Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill say with som more camber and slight pull you'll be fine. There is 0 camber going on now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71camaro View Post
      Hey man, I've rolled a few cars with an Eastwood roller, turned out pretty well, but I've got a project I am working on now and need a few tips. The car is a D2 S8, so aluminum panels, and I need to pull the rears a hair to fit the wheels I'm going to run. I want to maintain the stock roll on the fenders/quarters though. Any advice on how to get just a tad more out room out of the rears without making the lines look too modified? I'd like to avoid respraying or doing much in the way of bodywork with a welder/mud.

This kind of car/this roll that I'm attempting to keep:

Those are such cool cars! ... but a pain to work on, lol.

The biggest issues on the rear are that the whole car is made of aluminum, and the rear has no fender lip. It is possible to push out the rear very slightly, but dont go past a few mil.
      First test fit the wheels and see exactly where your rub will be, most Audis tend to rub near the rear ( 2 o'clock position ) on the back fender/quarter. you will have to pull the whole arc of the fender to maintain the line, even if the top of the fender is claer of rubbing, work very slowly and keep test fitting the wheels to see if you are clear ( it takes a lot of time but its better to not over pull ).
      Use a lot of heat and apply even pressure to the panel as you roll ( dont try to roll a small section at a time ). Auto grade aluminum is very prone to kink and crack, so treat it very carefully as you work.

Originally posted by richmeyer View Post
      Let me start by saying I'm a total newb to the fitment scene. The BBK I installed forced me to use a 10mm spacer up front, pushing an already aggressive fitment, even further out. Would it be even possible to pull the fenders enough to make this work?

It looks possible, but look into adding some camber as mentioned before. The fronts can be pulled pretty good, the rears not so much. ( no lip on the rears )
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Thanks for the help guys. I know its TONS of poke but I friggin love the wheels. Might just have to pull the Cayenne brakes and go back to stock. That would pull the wheels in 10mm. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post

The biggest issues on the rear are that the whole car is made of aluminum, and the rear has no fender lip. It is possible to push out the rear very slightly, but dont go past a few mil.
          First test fit the wheels and see exactly where your rub will be, most Audis tend to rub near the rear ( 2 o'clock position ) on the back fender/quarter. you will have to pull the whole arc of the fender to maintain the line, even if the top of the fender is claer of rubbing, work very slowly and keep test fitting the wheels to see if you are clear ( it takes a lot of time but its better to not over pull ).
          Use a lot of heat and apply even pressure to the panel as you roll ( dont try to roll a small section at a time ). Auto grade aluminum is very prone to kink and crack, so treat it very carefully as you work.
          Every little bit will help. I may have to mill the wheel and the rotor a couple mm as well. Trying to somehow make 12 et20 work. The pics above were 9.5 et10, so I'm looking at 22mm extra poke, but also trying to tuck the quarter into the gap at the bead on the wheels. Let's say that'll take care of 10mm, then a pull takes care of 3-5, camber and perhaps milling the rotors/backpad take care of the rest.

Comment

Every little bit will help. I may have to mill the wheel and the rotor a couple mm as well. Trying to somehow make 12 et20 work. The pics above were 9.5 et10, so I'm looking at 22mm extra poke, but also trying to tuck the quarter into the gap at the bead on the wheels. Let's say that'll take care of 10mm, then a pull takes care of 3-5, camber and perhaps milling the rotors/backpad take care of the rest.

Comment

• milling the pad and camber can really help.
              Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• You do some excellent work!

Comment

• Thanks dude

Comment

• excellent work, man. i had a quick question though. do you have any experience with the 09+ honda fits? if so, any pointers? i'm way down in florida, otherwise i'd go to you for my fender rolling/pulling services lol.

Comment

• ur good i love your 30!
                      IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Sorry if you covered the LS430 already, but I am about to give it a go myself.

I have been reading to roll the fronts but it is not even needed most of the time...but if you do, to cut off the fender liner brackets, otherwise you may dimple the fenders?

And for the rear, everyone is saying to shave...some mention a belt sander as a good way to go? Just run a low grit to eat up the metal, and then a fine grit to smooth it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickocosmic View Post
                          excellent work, man. i had a quick question though. do you have any experience with the 09+ honda fits? if so, any pointers? i'm way down in florida, otherwise i'd go to you for my fender rolling/pulling services lol.
                          The fenders are VERY soft on the fit, so roll them with extreme care, its easy to overdo it and buckle the panel, seen it done a few times.
                          Depending on you fitment, the bumper tabs may be an issue. you may have to remove the tabs and re position them.

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                          ur good i love your 30!
                          Thanks dude.

Originally posted by C8V6C View Post
                          Sorry if you covered the LS430 already, but I am about to give it a go myself.

I have been reading to roll the fronts but it is not even needed most of the time...but if you do, to cut off the fender liner brackets, otherwise you may dimple the fenders?

And for the rear, everyone is saying to shave...some mention a belt sander as a good way to go? Just run a low grit to eat up the metal, and then a fine grit to smooth it out?
                          Never roll the LS Lexus, front or rear. its not the tabs that cause the dimples, its the holes that are left once you remove the trim strip thats screwed into the fender lips.
                          Shave them with anything you are comfortable using. Be careful not to heat the metal too much with the sander, you'll burn the paint. Just take it slow and you'll be fine

Comment

• Your experience on so many platforms is awesome! Thanks for all the advice.

My issue is with the rear of my e36. I've removed the sealer, rolled the lip flat and achieved a mild pull. Now I need to get a more aggressive pull, but the problem is my roller (homemade) won't work now that I've switched to studs.

Do you think I can get some additional pull with a slide hammer or hammer/dolly?
                            025garage

Comment

• Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                              Your experience on so many platforms is awesome! Thanks for all the advice.

My issue is with the rear of my e36. I've removed the sealer, rolled the lip flat and achieved a mild pull. Now I need to get a more aggressive pull, but the problem is my roller (homemade) won't work now that I've switched to studs.

Do you think I can get some additional pull with a slide hammer or hammer/dolly?
                              Thanks, I love cars dude, its always fun to work on a new car thats a challenge.

I would try to rent a roller, unless you have experience with hammer and dolly work, you can get a nice pull but it will take a lot of care to get it nice and even without having to come back with a skim of bondo.

the slide hammer is a no no.

Its possible to pull the quarter with porter power type jack, i've done it a few times. works good but again not a job for the faint hearted.

Comment

The fenders are VERY soft on the fit, so roll them with extreme care, its easy to overdo it and buckle the panel, seen it done a few times.
                                Depending on you fitment, the bumper tabs may be an issue. you may have to remove the tabs and re position them.
                                thanks for the reply on that. i'm shooting for 16x8 et20, with 205/50s and about a degree or so of camber up front via some camber bolts. have you encountered any issues with the tabs and this setup? thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X