No announcement yet.

1972 Mercedes 250C (OG - Los Angeles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

took her to the local Bob's Big Boy meet. Pretty dead cuz of Thanksgiving. Not the best shot. There was a very clean Bagged Cadi.

Comment

Wow, that's stunning... Is that a '49?
      Lucas
      Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
      Originally posted by LCG
      High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
        Wow, that's stunning... Is that a '49?
        yes sir. didn't get a chance to chat with him about his Cadi but you can tell it was his baby.

Comment

Comment

That coupe! I LOVE it, well done Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Suburuuh View Post
              That coupe! I LOVE it, well done Sir!
              Thank you brother!

Comment

Testing out the candy paint

Comment

Nice! :-p

love those cars!

Comment

Engine Bay. Still in the process of cleaning it up. Everything is mechanically sound. My goal isn't to make the bay show quality. I like to see an honest engine with everything nice and tidy. Next step is to degrease and steam clean.

Comment

Looks great! A word of advice from a fellow 72 Merc owner...always adjust the height of the vehicle while MOVING. The rear axle is a split axle, and the right wheel will physically move in and out as the rear moves up and down to compensate for the suspension angle. There's a big (and EXPENSIVE) rubber bushing in the back of the trunk that keeps the differential in the right position. If the wheel isn't allowed to move in and out when the car bobs up and down to adjust for the angle, guess where that force goes? Right into that $270 chunk of rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by andratch View Post
                        Looks great! A word of advice from a fellow 72 Merc owner...always adjust the height of the vehicle while MOVING. The rear axle is a split axle, and the right wheel will physically move in and out as the rear moves up and down to compensate for the suspension angle. There's a big (and EXPENSIVE) rubber bushing in the back of the trunk that keeps the differential in the right position. If the wheel isn't allowed to move in and out when the car bobs up and down to adjust for the angle, guess where that force goes? Right into that $270 chunk of rubber.
                        Thanks andratch. I'll double check that bushing and see what state it's in.

Comment

Vid of the W114 first start, after a top end rebuild. There was a small fuel leak that was just the fuel line needing to be tightened. Next up Zenith carbs rebuild. That buzz noise is the air pump for the bags.

Last edited by fickroxz; 01-03-2016, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Picked up some body matched hubs today. The color is spot on but they're are more beat up than I wanted. Oh well, can never have to many hubs!

Last edited by fickroxz; 01-25-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Looks so good dude.
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Trying out a set of cat eye lids. Yay or Nay? Not my original idea. There's another SW member with a W114 who had a set of these on but I can't remember his handle. Anyway, thanks again for the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X