Redrilling wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

redrilling a wheel is not something I would cheap out on

saw this at the Gillis meet a while back and it scared me (sorry if you're a member on here)

Comment

Originally posted by riffman12 View Post
      redrilling a wheel is not something I would cheap out on

saw this at the Gillis meet a while back and it scared me (sorry if you're a member on here)

That's the kid with the 4 door civic with that giant exhaust piping. I saw his pics on here and they scare the shit out of me too.

Comment

Actually, that's how the come from japan. They dual drill a 4x114.3 and 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

You can pay RB wheels 150-200 to redrill/insert if that's what you want. They don't do it themselves and don't pay the shop doing the drilling that much. Like I said, $80 a set max.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeClass View Post
          Actually, that's how the come from japan. They dual drill a 4x114.3 and 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

You can pay RB wheels 150-200 to redrill/insert if that's what you want. They don't do it themselves and don't pay the shop doing the drilling that much. Like I said, $80 a set max.
          whats the name of the shop you had yours done at very interested

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with that redrill. Lug bolts dont actually hold the wheel in place. Friction from the backpad to the hub is what keeps it from moving around. The bolts just provide enough clamping force to attain that friction.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

when i had mine done by RB, they were 250$ shipped to do them. im 95% sure that RB outsources theirs to motorsports tech.
              Crooked Euros

Comment

Make sure they drill the holes big enough for a lug to fit !
                - i got my bbs redrilled for $200 before rb shipped them to my house, then after i re-built the whole wheel and started test fitting them on my car i found out that some of the lugs wouldn't fit because the holes weren't big enough and i had to get a few of them widened by a friend.

rbwheels does great work but make sure you tell them to make sure lug nuts can fit in the hole before shipping out the wheel

Comment

Make sure they drill the holes big enough for a lug to fit !
                  - i got my bbs redrilled for $200 before rb shipped them to my house, then after i re-built the whole wheel and started test fitting them on my car i found out that some of the lugs wouldn't fit because the holes weren't big enough and i had to get a few of them widened by a friend.

rbwheels does great work but make sure you tell them to make sure lug nuts can fit in the hole before shipping out the wheel
                  There are about 5 sizes of inserts, from .52" (13mm) to .69 (17mm). If you're going to insert your wheels tell them to use a .63 insert (16mm), so that 14mm lug bolts fit. All Audi, VW, Mini, and 03+ Mercedes use 14mm lug bolts.

When there isn't enough room they need to do a tuner size lug hole. You will need to find 14mm tuner lugs. I think your wheels where drilled to accept 12mm bolts. I had a set of wheels drilled tuner lug style because there wasn't enough room for a larger seat. I just bought tuner lug bolts and everything was fine.

To answer the OPs problem...
                  Can anyone offer help or pointers into redrilling some wheels. I have a w140 s class and just acquired some 18inch monoblocks for a w210. The difference is 2mm in the lugs(14mm pitch for the s and 12mm for the e class wheels) and was wondering who could drill (locally to the MAR or nationally) them out of if I should just sell the wheels again. I just love the monoblocks and the offset of the w210 would look awesome on the w140. Any help is appreciated.
                  Those wheels use a ball seat, 12mm seats and 14mm seats are different ( wider ). You can insert them so you can use conical bolts or have the seat drilled to accept conical bolts too.
                  Last edited by SeeClass; 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAGOe46 View Post
                    Let me just say that those look sick on your car. Honestly i was thinking recently that the stock g35 wheels would look sick on my e46! Just the opposite!

The work looks top notch, I wish I knew someone in NYC that did this? How much did it cost?
                    Wheel Collision in Bath, Pa, about 1½ hr. from you in NYC offers redrilling services.

Comment

wobble bolts will do the trick
                      E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                      E36 M3 Mugello rot
                      GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                      https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool View Post
                        Wheel Collision in Bath, Pa, about 1½ hr. from you in NYC offers redrilling services.
                        Thank you!

Comment

should be a sticky

Comment

Working...
                          X