Take it in blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it in blood

When they said wouldn't start, I bit the bullet and bought it. I had been watching this ad on Kijiji (Craigslist in Canada), it was listed at 1650 originally.
    I had been eyeing it daily for over 3 weeks. Went back for one of my usual checks and had seen the price had dropped drastically .
    Instantly emailed the seller and a date was arranged.

Fast forward a week and I was sitting in his garage looking over the folder of countless dealership receipts and service work orders.
    I had found a diamond in the rough.

The seller was cool enough to have installed bilstein shocks that lowered the car to an ideal height that I was looking for.
    Also had installed a mid range sound system(sub,speakers,headunit).

Since I'm i giant bike monkey, the seller also agreed to include a oem Mercedes roof rack for pocket change

Though there are so small issues to address, such as rear driver door not going down or up, small rust spots on the body, NO RUST ON THE UNDERCARRIAGE

Now its just sitting in the parking lot ready for money to be thrown at it.
    Hopefully ill get around to fixing the no start this weekend.

The goal with this car is to leave it stock and just enjoy it. I've been a lurker of this site for a few years and have seen nice examples, and some downright horrendous ones. I guess the crazy camber and crazy low cars have worn off me.

-Kofi
    Last edited by kofi; 02-26-2018, 06:11 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

So the weekend came and went and I finally got started on taking apart the car to check the no start.
    After checking fuses, battery, fuel, I narrowed the problem down to spark.
    Took apart the distributor cap and rotor and replaced it with new beru units.

-Kofi
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Comment

Please mod the crap out of this thing. Pleeeeaaaaassssseeee. Oh yeah, those stock hub caps look great.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

This is how it sounded after getting it to start
        It is straight piped from the cats back

Also where's the best place to buy some parts, i know of ecs and rockauto but I'm in Canada and its not really cheap to buy from them with our weak dollar and crazy import duty fees. I need some locally based places to buy springs and spacers to bring the back out a bit more.

-Kofi
        Last edited by kofi; 07-28-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Any ideas on how to clean cis injectors, car is hesitant to start unless the throttle is pressed down, rough idle and water is puking out the exhaust.

Comment

Update:
            Car is running, got the hard start to go away with new fuel filter, but the temp gauge seems high for sitting in traffic 100C, any ideas where to start.
            Also looking for spacers to bring the rear out a bit.

Comment

Throw in cooler thermostat?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
              @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

90-100°C are a pretty normal temp for an warm engine

Comment

i'll swing by the part store on monday and see what they have, thinking about wheels- whats popping these days for these benzes?

Comment

Nas qoute for the thread title? Im in

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Nice 190E, I have one too.
                      Temperature: At first, I was worried too about the temperature in traffic, but apparently 100C is normal. When you're not used to wideband gauges you panic a little when you see the temps going up and down all the time.
                      Warm start: It might be a OVP relay (over-voltage protection). Common failure on older Mercs. If you find one used, it might be wise to grab it and have a spare. It might solve your start issue. Check for vacuum leaks too, if you have one it might have trouble to start too. It's probably not CIS-related. Also, don't be like most people online thinking that all of their problems are CIS related. It's mostly vacuum leaks and it's not that complicated once you took the thing apart a few times haha!
                      Parts: Check out eeuroparts.com. They are from the USA, but their rates are reasonable. I also found out that my local NAPA can get you most german aftermarket prices (like Meyle, Febi, Lemforder) on the next day. However, it might be a little more expensive. Try to stay away from URO Parts, especially rubber parts (mounts, bushings, tie-rods and especially flex discs), as they are known to fail prematurely. You can also check out mtl-autoparts.com. They are in Montreal but they ship.
                      Mint green Mk2 build
                      Daily 190E build

Comment

niec start. This seems like it has some potential. Carry on
                        Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                          Nas qoute for the thread title? Im in
                          Glad to see some nas fans here

Comment

Originally posted by Rocambolesque View Post
                            Nice 190E, I have one too.
                            Temperature: At first, I was worried too about the temperature in traffic, but apparently 100C is normal. When you're not used to wideband gauges you panic a little when you see the temps going up and down all the time.
                            Warm start: It might be a OVP relay (over-voltage protection). Common failure on older Mercs. If you find one used, it might be wise to grab it and have a spare. It might solve your start issue. Check for vacuum leaks too, if you have one it might have trouble to start too. It's probably not CIS-related. Also, don't be like most people online thinking that all of their problems are CIS related. It's mostly vacuum leaks and it's not that complicated once you took the thing apart a few times haha!
                            Parts: Check out eeuroparts.com. They are from the USA, but their rates are reasonable. I also found out that my local NAPA can get you most german aftermarket prices (like Meyle, Febi, Lemforder) on the next day. However, it might be a little more expensive. Try to stay away from URO Parts, especially rubber parts (mounts, bushings, tie-rods and especially flex discs), as they are known to fail prematurely. You can also check out mtl-autoparts.com. They are in Montreal but they ship.
                            I took the car to a well known merc tech, and he said the exact same about the temp, so i'm good there.
                            A neighbour gave me a ovp relay and that's sitting in a pile of spare parts i've accumulated so i'll experiment with that.
                            The starting issue is taken care of.... for now i guess.
                            I've been using napa and hotspot parts for parts and they seem reasonable

Update : Picking some wheels up later this week on the cheap
                            Recent pics after a cleaning

Last edited by kofi; 09-28-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Did some maintenance today, mainly brakes
                              new ate front and rear calipers
                              new flexi brake hoses all way round
                              pads and disks all way round

Last edited by kofi; 02-26-2018, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X