No announcement yet.

A life long dream come true. *supra content*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice stuff as always man. The refreshed wheels and tyres looks minto.

Comment

• I’ve been blessed with some pretty serious “come ups” with the Supra...Tein Street Flex coilovers in near new condition for $300, legit Work Meister S1s for $400 with tires, S2 tail lights for $100 plus my S1s, a matching pair of confetti Recaro SR3s for less than $500 with rails, but this has to be the best one yet! By some miracle I was able to snag a pair of S2 headlights for an even trade of my S1s. I bought the guy a case of beer and gave him a gift card as a token of gratitude because a straight trade would’ve been just too good to be true. They needed some TLC, but Bre'dell's Garage - Detailing Services got them looking fantastic! One day this car will be showered with brand new parts, but until then, I’ll keep rocking with the good quality second hand stuff. Still can’t believe all the deals I’ve had with this car, and hoping for more to keep coming!

Untitled
      Last edited by EricT93; 01-22-2018, 12:53 AM.
      sigpic
      Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

• holy shit your a lucky man with all the bargains. keep to see all the other stuff fitted. I love recaro confetti
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Cherry blossoms are in full bloom, so we headed up to the mountains to get some photos.

DSC_1680

DSC_1698

DSC_1683

DSC_1708

DSC_1723

DSC_1731

DSC_1730

DSC_1739
          sigpic

Comment

• So, so nice. I'm still jealous about your wheels haha

Comment

• I’d Love to see more of that surf!

Comment

• Originally posted by lmerani View Post
                I’d Love to see more of that surf!
                Ask and you shall receive! Not much changes to the wife's ride except smoking the amber turn signals and side markers.

Untitled

The main reason we got the surf was for safety, reliability, and space with the little one on the way, and this weekend it served its purpose bringing our boy home.
                Untitled
                sigpic

Comment

• Congratulations on the little one! and also the cherry blossom pictures look fantastic

Comment

• Here's a few more photos and updates for you guys.

Almost $90 to fill up!
                    Untitled

The sunsets in Okinawa are beautiful.
                    Untitled

90s Toyota green everywhere...yes the footwell lightining is factory
                    Untitled

Rainy days and functional fitment
                    Untitled

Got a 3D printed replica keychain of my license plate which looks rad with my titanium Supra script key
                    Untitled

Such a beautiful pair, its a shame they were broken up as we left Japan to return to the US in July, and the Surf is not eligible for import yet so it was sold
                    Untitled

A small model to remember an awesome ride. The paint came out much more textured than I hoped, but I suck at spray painting.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Had to get a photo of my favorite car next to my favorite jet.
                    Untitled

In mid July the Supra was dropped off at the processing center in Okinawa to be shipped to the US and imported under the 25 year rule!
                    Untitled

Here she is being inspected meticulously for imperfections, which there are many of I might add, as the shipping company does not want to be held liable for previous damages.
                    Untitled

Picked up my wife's new daily driver/our adventure vehicle. 2012 4Runner SR5 4x4. Plans are a small lift, wheels and tires, de-chroming, and a few other touches.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Currently rolling on a set of BFG AT KO2s in factory sizing
                    Untitled

And lastly but certainly not least, here's my new daily! 1997 Lexus LS400 w/ the gold package and rare mesh wheels. It's been something I've been interested in getting for about 6 months and I came across the exact color, trim, and year I wanted for a killer price!
                    Untitled

Lowering springs and clear center outer tail lights were purchased for it before I left Japan and are en route with the rest of my belongings. Plans after those are installed will be minimal as money allocated to this means less money for the Supra and 4Runner, and with the transition to the civillian world, the current budget does not allow for much extra spending.
                    Untitled

Untitled

Registered and Washed
                    Untitled

The next round of updates will be when the Supra is ready for pickup here in the states, so if you've enjoyed the journey thus far, a new chapter of experiences is in store for this dream come true.
                    Last edited by EricT93; 08-08-2018, 11:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• lol dude.... you are winning

Comment

• Pity about the Surf, we've got the same dumb rules here. Also relate to the temptation of modifying a daily hahah. Keen to see how it turns out nonetheless

Comment

• The Supra is here! It took about 8 weeks from drop off to pick up and boy was it worth the wait!

Dirty as hell but a gorgeous sight for sore eyes!

Untitled

Ready for the 3 hour haul home.

Untitled

After 3 years of being daily driven in the elements with no garage in Japan, she finally has garage to call her own and gets taken out on fun, clear weather days. Fresh oil change time!

Untitled

I got a 30 day temporary registration pass the day before I picked up the car so I was able to roll around on the JDM plates to a couple local meets.

Untitled

Cars and Coffee Roll In

Untitled

Blessed with a dope spot as soon as I rolled into a local meet held at an indoor kart track. They put together a solid event!

Untitled

Being extra at Sonic

Untitled

(RED)

Untitled

Shifting gears to the 4Runner, my wife's number one complaint was the lack of a back up camera, so I fixed that and took the opportunity to upgrade the headunit.

Untitled

Untitled

We had some cosmetic repairs that needed to be addressed so we took the opportunity to fully de-chrome and update the lighting to the Trail Edition dark housing versions up front and facelift LED style out back. All the body stuff was done in actual paint for longevity but the wheels were a quick plasti-dip job as new wheels, tires, and a simple lift are in store in the relatively near future. Loving how it looks right now though!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I enjoyed the LS400 but ended up getting a company car so it went to a new owner who has plans to get it sitting right.

Untitled

And to end off a long update....my custom plates finally came in! JPN2TX, to remember the amazing memories I had with the car in Okinawa, Japan and to look forward to the ones I will make here in the great state of Texas.

Untitled
                          Last edited by EricT93; 10-26-2018, 02:18 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• So rad to be able to say you brought your car back here yourself.

Comment

• Glad to see it made the journey nice and safe
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Once again here for my random periodic update...

Rolling into the local Cars and Coffee

Untitled

One of my favorite things about Cars and Coffee is that its Family Friendly!
                                Untitled

Found a fellow JDM Legend
                                Untitled

Untitled

Strapped the car down on the rollers. 340 HP/319 TQ to the tires, not bad for stock twins with a few bolt ons.
                                Untitled

Japanese Nostalgia Meet
                                Untitled

Got a roof rack for the wife's 4Runner and filled it with luggage, loaded up all 7 seats, and hit the road for Christmas.
                                Untitled

Did a little upgrade to the audio, all the stock speakers got replaced with Kenwood units and this powered sub designed for a truck fit quite nicely in the hatch, providing some great bass from the 12" sub.
                                Untitled

Going for a drive
                                Untitled

Sometimes you have to stop and take a pic
                                Untitled

My wife and son were gone for the weekend which meant car stuff all weekend

Started off with some Cars and Coffee
                                Untitled

Drive the car that makes you smile
                                Untitled

Then took the wife's 4Runner out for some light-mid wheeling
                                Untitled

Untitled

Started the night hitting up some car meets
                                Untitled

Ended up going to another awesome meet being held at a nice Ford dealership
                                Untitled

Finished off the weekend with some AutoX and found some older siblings there too
                                Untitled

Our Toyota family got a little bit bigger...
                                Untitled

Made the trip out to Austin for Radwood, it was a killer event!
                                Untitled

Got a little love from Jalopnik
                                Untitled

Proud to work for one of the oldest and most trusted names in the Automotive Industry
                                Untitled

More road trips
                                Untitled

New setup who dis?
                                Untitled

Just kidding...Threw the beater wheels on and dropped the car off at the body shop for a much needed respray. The Meisters will also be getting a refresh.
                                Untitled

That's all for now folks, I'll update once the bodywork and wheels are finished!
                                Last edited by EricT93; 04-04-2019, 03:31 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X