Bmw e28 520i - wont start when hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmw e28 520i - wont start when hot

Hi guys i have a big problem and i need your help.
    I own a 84 e28 520i 88kw euro model. when the car is cold it starts and drives normally until the engine gets it working temp then the engine stops working and wont statt cranks but wont catch i leave it for 5-10min to cool and then i try it starts with no problem and i can drive it for about 10 minutes then the problem repeats.

Ive changed ecu, ignition coil and ignotion modul, rotor and cap and the little thing yoi connect on the side of the rotor dont know its name, ecu, inspectes maf, idle sensor and all other sensors basiclly ive changed evertyrhing i could and it didnt help when the car stops it has spark and fuel bit wont start please help me and excuse my bad engliah im on the phone so its kinda harder to write.

Try fuel pump. Could be that it's too low pressure.

Or maybe your temp sensor is faulty

Comment

Somebody messed up with the fuel pump relay so when the car stops and I turn the key so lights on the cluster are on the pump works when I try to crank the car the pump stops and doesn't give fuel.

Comment

check you cooling controller and all exhaust after that check your fuel line may be you have problem within these things.
        http://www.importscollection.com/

Comment

Swap the main relay....on the side of the fuse box. My e28 & e30's did the same thing. Typical that it sh**s the bed when hot.

Comment

Working...
          X