Redrilling wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redrilling wheels.

Can anyone offer help or pointers into redrilling some wheels. I have a w140 s class and just acquired some 18inch monoblocks for a w210. The difference is 2mm in the lugs(14mm pitch for the s and 12mm for the e class wheels) and was wondering who could drill (locally to the MAR or nationally) them out of if I should just sell the wheels again. I just love the monoblocks and the offset of the w210 would look awesome on the w140. Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by drewtn87 View Post
    Can anyone offer help or pointers into redrilling some wheels. I have a w140 s class and just acquired some 18inch monoblocks for a w210. The difference is 2mm in the lugs(14mm pitch for the s and 12mm for the e class wheels) and was wondering who could drill (locally to the MAR or nationally) them out of if I should just sell the wheels again. I just love the monoblocks and the offset of the w210 would look awesome on the w140. Any help is appreciated.
    i just redrilled mine. team 3 wheel in san leandro, ca took a day locally and i went from 5x120 to 5x114.3 didnt look bad at all.

Comment

Let me just say that those look sick on your car. Honestly i was thinking recently that the stock g35 wheels would look sick on my e46! Just the opposite!

The work looks top notch, I wish I knew someone in NYC that did this? How much did it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by LAGOe46 View Post
        Let me just say that those look sick on your car. Honestly i was thinking recently that the stock g35 wheels would look sick on my e46! Just the opposite!

The work looks top notch, I wish I knew someone in NYC that did this? How much did it cost?
        Thanks man, well i have a set in my garage if you wanna buy em lol. I paid $250 for the redrill.

Comment

Originally posted by Archtkt View Post
          nice. love the neighbor in the background with the wtf are you doing look

Comment

We can redrill those easily for you.

Rotiform Refurbishing Service
            Rotiform Custom Powdercoating
            Check out the Rotiform daily blog on Facebook

Comment

Have you looked into wobble bolts?

Comment

I thought I heard that only some BBS RS can be re-drilled, something to do with the back? I am looking to get my RSs that came off of a 635 onto my 911. So going from 5 x 120mm to 5 x 1130mm. Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheaper View Post
                  I thought I heard that only some BBS RS can be re-drilled, something to do with the back? I am looking to get my RSs that came off of a 635 onto my 911. So going from 5 x 120mm to 5 x 1130mm. Is this possible?
                  There are different methods depending on the wheel. Provided the hub bore isnt too large you should have a problem going from 5x120 to (im guessing) 5x130 Its only a 5mm difference in radius.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

there is soooo many 5x130 sets out there. why ruin a 5x120 set ?

you have to look at the back pad, a flat back pad is best for a redrill as it will support the new pattern fully. a bolt pattern specific wheel will have to be filled in the rear or if you dont fill the rear it will have voids where your lugs are. either one can be worked around, but flat back is better.

i have a set of futuras that are perfect for a 4x100 drill if anyone is looking for a set of sick wheels

rotiform does nice work but they are on the expensive side. check them out if your not on a tight budget.

goodluck

Comment

You get what you pay for. I went cheap on my first redrill, never again.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                        You get what you pay for. I went cheap on my first redrill, never again.
                        you can get quality for less.not to talking down on Roti, they do nice work, but quality can be had for less.

Comment

You can insert wheels up to 8mm either way with a big insert ( large hole ). If you want smaller inserts you can only do about 4-5mm. I paid about $18 per wheel to have these drilled and inserted.

Comment

RB motoring redrilled my RS'
                            Crooked Euros

Comment

Originally posted by SeeClass View Post
                              You can insert wheels up to 8mm either way with a big insert ( large hole ). If you want smaller inserts you can only do about 4-5mm. I paid about $18 per wheel to have these drilled and inserted.

now that is interesting! i hadnt heard of that method before, i will need to remember this. thanks for sharing!
                              *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                              blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Working...
                              X