Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A life long dream come true. *supra content*

Quote Originally Posted by JHermes View Post
    very nice and clean man!
    are there any future plans?

and im really curious to see the interior
    keep it up.

(that front lip though, LipGasm for me)
    Thanks for the love! Short term plans(for the rest of my time in Okinawa) are pretty small/simple. New tires will be ordered soon, and I'd like to do a few things to the interior as you referenced but mainly just make little improvements here and there, get some seat time at the track to dial everything in/identify weak area and enjoy! Once the car gets back stateside it's going to undergo a full teardown and rebuild. I'm thinking do luck kit, body work and paint, completely redone interior, fully replaced or upgraded running gear, and big turbo/e85/N2O. But that's not for a couple years, and once I start that phase, I'm going to take my time and do things right, as long as it takes to have the best possible quality, even if it takes a couple years to complete.

Loving this camera so far!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
    Last edited by EricT93; 09-26-2017 at 02:11 AM.

A good photographer friend of mine tagged along on this weekend's cruise to the mountains to see the cherry blossoms and he took this dope shot!

Roller!

Untitled

I got new tires this weekend aswell so I had to give the old ones a proper send off.

A video posted by Eric T. (@erict93) on

Last edited by EricT93; 09-26-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Awesome new shots Eric
    IG: @blk_A45

In preparation for this past week's track day, I raised and fine tuned the suspension a bit. It may go against my inner #lowlife but the improvements in handling and ride are indisputable and to be honest I think it looks better this way. It rode and handled well before especially given the lowness, but now its so smooth while still being firm and predictable, I honestly don't foresee myself going any lower any time soon. Here's how she sits now.

Untitled

Here's some of the trackday footage.

Last edited by EricT93; 09-26-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Still looks great! A little bit of practicality doesn't go astray anyway, and you could probably fit some meatier tyres up front now without a worry. ;P

Are you basically using 1st and 2nd gear in that course?

Ah, no kidding, it does look pretty tight but still fun. Not many options then. :| We have one track I'm meaning to get out to when car is where I want it to be for the moment (awaiting Evo 5 Brembo, hub/LCA conversion), which I think is about $120AUD for a day practice, about 2 hours away. A new motorsport facility is being constructed about an hour south though, so will be interesting to see the prices there...

Hola ladies and gents, here's a few updates for you. I got my hands on a set of 4 Pot UCF20 calipers, sprayed them, and swapped them out for the crappy 2 pots. The improved performance is awesome and I have to admit, they look pretty gnarly behind the meisters.

Untitled

I also got a few madjdmtyte interior parts to spruce up the cockpit a bit. It's just a steering wheel, boost gauge, shift knob, and supra specific pedal covers but I think it mades a noticable difference in both looks and feel, a mix of sport and class that I've tried to impliment throughout the entire car.

Untitled

Sitting prettty.

Untitled
    Last edited by EricT93; 09-26-2017 at 02:21 AM.

I had a blast at the track this past weekend!

A video posted by Eric T. (@erict93) on

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
    Last edited by EricT93; 09-26-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Very nice man, can't wait till my car is in a state to hit our local track.

This thread never disappoints..

Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    Very nice man, can't wait till my car is in a state to hit our local track.
    Nothing beats putting your hard work to the test!

Quote Originally Posted by btns44 View Post
    This thread never disappoints..
    Too kind!

I picked up a CPL filter and I'm very pleased with the results!

Untitled

Also, I'm going to start regularly posting videos on my YouTube Channel. The videos willl include build progress with the Supra, other local builds, racing, as well as the awesome automotive culture here in Japan. Please check out the channel and some of the videos already uploaded and if you like what you see, SUBSCRIBE and let me know your thoughts in the comments. Thanks!

LINK
    Last edited by EricT93; 09-26-2017 at 02:58 AM.

15. Default

Damn, I knew this car looked familiar! See you parked across from the Bx/car sale lot. Not too many wingless Supras slammed on some WorkMeisters around here.

December 2016 was quite a busy month for the car! We did a detail day where the car got a full pampering including headlight refinishing, metal (wheel lip and exhaust tip) polishing, wash, clay bar, and wax/Jetseal. After the detail day, I got a phenomenal deal on a set of now discontinued 97+ Tail lights. After Christmas the rear windows got some fresh 5% tiny, and finally after months of preparation I was able to install a set of Recaro SR3 Confettis which were actually a rare factory option in the car, thanks to my wife getting a pair of seat rails for me for Christmas. Here's a short instagram clip of some of the updates which was cut from my most recent Cars and Coffee Okinawa video, and below is full update video on all of the updates from my YouTube channel. Hopefully I'll have some time to do a nice photoshoot to showcase the subtle yet effective upgrades!

Laguna Beach,CA Glendale, AZ Soon to be Boston

Okay well this makes me want a supra even more than I already did before...and I have a savings account dedicated to buying one haha. Also this is my new wallpaper, so so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Kid View Post
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

A Supra is my favorite car ever, but I knew nothing about that lip option, that's so neat!! Great thread aswell, lovely Supra, looks like It's in great hands!

Quote Originally Posted by 190Evan View Post
    Okay well this makes me want a supra even more than I already did before...and I have a savings account dedicated to buying one haha. Also this is my new wallpaper, so so cool.
    I'm honored! Just keep working and saving towards that goal man, you never know what opertunities life brings. I didn't even plan on being able to have a Supra until my 30s and I was blessed with an opportunity to snag one at 23. It will happen man, all in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydro View Post
    A Supra is my favorite car ever, but I knew nothing about that lip option, that's so neat!! Great thread aswell, lovely Supra, looks like It's in great hands!
    Thank you!!

I picked up a 50mm lens for my dslr and took the Supra to a local dam for a sew test shots.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
    Last edited by EricT93; 09-26-2017 at 03:16 AM.

these shots are incredible! Think you could provide a link to the 50mm lens + CPL that you bought? I'm new to photography and have a D3200, but seeing these shots is truly inspiring. Great build, I look forward to seeing more on this thread!
    Some people will never understand it, why we do what we do.
    The busted knuckles and the late nights in the garage;
    it's more than a hobby or pastime, it's a lifestyle. We live it."

Instagram: @Stance_God
    My 93' EG Sedan Build ( Daily )
    My FC3S RX-7 Build

Dang, nice pics as always man. You're making me want a Supra now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf31 View Post
    these shots are incredible! Think you could provide a link to the 50mm lens + CPL that you bought? I'm new to photography and have a D3200, but seeing these shots is truly inspiring. Great build, I look forward to seeing more on this thread!
    Thanks man! I PM'd you the links to the stuff I grabbed. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    Dang, nice pics as always man. You're making me want a Supra now haha
    Thanks as always man.

Curious what lens you got also? Love that second shot down!

@cblock406