars there werent really my thing, but there was some really cool BMW's and older benz's that i enjoyed. Leavenworth is just a cool place in general, and the Highway 2 route is just awesome.

Thats about it. Im not driving until Super D in august, so ill just be getting the car ready for that. I made an appointment to get my roof painted on the 1st, so that will be cool.

Comment

• Bummed I missed your car at Leavenworth
                    grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
                      Bummed I missed your car at Leavenworth
                      I parked down by the river so people wouldn’t see my car haha

Comment

• Alright update time. Got all of the fittings and components to put my oil cooler setup all together. Just driving around town and what not, my oil temp is considerably lower. it stays right around 180. we'll see how it does at the track next weekend.

Ever since i got this car, one thing i always ***** was the condition of the paint, especially the roof. Its gotten worse over the years, and was at the point where there was practically no clear left on the roof. I finally got that addressed. I thought about just getting it resprayed the stock color, but i thought it'd be cool to do something kinda cool and different (for this chassis at least).

My dad had a blue 60's mustang back in the day before he had kids, so i thought it'd be cool to do the roof blue, but with some lace. I know lace roofs and shit has been around for like half a century, so its far from original, but i think stuff like that is super rad. I think the color is Cobalt Candy Blue, or something that, then theres a little flake in the clear. I'm supposed to take it back in like a month after its fully cured to get cut and buffed so everything smoothed out, but i found a spot where the paint is chipping right where the tape line is. Im not sure if its due to poor prep or what, but Its a bummer. Im not too sure how thats gonna work out. Maybe ill total it at Super D, stay tuned i guess?

Comment

• I LOVE laced roofs, was super excited when taylor ray got the miata's hardtop done in that style, super classy stuff.
                          Hope you don't total it after all this work

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• yeah... was always gonna do a lace roof myself, and never got around to it. looks good

Comment

• Shit its been a while. I'm sue I'm going to miss some stuff, but ill fill it in as well as i can remember.

So after getting the roof laced, i was petty much ready for Super D. Headed down after work. Got the tack and unloaded the car, set up tents and went to bed. woke up and had the drivers meeting, there were 2 practice sessions, and then qualifying sessions. For some reason, i can't get my car to downshift into second. I'm not sure if its because of the solid mounted shifter, 260k mile trans, too much movement or what. so id have to straighten out to downshift, then get back in it. so i didn't qualify. the second half of sunday was an open drift with everyone, and that was a blast. heres a couple photos from that,

so the first time i met Palmer was when i still lived in kansas, years before i moved. so for me, getting to do some laps with him was pretty fucking cool lol.

Thats a short summary on super d

Comment

• after super d, i traded wheels with a homie, and got new aero. Non m front with acs valence off of eBay, and shitty fitting e46 skirts. still need to get a rear bumper, but i like the look a lot.

I wanted to do one more event for the year. went out to spr and had fun of a little bit

then about halfway through the day on the front straight, my inner ball joint snapped on the first turn. luckily i had slowed down a lot since the first turn is almost ling a big hairpin. if it happen in the top of third before initiating, things could have been much worse

luckily my friend was able to trailer it home. this is where the offseason work comes in, so this is it for now. i still have some catching up to do on this thread to get things current, which ill do throughout the week hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X