Audi A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi A4

Hi, I thought that I should make a write-up about my car!

Well, I bought 2009 Audi A3 at August 2013.
    First things to do (obviously) were getting new coilovers and wheels.
    I decided to order BC Raging BR Coilover kit and also found set of RH ZW4's with 8,5+10x18 specs.
    The paint was worn so I repainted them, polished the lips and got new Ti-Ni plated bolts:

As seen in the pic, car sat really high because of those thick tires.
    Instead of getting new tires I ordered a set of Airlift Performance bags.
    Rest of the air suspension system included SMC valves, Viair 444C and a 5 gallon air tank. This is how the car looked at summer 2014:

So, for the '15 season I got a set of Audi Speedlines in 9x19" et33.
    I painted them with impreza dark grey metallic and put on S3 oem front bumper and new side skirts along with S3 rear spoiler.

July 2015 it was time to get some new wheels (again) and I got BBS LM155's. The specs are 9,5x19 et32.

The centers were a bit dull in titan grey so they got ceramic polished. I also facemounted them to get some clearance with the fenders. Et changed 8mm from 32 to 40.
    New front grill installed too!
    I was taking a picture of my gf with Audi when a friend of mine (who actually sold these BBS's to me) took a "behind the scenes" shot

Last month I got tired of this car so I sold it and got a new project.
    If anyone wants more pictures or details about A3 just ask.

New car is Audi A4 2009. It has some nice equipments like sport interior, black headliner, Bang & Olufsen audio system etc. The Phantom black pearl effect body paint is above of all though.

Just a week after getting this car I ordered Airlift Performance full kit and updated the control system to Autopilot V2. Compressor and tank were left from A3.

I painted brake calibers with satin black while installing air suspension.

To match the new car better, Le Mans centers were powder coated. Yes, over the ceramic polished aluminum. We'll see how that holds on daily use.

I painted speedlines with Mercedes Brilliant silver and polished the lips to get a fresh look.

As you can see, I prefer tucking the wheels in order to use full potential of air suspension and allow lower driving height.

Some parts are on their way; new RS look front grill and fog light grilles.
    I might get the windows tinted a little anytime soon.

I'll keep you posted
    Last edited by enraa; 03-25-2018, 01:31 AM.

Front end is looking good for now, couple of pics:

I also bought a set of Rotiform NUE's for winter:

Comment

clean car. Nice wheel and drop.
      Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

The next time when your GF is posing, buy her some proper shoes.
        Looks better on the pics and girls love new shoes. Win-win for everyone!
        Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
        Oh, and your car too.

Comment

After another busy year it's time to update this thread..
          I installed audi parking system plus.. Really makes parallel parking and backing up in the garage easier

Then I retrofitted MFSW and Leather alcantara seats + door cards.

It was really a shame that my car didnt have interior lightning package so I made this wiring harness by myself.
          I installed 23 new light sources in total:
          - Puddle + warning light in each door
          - Door handle illumination
          - Dashboard vent illumination
          - Footwell lights
          - Ambient lightning

Next I rebuilt the trunk setup and got a second Viair 444C. I am a great fan of Air Lift products so backlit Air Lift logo was a must:

LM's were repolished and powdercoated. Something different this time:

S4 brakes installed, and front end converted to 2013 S4 facelift. Tail lights were coated with candy red too

Comment

Radical

Comment

r8 this 8/8

Comment

Love the new color on the lm's!

Car is sitting awesome!

Comment

looks beautiful
                  Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                  and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                  S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Thanks guys

Roads here in Finland are covered with salt really early in the winter. I dont want to drive in the salty roads with Lemans's so I bought Q7 oem wheels from ebay; they are 20x10" et44, 5x130.
                    Adapters are 20mm front + 15mm rear.

Quick test fit, rear wheel arch killed:

Then I took the centers off and painted barrels with matte black. 4 layers of black paint for better durability. Powder coat would have been perfect, but i had no time to look for a company that does powder coating and wait for a couple weeks or so

Center caps were disassembled. I just painted them with metallic red paint and repolished the chrome parts.

To do list
                    - Proper cleaning to the centers with clay bar etc
                    - Sanding and polishing the lips
                    - Reassembling the wheels with new titanium bolts
                    - Mounting 245/30-20 tires

Comment

Well i've forgotten to update this, sorry about that!!

Anyways... I have sold the Audi to my brother. Last pics, BBS's were polished (for the 3rd time) and so on.. I also had RS5 original 20" rotors and 19" Rotifrom TMBs before the car was sold

I thougt that Mercedes w212 facelift is one of the best looking Merc's for a long time, so I bought one for daily driving. Unfortunately this car has a small diesel engine (220cdi) but at least it's a Premium Avantgarde. Also white color is easy to maintain in daily after that horrible black pearl effect Audi.

It turns out that I still have a some sort of brain damage.. I ordered K-sport air suspension kit and oem AMG styling front bumper before I even had the car. How to ruin a daily..

Got rid off the spare tire and installed Viair 380C dual kit and couple of 3 gallon air tanks. Autopilot controller is hidden behind that trimmed panel on the right.
                      Not a showstopper but looks quite nice.

I painted the interior trims glossy black. Way better than brown wood. I really like this color combination; all black with brown seats and aluminum parts

18" AMG original wheels for winter season. Side windows tinted.

I needed something to work on so I got a w115. This thing is absolutely hideous but let's see if that can be changed..

Torn apart

Doors, fenders, floor etc sand-blasted, welded and primered..

Body painted. Same white (polarweiss 149) as the w212

Floors cleaned, sanded and painted with rost-stop and metal paint

I bought a set of 16" BBS RS. I took the centers to be ceramic polished. Wider lips ordered too, should be here by next tuesday.
                      Bags will bee slam specialties SS5's in the front and universal air Aero Sport in the back.

I will take the engine off next winter and paint the engine bay too. It was too much for this winter
                      Last edited by enraa; 04-02-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

The new W212 looks great! I love the way they look, especially with the changes you've made. Can't wait to see that W115 finished up as well!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Man, you have great taste on the cars and mods! Sub’d!
                          F30 320i from Brazil...

Comment

These are incredible builds! Sub'd.

Comment

Hi again, thanks for feedback!

I spent a couple of days in the garage (literally two whole days) and this is how things turned out:
                              BBS RS assembled. They're 8,5x16 and 9x16.
                              New outer lips, new hardware, painted barrels with matte black etc.
                              Still trying to figure out what to do with the center nuts, i've been thinking about gold metallic paint or polished aluminium but we'll see.

Air suspension assembled. The hardest part was to measure the rear brackets; shock absorber is in its original place inside the airbag, but there is not nearly as much room inside that Aero Sport bag than in coil spring.
                              I remembered to take some photos along the process.. Usually I just make things ready until I take my phone out of the pocket.

Lower rear bracket. Those welded nuts hold shock absorber in place and of course also double as bracket holders.

Upper.. Note that I tried to make as much room as possible for the shock as it moves a littlebit (about 0,5 inches) in suspension travel.

Front backets, very simple design here.. Lower has some angle in it to make sure bag sits straight when aired out.

Front bag in place, works like a charm. I had to cut the subframe littlebit to make room for the bag.

All done. Not beautiful but seems to fit and work ok. I will properly weld and paint them later

Front @100psi

Front @??psi, not aired out all the way but almost..

Rear @100psi

Rear aired out

ps. how can I change the topic name??

Comment

Working...
                              X