Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Subis can be a major pain in the ass to do correctly... there are a few tricks but the main thing is not to overpull the quarter... which you managed to do.
    The problem is that you have pulled the metal too much and because the Subaru has such thin quarters ( its two layers that are almost Coke can thin ), the center has pulled and eitheir side has bowed in.

Normally the best thing to do ( I have to correct dozens of these for people who try to roll their own fenders ) is to adjust the bumper corner by slotting the bumper tab. You can pull the bumper corner out a tiny bit and make it line up with the pulled quarter. It wont be perfect but it will look a lot better. DO NOT try to reshape the metal or try to pull the quarter more to meet the bumper. that will buckle and/or dent it.
    Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• Quick question, may be a silly one but here it goes. Is it possible to roll rear fenders that have minor bubbling?
      2002 Infiniti I35 ( 6 speed swap in progress )
      2004 Nissan Maxima SE 6 speed ( Closest car to being "stanced" )
      2003 Nissan Maxima SE 6 Speed
      2002 Lincoln LS
      On the verge of being Stanced

Comment

• If the bubbling is from rust under the paint on the arch it might not be a good idea.
        You could work the area with a hammer and dolly very carefully if the rust is not too bad, but use your judgement on how bad things look before you attempt it.
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• opinions on a knockoff fender rolling tool off ebay for $60????

Comment

• Originally posted by shippedout View Post
            Quick question, may be a silly one but here it goes. Is it possible to roll rear fenders that have minor bubbling?
            I have only rolled and pulled my own E36, but it had one fender with minor bubbling. That fender tore apart from several places as the rust had already gone too deep. This was only after serious pulling, but I would still not do it UNLESS you plan on doing some bodywork.

Image is after sandblasting the rear fender:

Comment

• dont buy knockoff stuff, its a false economy

that fender looks like it has had relief cuts before being rolled... NEVER do this. the metal will split and warp.

If the fender has more than minor surface rust DO NOT try to roll/pull it.

Comment

• Hey whats up tony I'm getting ready to roll the fenders on my e36 and i wanted to know what advice you could give me before i start. I need to fit 17x10 -4 et , what steps should i take , i just purchased a eastwood fender roller and heat gun

Comment

• Feel free to call me 818 368 4395. LANDLINE number

on the e36 your choice of tire will make all the difference, aside from that just follow the steps i've outlined before with the e36

Comment

• Have u ever rolled the fenders on a w124/w201 Benz? Was thinking about doing it myself but they are more of a square shape then the normal round wheel well so kinda skeptical about doin it.

Comment

• i've a few, including one of my own, do it by hand, hammer and dolly style

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post

Normally the best thing to do ( I have to correct dozens of these for people who try to roll their own fenders ) is to adjust the bumper corner by slotting the bumper tab. You can pull the bumper corner out a tiny bit and make it line up with the pulled quarter. It wont be perfect but it will look a lot better. DO NOT try to reshape the metal or try to pull the quarter more to meet the bumper. that will buckle and/or dent it.

What exactly do you mean by this? Can you possibly post a picture. I did my own quarters/fenders and they came out pretty good. I may have pulled them out a bit too much as the bumper looks like the picture of that blue Subaru posted above. When you say slotting the corner do you mean putting a small notch in it? To allow it to come out slightly?

Comment

• Hey there. Sorry I have not been on the Forum that much lately. But you can now find me on Facebook and Instagram at fenderrollingbytony
                          Last edited by zoo; 12-26-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• saw a shop doing fender rolling by dropping the car on catalogues/yellow pages.

Comment

Working...
                            X