Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much bumpy on coilovers #shittyride

Hello

So recently I've changed from sport suspension to coilovers in want to go a little lower. Rear side dropped really nice, but the front stayed at the same height as before. So me and my friend took helper springs out so I got another 3cm to drop the car. Now the car sits pretty much on perfect height.
    The only problem is that the ride is sh*t. I mean even when you think you're driving on a nice road, the car would bump and jump... and when you get to the rough surface that's where it gets serious. Many times I can feel that when going into really crappy road the car would jump that much that for a moment my tires loose traction with the surface. I have been driven in some other coilovers (also cheap ones) and the ride was much better (stiff ride, but almost no bumping, jumping..).
    Will cutting bumpstops prevent or reduce bumpiness? Maybe I will also raise the car for 1 cm just so that coilovers are not on the lowest setting.
    BTW I cannot adjust stiffnes, only ride height.

I need people with experience.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by whiteghost View Post
    Hello

So recently I've changed from sport suspension to coilovers in want to go a little lower. Rear side dropped really nice, but the front stayed at the same height as before. So me and my friend took helper springs out so I got another 3cm to drop the car. Now the car sits pretty much on perfect height.
    The only problem is that the ride is sh*t. I mean even when you think you're driving on a nice road, the car would bump and jump... and when you get to the rough surface that's where it gets serious. Many times I can feel that when going into really crappy road the car would jump that much that for a moment my tires loose traction with the surface. I have been driven in some other coilovers (also cheap ones) and the ride was much better (stiff ride, but almost no bumping, jumping..).
    Will cutting bumpstops prevent or reduce bumpiness? Maybe I will also raise the car for 1 cm just so that coilovers are not on the lowest setting.
    BTW I cannot adjust stiffnes, only ride height.

I need people with experience.

Thanks in advance
    cut or remove the bumpstops, You are riding on them leading to a crap ride.
    Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Comment

I cut them, not sure about removing them (unsafe in my oppinion). The ride quality improved: Check

Comment

be specific, what coils? what car? and the rear end of cars naturally will sit lower than the front. compensate by lowering the front more than the rear in order to achieve no rake or an even ride height.
        @davidcharloff

Comment

Working...
        X