Bagged or Static E30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged or Static E30.

Just going to make it simple. I know there are threads but I rather come back and look at my own forum everytime I need help. Tired of opening 600 forums trying too remember what each person said lol. I would like too bag my car but anyone who owns a E30 I'm sure they know it ain't cheap. I'll be running 16x9 whistler kr7 +15 I've got the spacer information tire and all that. Now I'm just stuck on what is going too be the cheapest route for the best of my money. I've seen people post e30 with coilovers but I have no clue if they are maxed out because they never answer. I want too get as low too the ground but pictures of how long each coilover can do on the max point would be great and if the wheels were in similar spec even better. If anything what is the cheapest air route I know universal air strut in the front and bellow in the rear but I need a management as well. Looking for the cheapest air management or the lowest coilover company that still have a decent ride. So far is found 2600$ too be the cheapest air ride setup 💀

Before you make any moves you must first realize that "cheap" and a proper air ride set up usually don't work out unless you are experienced and know how to source parts and DIY. Secondly there are many quality coilover kits out there that will get you low on an E30 especially if you are willing to shorten the strut housings, KW, ground control BC's ect..... Any build plan that originates around the word cheap is probably not a good one. Slow down and wait until you have the means for quality/premium products and you will be satisfied with your car and the money invested.....my $0.002.
    Last edited by getouth; 10-14-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Before you make any moves you must first realize that "cheap" and a proper air ride set up usually don't work out unless you are experienced and know how to source parts and DIY

Comment

Well... My set up is stock housings that aren't cut, with ground control spring adjusters and eibac springs.

I'm looking to do the whole iX shocks and shorten the housings ~1.5 inches as this is basically where they bottom out, it has travel but on a heavy bump I can hit the bump stops.

The rear is easy, I could spin my coils down another like 2 inches, maybe a little more And then get shorter springs for even more

My springs are 500lb F 600lb R springs, but go 700 rear as 600 is a little light when paired with 500 front. 600R would be better with ~450 front rate.

This is 16x8 +13 front and +10 rear, in the first pic when they're white the rear is +20. that was old 225/45 set up, new 205/50 set up doesn't rub at all.

Edit: new tire set up
        Last edited by DER E30; 11-12-2015, 11:09 PM.
        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Working...
        X